Nintendo Switch

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
If:

=

Then:

Moe in furry heaven :drool:

I would be very interested in seeing how a star fox racing game would turn out.
While I would prefer a more traditional SF title, nintendo really bombed with SF Wii U.

Also the new pokemon game was announced last night. It's an expansion type of game but it integrates pokemon go onto the switch. I really don't care too much for that so i am a bit disappointed. However i did think the game looked good as far as graphics are concerned and i have high hopes for the gen 8 games that are coming out next year.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Nicalis is making a Puzzle Fighter game called Crystal Crisis for Switch.

https://blog.nicalis.com/blog/Crystal-Crisis-Drops-on-Nintendo-Switch-This-Fall

The game has 19 different playable characters, including your favorites from Cave Story+ and The Binding of Isaac and many other surprise entrants. Each character has his or her own “home” stage, musical theme, unique special attacks and extensive voice-acted exclamations. Here are the ones you might recognize:

Quote, Curly Brace and Ballos (from Cave Story+)
Isaac (from The Binding of Isaac)
Atom and Black Jack (from Tezuka Productions)
Princess Solange (from Code of Princess EX and Blade Strangers)
Aban, Tina and Jim Hawkins (from 1001 Spikes)
President Thompson and a Zombie (from The Tempura of the Dead)
Akuji (from Akuji the Demon)
Knight (from Hydra Castle Labyrinth)
Johnny Turbo (yes, the notorious TurboDuo spokesman)

Joining them will be four newly-created characters from some of our top-secret games in development. Three of these fighters will be appearing in Crystal Crisis for the first time anywhere:

Helen—a noble warrior inspired by Greek mythology (she’s also in Blade Strangers)
Hunter—a whip-wielding vampire killer
Elise—a bat-winged gothic vampire girl
Ninja—a mysterious and acrobatic shinobi

cc4.png

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Marion tennis aces has a free trial download for this weekend only. Gave it a go, seems solid, lots of moves to pick up so I think it's going to have some depth to it. I wasn't looking for a sports title at the moment and it's not quite changed my mind but I can see myself grabbing it in a sale in 6 months or so.

TheKRULIX

n00b
Aces has been a fun time. I'm getting it right around launch. Anyone looking to play it or anything else add me :)

2083-3603-5240

Fun times!

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Official Switch Gamecube pads are incoming to coincide with Smash Bruhs.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I'm looking for a good co-op game I can play online with a pal who lives abroad, any suggestions?

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
So, Mario Tennis. I'm just not feeling it. Seems like there is so much emphasise on the special shots, that it's lost the fundamentals of tennis.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
So, Mario Tennis. I'm just not feeling it. Seems like there is so much emphasise on the special shots, that it's lost the fundamentals of tennis.
Volleying 4-5 times to build up your meter, and then unleashing an unblockable shot doesn't sound like fun to you? :keke:

If you could turn off all the extra bullshit in the options I would pick this up, otherwise I'll pass.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
That’s a shame, I really liked the N64 Mario tennis, and the GBC one was incredible! This Switch version was developed by the same company that did those originals so I had high hopes for this game but a lot of comments I’ve read are similar to what you guys said. Too bad... :(

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It kinda sounds like the GBA sequel to that GBC game. In that one you didn't play tennis as much as you just volleyed until your meter was maxed and you did your special move for the win.

To this day the GBC game is probably the best tennis game ever, with the possible exception of Virtua Tennis.

TheKRULIX

n00b
Mario Tennis Aces - there are two online modes, the standard with the charged shots which I enjoy. The simple mode I haven't tried but it says that there aren't any charged shots. I like this game and have played and lost to the highest ranked players. There is an adventure mode that feels like a long tutorial. I like the online play. Use your meter for better first serves or save it up for a special that can be blocked by your opponent. If anyone here grabs it add me.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Vertical grip is up on kickstarter from fangamer. It looks really good.

I like the look of this. I was playing Donkey Kong on my docked Switch today and I was wondering if there is a way to get Tate mode while docked.

To that end, Gunbird 2 is available in the store. Anyone get that?

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I like the look of this. I was playing Donkey Kong on my docked Switch today and I was wondering if there is a way to get Tate mode while docked.

To that end, Gunbird 2 is available in the store. Anyone get that?

I think I've bought all the Psikyo shmups so far. These ports are usually pretty good for what they are and Gunbird 2 isn't any different from what I've played. One of the best Psikyo shmups in my book.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
That’s a shame, I really liked the N64 Mario tennis, and the GBC one was incredible! This Switch version was developed by the same company that did those originals so I had high hopes for this game but a lot of comments I’ve read are similar to what you guys said. Too bad... :(

I finished the story mode last night. It's fun, but it's very reliant on the gimmicks, and it can get frustrating at a couple points.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Today is MPE release day! Just picked it up within the last hour for ~$8. Seems to play well with sharp clear graphics, same simple controls as the OG, and quick responsive lag free coin grabs.

Love IT!

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Today is MPE release day! Just picked it up within the last hour for ~$8. Seems to play well with sharp clear graphics, same simple controls as the OG, and quick responsive lag free coin grabs.

Love IT!

Digital releases and compilations are such a great thing for people who actually just want to play the games. People overcharging for not hard to find games is ridiculous.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Anyone here playing Octopath Traveler? I've been enjoying the game. I really love the visuals, especially when you see the sprites being dynamically lit and shadows being casted from them. I've been going through Chapter 1 of each class so far (traveling to each city I encounter and only doing Chapter 1's of each character class I encounter). So far the story is just individual ones for each class, I'm waiting for it to open up and connect all the storylines with an overarching one. Some people don't like the choose-your-path, individual stories... but I kinda like it. It reminds me of Legend of Mana for the PSX, except without having to place city tiles on the map.

Combat-wise it's your standard turn-based affair, except with Break system similar to other recent JRPGs out there. But the Break and double-up system makes the combat more exciting and strategic.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Darius Cozmic Edition coming to Switch

Official Site

https://gematsu.com/2018/07/darius-cozmic-collection-announced-for-switch

Taito has announced Darius Cozmic Collection for Switch. The 5,200 yen standard edition of the side scrolling shoot’ em up collection will include four arcade entries in the series, while the 16,800 yen limited production special edition will add five console entries. It will launch on February 28, 2019 in Japan.

Here is the list of included titles:

Darius (Arcade)
Darius II (Arade)
Sagaia (Arcade)
Darius Gaiden (Arcade)
Darius Twin (Super Famicom) – special edition-only
Darius Force (Super Famicom) – special edition-only
Sagaia (Sega Master System) – special edition-only
Darius II (Mega Drive) – special edition-only
Darius Alpha (PC Engine) – special edition-only

The special edition also includes the following physical bonuses:

Darius Arrange CD