Nintendo Switch

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Tried two different ones, neither worked. The last time one of those things worked was when I still used my Wii.

-SD-

Camel Slug
fail0verflow have got Linux running...

MkiIGg7.jpg

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Nowhere. Did Linux running on example PS4 lead to something?

Um yeah? On ps4 You can now run home brew software, play pirated copies of games, and play emulated copies of almost the entire ps2 library on it.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Um yeah? On ps4 You can now run home brew software, play pirated copies of games, and play emulated copies of almost the entire ps2 library on it.

Well you asked good or bad for the system.. So liked when PSP was jailbreak I think that actually made difference because there were lot of people who wanted to jailbreak there own PSP for playing free games etc.
but I just don't see this linux running turning to something that people would install custom rom in to Switch. Then used that to play free games, browse the internet, use Netflix etc.

I think it will lead to someone will demo Switch running some emulator etc. like PS4

Westcb

Well you asked good or bad for the system.. So liked when PSP was jailbreak I think that actually made difference because there were lot of people who wanted to jailbreak there own PSP for playing free games etc.
but I just don't see this linux running turning to something that people would install custom rom in to Switch. Then used that to play free games, browse the internet, use Netflix etc.

I think it will lead to someone will demo Switch running some emulator etc. like PS4

Yeah that’s what I was curious about: the what’s next. I hope it doesn’t turn to rampant piracy but I’m also curious what could be done with an exploit that allows another OS to run, I figured that would slip down to CFW though.
On an unrelated not I saw monster boy (wonder boy sequel?) for preorder on amazon. I already downloaded dragon trap and enjoyed it and it says it’s be the same guy so hopefully should be as good.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
On an unrelated not I saw monster boy (wonder boy sequel?) for preorder on amazon. I already downloaded dragon trap and enjoyed it and it says it’s be the same guy so hopefully should be as good.

That's strange I never heard anything about it. The dragons trap had lot of hype in couple years before it launch. Also I saw from play-asia that Wild Guns Reloaded is coming to Switch. Nice to see games coming to Switch that are under 30$.

And then there is Mega Man collection. First 6 are in memory card (which now are over 300mb.. ) and parts 7-10 are downloaded content which takes over 6gb :( Probably Capcom will charge 50$ thou..

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Monster Boy was announced before the Dragon's Trap remake, and it's made by a different studio.

Westcb

Anybody tried that free Mario Odyssey DLC yet? Hoping to check it out today

Yeah I couldn’t really get into it, you just hide a balloon and other players try to find it and vice versa. You pay coins to attempt it, and win coins if you complete it. If you make yours really hard to get people will waste coins over and over and you will get paid out while they try to beat it. Most were like 10 coins to play and about 30 seconds to find a balloon. Some Japanese one was 150 to play and 750 payout but it was stupid hard and I hadn’t played in so long I was not doing very good on jump timing etc. it will probably turn into like MARIO maker and people will make insane runs which will probably be more fun to watch then play. The rest of the dlc was just 3 costumes, one of which was 8000 coins.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
What do you think this will lead too? Good or bad for the system...

I guess people running unauthorized code on a console is a good thing from the hacking perspective, but it's pretty much useless for a regular user. You want to run things on Linux? Install it on anything it's meant to be used on. It's interesting to see it running on Switch, but dedicated Switch homebrew is where the fun is at. Plus the piracy, I suppose. It's a shame we've entered an era of software hacks rather than, say, flash devices. I know flash cartridges cost money, but they are so damn convenient. Unlike software solution, which always have to be one step ahead of the firmware updates. Not that this didn't affect flash devices for, say 3DS ...

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Yeah I couldn’t really get into it, you just hide a balloon and other players try to find it and vice versa. You pay coins to attempt it, and win coins if you complete it. If you make yours really hard to get people will waste coins over and over and you will get paid out while they try to beat it. Most were like 10 coins to play and about 30 seconds to find a balloon. Some Japanese one was 150 to play and 750 payout but it was stupid hard and I hadn’t played in so long I was not doing very good on jump timing etc. it will probably turn into like MARIO maker and people will make insane runs which will probably be more fun to watch then play. The rest of the dlc was just 3 costumes, one of which was 8000 coins.

Thanks for the impressions, sounds fun for the hardcore fans. I haven’t touched the game for a few months so will no doubt be absolutely shit at it

Still love this system and last years output was incredible but I could really do with some new games. Exhausted Skyrim at the end of last year, E3/Pokemon can’t come soon enough.

Westcb

Thanks for the impressions, sounds fun for the hardcore fans. I haven’t touched the game for a few months so will no doubt be absolutely shit at it

Still love this system and last years output was incredible but I could really do with some new games. Exhausted Skyrim at the end of last year, E3/Pokemon can’t come soon enough.

Yeah the indie games kept me plenty busy up to this point. Bayonetta is fun but not really my style. Not sure if I will see it to completion at this point although the story seems good enough. I went back to Mario kart 8 last few nights and the fzero level really makes me wish they would put out a new one. The next few Nintendo releases still are several remakes of wiiu games, I just don’t want to rebuy those at this point. Then we got Kirby and then yoshi, so not sure what’s the next 1st party game coming out after those except I guess a new prime. At least 3rd party support seems to be going good but I don’t see anything that can compete with odyssey or Zelda yet; but I may have missed some announcements so I hope that’s the case.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Do yourself a favor. Avoid hunting for Words of Powers from the Greybeards. Well you can do the quests but once you get the one for Arcwind Point, the shit gets a glitch where it doesn't count the quest as complete and it'll keep asking you to go there. It doesn't effect you happen to find the other Words of Power but that shit was annoying to me that the devs couldn't fix this shit since it was present in the PS3 Version after you installed Dawnguard.

In Short, Save your game right before you talk to that Greybeard about Words of Power.

I've been playing the Switch port these days and wow, what a mess. I'm surprised they still haven't fixed it.

It crashed on me multiple times. I usually get an error message and have to restart the game when I go a little too hard on my enemies. I've read somewhere that it's due to some problem with the memory of the Switch.

The game is great and all but this port has some serious issues :(

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
To be fair I found it to be one of Betasheds better offerings. That Greybeards glitch is really lame but other than that I thought it looked superb in handheld mode and ran very well. I've put in about one hundred hours and only had two or three crashes so far. It's been my first time playing Skyrim and I've had a great time with it. Skyrim on the shitter yeah lads.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Smash Bros., Okami HD, Undertale, Crash Trilogy, Captain Toad and more coming to Switch.

Okami HD @7:25
Captain Toad @20:25
Undertale @21:35
Crash Insane Trilogy @22:20
Smash (5?) @32:54

Other videos included for Dark Souls, Project Octopath Traveler, Mario Tennis Aces (video made it interesting), No More Heroes spin off, Little Nightmares, South Park Fructured but Whole and some 3DS games.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Everybody be dumpin their Wii U games for the Switch versions but not me - one day that shit gonna be worth a fortune!

Oh and how come no Labo??? :(

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Nice to see the 3DS still getting some love. WarioWare Gold and the Luigi's Mansion remake sound good to me.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I'm still the most hyped for that donkey kong port. Loved it on wii u, excited to go through and 200% it again.