Nintendo Switch

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That wouldn't surprise me it's a big bloated game that was at first looking to come out this year, but then quickly got its date rushed and bumped into the end of last year for holiday sales. I'm sure that probably had a little into it, yet probably not too much. 360p in handheld is unforgivable and likely optimized could have done nicer with time, time they had cut short.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
The recent,nintendo direct though i'm not surprise it's getting dark souls since it was a rumor.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Dark Souls seems like a great fit to me. The Switch is perfect for putting on standby with your game in progress, and picking straight up where you left off later. I never exit games when I'm done on Switch, I just leave it where it is. This will be perfect for all those times you get stuck in Dark Souls. Switch it off, walk away, and come back to it later.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Dark Souls seems like a great fit to me. The Switch is perfect for putting on standby with your game in progress, and picking straight up where you left off later. I never exit games when I'm done on Switch, I just leave it where it is. This will be perfect for all those times you get stuck in Dark Souls. Switch it off, walk away, and come back to it later.

Exactly, and the slow transition of Wii U titles to the switch is great also.

TWENY was a surprise, but awesome nonetheless

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
something is going on with just the switch that makes the games look super out of focus and jaggy.
This may help:

System Settings -> TV Output

TV Resolution: 1080p
RGB Range: Full

My Switch was on Auto and Limited and I too wondered why it looked so bad. After changing the settings to 1080p and Full the image looks a little crisper and the contrast seems to be better as well.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
-RXN- Raijin is pretty awesome, now that I've put more time into it. I've finished 33 of the 47 (?) stages. Plays really damn well. Worth the relatively high price, IMO.

Last edited:

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I picked up Darkest Dungeon for the Switch last week. I knew about this game before, but I didn't want to play it on PC or PS4. But with the Switch's portability this game works really well. The game is awesome, and hard. Lots of people complain about how hard it is, but if you're like me, you don't see that as a hindrance...it's a challenge. The game is set-up to have heroes be somewhat expendable, but rewards you if you keep them alive and allow them to level up to gain power. But that is incredibly difficult to do as you can easily wipe your group in a dungeon at any given chance.

If you lack the testicular fortitude, this game isn't for you. You will be chewed up and spit out repeatedly at the beginning, then curb stomped by the harder areas later on. But when you successfully complete quests without losing anyone, or gaining too much stress or afflictions on your heroes, it feels great.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
For anyone interested Gunbird is back up on the Switch eshop.

I'm enjoying all these psyko games. I know a lot of folks don't like the version of zero gunner but I'm having fun with it. Don't have a dream cast so it'll do just fine.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Wonderboy arrived today in the mail and Nicalis did their usual amazing packaging job with a mini audio disc, beautiful manual, and a lizard man keychain included too.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
Looks like Samurai Aces is the next Psyko chump on Switch, and it should be out on the 15th. Never played it before, but heck at $7 I'll give a try.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
What's up with ZG2? I haven't played the DC original in quite a while but it seems alright.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
What's up with ZG2? I haven't played the DC original in quite a while but it seems alright.

They mentioned a issue about hit detection but I'm not that good at shooters to notice this issue. Might have been fixed by now. It's a awesome game and worth the price.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The issue was there is a "bump" mechanic in the game. Flying enemies can be bumped into without blowing up and you can hover over boats and stuff. The port had the bump mechanic attached to everything so certain safe spots wouldnt work cause you'd be bumping like a bumper car off of everything. Don't know if it was fixed yet.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
I think at least as of a couple of days ago it wasn't fixed. Though I think if you bump enough times into some of the smaller enemies both you and they blow up.

I'm play casually so it didn't detract from my enjoyment whatsoever.

c0nn0r

If I could have, My time back, I'd keep it in ma'
10 Year Member
Hey guys, I hope this is the right place to talk about this issue I'm having connecting Saturn controllers to Switch. In short: It does not work!

Here's what I've tried so far, and from what I've read my investigation does go a bit deeper than what I've read about other's efforts.

(1) Tried the "Mayflash SS" Saturn-to-USB adapter (http://www.mayflash.com/Products/N64SNESSS/PC050.html). Plugged it directly into the Switch Dock, and no go.

(2) Tried a combination of the "Mayflash SS" adapter with the new "Magic NS" adapter for Switch (http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NINTENDOWiiU/MAGIC-NS.html). Did not work.

I contacted Mayflash and they said the Saturn adapter is not supported. I messaged back asking about their statement that both devices say on their website that they support both XInput and DInput - so if they are supporting the same protocol, there should not be an issue. I did not get an answer.

I did a bit of digging and found a thread on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/6t9az3/for_those_who_bought_the_magicns_adapter_how_is/) where this issue has been raised. A user there said they he contacted Mayflash and had response from Mayflash that said:

For people who might be looking at this in the future, it looks like the x-input on the saturn adapter is for a new version of the adapter. This was the response I got when asking Mayflash's support about it. They didn't give a release date, but just keep an eye out for a version with a physical switch if you want to use it on the Switch.

OK, so sucks that the website says it currently supports XInput when it does not. Did not stop me though.

(3) I opened up the Saturn adapter and looked for a place on the PCB that would be where a physical switch might be. I found a few promising pads, and shorted them in an attempt to force XInput mode, but it did not work. Shot in the dark.

Anyone else have some ideas? I suppose I could do a pad-hack, but those JoyCon are expensive!

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Gaiz,

Any Japan excrusive eShop games worth getting?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
PS: So, I'm somewhat impressed with the build quality of the hardware (got one last night). I still resent the fact that this runs on an SoC. But really, how the fuck could they put this on sale to the public with such a shit wifi chip? I have to be within 15 feet to get two bars of signal and within 10 feet for a full signal. FFS.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Switch to the 5ghz band, it works much better.

I'll see if my router does that. (If it doesn't, I've been thinking about upgrading anyway.) But I thought 5ghz had an even shorter range than 2.4.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The range isn't as high, but the speed is faster and there are usually less devices using that band to interfere. In my living room the 2.4 band is useless but 5.8 is pretty much flawless. I think it was Dr Shroom that originally figured that out at launch

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'll see if my router does that. (If it doesn't, I've been thinking about upgrading anyway.) But I thought 5ghz had an even shorter range than 2.4.

All my stuff is on 5 and the router is in the backroom like over 30ft away, never had any drops.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I spent the 10 bucks and got USB to Ethernet adapters for the docks. The WiFi is not bad, but since we were running multiple switches on splatoon etc online I just wanted to make sure the connection stayed perfect. I did get bayonetta 2, never tried the first one and the eshop code wouldn’t work as amazon actually sent me a game before launch for the first time. Put a couple hours in, story seems like maybe I’m missing some stuff not having had played the first but has been enjoyable so far. Completely feels like It borrows a lot from God of war but the story seems original enough. Me and the kids beat Rayman legends as well and for a 20 dollar on sale game I gotta say it’s a nice 4 player platformer with interesting level designs and tons of replay. Been trying to stay on top of beating games before getting new ones but I keep getting distracted by old snes games on the classic. A quick game of sim city, UNsquadron and even populous have been taking up the available gaming time as they have been just to nostalgic to put down.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Gaiz,

Any Japan excrusive eShop games worth getting?

Senran Kagura Shinobi Refle ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The range isn't as high, but the speed is faster and there are usually less devices using that band to interfere. In my living room the 2.4 band is useless but 5.8 is pretty much flawless. I think it was Dr Shroom that originally figured that out at launch

I wish all my devices would support 5GHz, especially my security cameras. 2.4 GHz on the Switch is just a dead connection.
Never noticed any difference in distance. Ethernet cable on the switch doesn't work for me, didn't work for the Wii U either.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Senran Kagura Shinobi Refle ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I wish all my devices would support 5GHz, especially my security cameras. 2.4 GHz on the Switch is just a dead connection.
Never noticed any difference in distance. Ethernet cable on the switch doesn't work for me, didn't work for the Wii U either.

I got a USB to Ethernet adapter off amazon and it didn’t work on my wiiu or switch either but worked on a laptop. So I went back on amazon and bought one that said it worked on switch in the description and sure enough did.
UGREEN Network Adapter USB 3.0 to Ethernet RJ45 Lan Gigabit Adapter for 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet Supports Nintendo Switch White
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MYTSN7W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_jmSIAb4YJHES9
Just plugged in and that was it. Must be something slightly different to make it switch compatible.