Nintendo Switch

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I finally caved and got a mint/used system last week. There are a lot of digital games I want to purchase, but the small physical library is already a lot of good shit I like.

Any of you still playing SF Ultra online? I would like to play with more regular competiton if possible. The online has fared a lot better than I imagined, I've had lag-free matches about 80% of the time! ;)

I've only had like 2 lag free matches. The rest has either been really bad and ok.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I think this is the only device I own that supports it, and it makes a big difference.

The Switch, my surface and my Galaxy S5 support it, but not the Vita nor the 3DS. Pretty annoying

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I'm down to play some USFII, so LMK, let's go!
I'm down! I'm using an account with a used system, but if the Friend Code doesn't change between new accounts someone let me know? There is still lots about this system that I am clueless about...

SW-4964-3048-2212

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I'd be up for it, but my internet isn't great. Street Fighter 5 on the PS4 runs fine, but USFII really struggles. I've only had a few matches, but they've all been extremely laggy.

Using the Switch on a plane trip recently was great. It doesn't take up a lot of room in hand luggage and kept me entertained most of the flight. I did get a few funny looks, but I think that was more me getting into Street Fighter too much while my partner watched.

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
Has anyone picked up Golf Story? I played through it last week and had a really good time with it, put almost 20 hours into it, which I rarely do these days.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Has anyone picked up Golf Story? I played through it last week and had a really good time with it, put almost 20 hours into it, which I rarely do these days.

I've been watching the store and I peeked at it, but never went through with buying it. Just picked up Mario Kingdom and am working through that. Just completed the first area, so figured no need to pick anything else up yet. Also thought about Stardew Valley. I enjoyed it on the PC and figured that the Switch would be a great place to be able to just sit down and throw a few hours in if I'm bored.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I haven't seen one nor ever heard of it, I wanna know more! How are the controls?

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I purchased it as soon as it hit the eShop. Just checked my profile, and I'm at about 16.5 hours into the game in the 5th area. I really dig the art style and enjoy most Golf games, so this one was a no brainer for me. For anyone on the fence about a purchase, the unique rumble implemented in this title is worth the price alone for me! ;)

I hope they can patch the game soon for more player support in Quick Play mode.

I haven't seen one nor ever heard of it, I wanna know more! How are the controls?
The controls are simply spot on in my opinion.

Last edited:

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
Axiom Verge is definitely worth getting. It looks so nice on handheld and docked. Also, a whim buy I made, Butcher. If you're looking for a violent 2d action game to tide you over till Doom, Butcher is a good use of that time. The guns are satisfying, and so is the challenge.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
was there a friend code thread before? i dont find it. anyway here is mine, add me please : SW-3391-6603-0334

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
I purchased it as soon as it hit the eShop. Just checked my profile, and I'm at about 16.5 hours into the game in the 5th area. I really dig the art style and enjoy most Golf games, so this one was a no brainer for me. For anyone on the fence about a purchase, the unique rumble implemented in this title is worth the price alone for me! ;)

I hope they can patch the game soon for more player support in Quick Play mode.

The controls are simply spot on in my opinion.

Yeah I thought it controlled really well, and I know what you mean about the rumble, I thought it actually added something to the game. It's a little glitchy, did you get stuck anywhere? I did during 2 mini games, had to go to the home menu and shut the game down. I really had a lot of fun with this one though, and it's definiely worth the 14.99

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Axiom Verge is definitely worth getting. It looks so nice on handheld and docked. Also, a whim buy I made, Butcher. If you're looking for a violent 2d action game to tide you over till Doom, Butcher is a good use of that time. The guns are satisfying, and so is the challenge.
I quickly glanced at the eShop main art but didn't really check it out. Looked up the trailer and bought it right away. I enjoy a really intense challenge so this should do well until I can save for more physical titles. My only complaint right away is really bad control options. Making the jump control only set to up on the joystick, or the left shoulder is really awkward and feels bad. It will take a bit of time to learn the range of all weapons and exactly what cover you have in each area but the violence is awesome.

was there a friend code thread before? i dont find it. anyway here is mine, add me please : SW-3391-6603-0334
There should be a revised thread here, since I see enough for a small group. Mine is SW-6237-4088-1900. I would really like to get some steady players on Ultra SF2! ;)

Yeah I thought it controlled really well, and I know what you mean about the rumble, I thought it actually added something to the game. It's a little glitchy, did you get stuck anywhere? I did during 2 mini games, had to go to the home menu and shut the game down. I really had a lot of fun with this one though, and it's definiely worth the 14.99
Oh shit I forgot about that main one. I first got caught up in the Disc Golf part of the game, when I was practicing the curve of the throws, the disc got caught up between the 3 NPCs and I couldn't get the disc to land so I couldn't do anything but hard reset the system. I've seen the 'black line flicker' kind of bug about a dozen times now, but it's really fast and doesn't break anything in-game.

Another pretty big mistep is the long challenges where you can't quit out or retry right away. I learned a faster workaround only by sinking the ball into the wrong hole then it kicks you from the challenge by a OOB error. :keke:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'd like to see Hyper Light Drifter, if Axiom Verge got the eshop deal why not HLD?

xxjimmypxx

Rugal's Thug
Another pretty big mistep is the long challenges where you can't quit out or retry right away. I learned a faster workaround only by sinking the ball into the wrong hole then it kicks you from the challenge by a OOB error. :keke:

That's a good idea, lack of retry was a little annoying.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
pre-ordered battlechasers night war, can't wait.

I love Joe Madureira, I liked the Battle Chasers comic 'cause his art was superb in it, the characters were ok, the story was ok, the coloring was insane! Joe MAD is a big FF7 fan, this game is supposed to be that way...what a shame, I wish it was a beat 'em up, too bad.

Off topic, Joe Madureira also did all the concept art for the Darksiders games.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I bought a couple of games this week because they seemed cheap. I got Bomberman but the single player mode is dull and I can't find anyone to play online. The only hope with that one is with friends, so I will give that a go next time I have people over. Otherwise, I'm disappointed, even with low expectations.

I've also bought Sine Mora EX, which should arrive early next week. I've never played this one and I love shooters, so this should be more to my taste.