Nintendo Switch

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Will this be the only release of the game or just the first shipped? I'm glad I resisted the urge to pick it up digitally. eBay can be really annoying with the flood of empty case and art listings for the eShop games, this will just help get rid of a small amount of them!

Nicalis will be publishing physical versions for Switch and PS4 in Q1 2018 for $39.99.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Will this be the only release of the game or just the first shipped? I'm glad I resisted the urge to pick it up digitally. eBay can be really annoying with the flood of empty case and art listings for the eShop games, this will just help get rid of a small amount of them!

No. The news out maybe 2 days ago a full US release is coming because Nicalis picked it up. Going by their other stuff like Tiny Barbarian DX, Isaac, and Cave Story is should probably be a $30-40 release with the usual extras in the case.

As far as Mario goes, only up to the break between the beach and snow areas as I'm going slow and playing it in a few hour bursts here and there so it lasts. I really should try and take down the ending at the least as November has Doom, Skyrim, Axiom Verge, and RIME all showing up. And so far it feels as amazing as Mario 64 did when it first came out which the others since have in a little bit to more lacked in some way or the other. I really don't have any complaints as I'm more surprised how much there is going on and to go back to.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
abgnqsi8x5qu1exqyojo.jpg

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
So I saw only 4 Switch games for sale here and decided to pick up The Binding of issac Afterbirth +, it didn't come with all the internal goodies that all the YouTubers shared. Oh well, the game is awesome and I'm looking forward to the replayability.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
So I saw only 4 Switch games for sale here and decided to pick up The Binding of issac Afterbirth +, it didn't come with all the internal goodies that all the YouTubers shared. Oh well, the game is awesome and I'm looking forward to the replayability.

only the first batch upon release came with manual and stickers, set to be one of the more collectible items for the Switch no doubt

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Is the controller sync / connectivity issue still a problem?

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object

Honestly, this has been one of the games I keep putting in and playing. At first I found it a bit boring because I didn't quite understand how it all worked. As I got more into it, I got a bit addicted trying to unlock anything. Can be quite enraging at times, but yet I keep going back.

Setsuna1982

World Her,

Haven't encountered any problem with them. Bought the console at the end of september. They got a software update last week.

What I've noticed is that the pro controller goes empty if you are not using it. Playing? No problem. But if I put the switch in standby and don't use the pro controller for a few days I can't even start the console with it, it's just without juice.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
What I've noticed is that the pro controller goes empty if you are not using it. Playing? No problem. But if I put the switch in standby and don't use the pro controller for a few days I can't even start the console with it, it's just without juice.

Yeah, I've noticed that too.

Heck, what's worse is... have you tried turning on your Switch if it's battery is dead and the unit is plugged in? You can't. It acts like any other tablet or phone with a dead battery that's plugged in--it wants to charge up some before letting you use it. This means that in a few years when the rechargeable battery is totally dead, you won't even be able to turn the system on at all. I imagine we'll see a ton of tutorials for cracking open the system and aftermarket batteries and AC wiring solutions.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
That was supposedly fixed in the 2.0.0 update. I'm on FW 3.0.0 and I only played BOTW on my Switch. In those ~200 hours I never had that problem. If you were to buy a Switch today, then you would most likely get a system that is at least on 3.0.2.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I finally got 500 moons in Odyssey and,
Spoiler:
fuck that last stage. I think I spent a 1 1/2 to 2 hours on that thing. And that stupid wood pecker shit, half the time I ended up standing on top of those wooden boards you're supposed to stick in. Thanks for the invisible hat dick heads.
Still a great game. :lolz:

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Xenoblade 2 is going to have a option for Japanese voices.

I had that issue and sent my controllers in for a free repair. Nintendo's been handling that since sometime after the first week or so. Haven't had an issue since I got them back.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
After getting a chance to try some fighters and shmups, for me the lack of a proper d-pad has begun to be bothersome. Never thought I'd long for the PSP disk-nub but I may even prefer that over the Switch setup. I hardly ever use it docked so I'd gladly pay for some type of third party left joycon with a real d-pad.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
After getting a chance to try some fighters and shmups, for me the lack of a proper d-pad has begun to be bothersome. Never thought I'd long for the PSP disk-nub but I may even prefer that over the Switch setup. I hardly ever use it docked so I'd gladly pay for some type of third party left joycon with a real d-pad.

IMG_20171030_212909-480x640.jpg
They do exist!

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
New RE:R Switch Features Video

luz at the motion controls

I usually hate motion controls but it's the best thing that ever happened to Resident Evil 4 (and Metroid Prime) IMO.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Same here but I'd agree with Metroid Prime as the lack of a second stick sucked on the cube, and also FPS games were pretty uniquely fun being to aim and shoot using the wiimote. I just want Skyrim to arrive as I've never played it before.

mdd45

n00b
Maybe Nintendo should consider releasing an optional left joycon with a traditional d-pad.....

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I usually hate motion controls but it's the best thing that ever happened to Resident Evil 4 (and Metroid Prime) IMO.
I completely agree. Playing RE5 on PS3 with the Move controllers was the only way I could stick with it as well.