Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Quote Originally Posted by jro View Post
    I got it on Friday. It's pretty good so far; I'm liking it better than X (though that's not saying much, X was more about not falling asleep than anything else). It's more a direct sequel to the original Chronicles, which is good.

Plays about the same, so if you like that style you're in luck. Looks nice enough, but yeah, it definitely looks like it's pushing the limits of the system. Everything looks really soft in docked mode. Really artificially sharp in handheld mode, which I don't mind as much as Eurogamer does. The lower resolution hasn't bothered me either.

Story is pretty solid so far (I'm about 3 hours in).

Voice acting is about as bad as the original Chronicles (mediocre to bad British accents. Main character sounds strangely like Michael Bisping. I'm not kidding).

Seems to have many of the same flaws as X, unfortunately. Almost everything is drawn out to an absurd degree. Cutscenes take 15-20 minutes when they could take 5 minutes. And in the game proper, you'll run into something like this: You have to earn a certain amount of money to buy an item that gives you access to a mission that also requires you to have access to a certain set of characters which first have to be recruited by blind-drawing items that you have to grind for, then, at the end of the mission, you might STILL need to grind to beat the boss.

None of that is exaggeration. I know full well that I may well tap out at some point, like I did with X (I consider X to be more disrespectful of the player's time than any other game I can think of), but for now I'll keep playing it, because the story's better than X and the gameplay is fun.
    Do yourself a favor, get the Jp language DLC pack, I couldn't stand the voices after like 30 mins.

Give an Azn
    A Break Here!

I finally got some more time in on axiom verge. It’s been really enjoyable so far if you like Metroid style games. There is a glitch though that creates static out of the left speaker. Same glitch has been affecting some other games too apparently but I guess they have to patch it for each game? The “solution” is to put the game in mono and apparently it goes away.

Sakura's Bank Manager

^ nice! I just picked up Axiom Verge as well. The music is kickass and I like the "darkness" of the game so far.
    I avoided getting it on other consoles earlier, but it just felt right to pick up for the Switch.

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Panda View Post
    Do yourself a favor, get the Jp language DLC pack, I couldn't stand the voices after like 30 mins.
    Thanks for this, I had no idea this existed. First thing I did last night, after hearing the first cut scene, was go into the options to change it to Japanese, but there wasn't one. I'll get the DLC immediatley.

I played an hour or so and I am still on the first area. Seems fun so far. I don't play a lot of JRPGs, but I really enjoyed the original on the Wii.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Axiom Verge is solid, and I don't remember if I got that audio glitch or not. I really like the mechanic with the teleport through walls.

Also was surprised to see Stern Pinball Arcade announced out of nowhere, first found on the UK amazon site. Gamestop lists it but oddly US Amazon does not and it's like out tomorrow or a few days after I forget but it is a physical release.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

Give an Azn
    A Break Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Axiom Verge is solid, and I don't remember if I got that audio glitch or not. I really like the mechanic with the teleport through walls.

Also was surprised to see Stern Pinball Arcade announced out of nowhere, first found on the UK amazon site. Gamestop lists it but oddly US Amazon does not and it's like out tomorrow or a few days after I forget but it is a physical release.
    I saw this on amazon and assumed it was just a UK release for now but your right GameStop shows it 12-12 release date. Not blown away by the table selection but could still be a fun pick up and go game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Interestingly, Eurogamer recommends it, but Digital Foundry found it to be a bit of a mess technically.
    The framerate appears to be a pretty consistent 30, which is adequate for a JRPG. The bigger issue is that dynamic resolution goes as low as 368p in portable mode, which is like going back in time, even on portables. For reference, the Vita screen was 960x544.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Westcb View Post
    I finally got some more time in on axiom verge. It’s been really enjoyable so far if you like Metroid style games. There is a glitch though that creates static out of the left speaker. Same glitch has been affecting some other games too apparently but I guess they have to patch it for each game? The “solution” is to put the game in mono and apparently it goes away.
    Not sure if this is the same thing but I'll get a static sounding pop ever once and a while playing Zelda. I never found a work around.

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Trailer for the new Zelda DLC. It should be up for download later today.

Bayonetta 3 CG teaser trailer

Also both Bayonetta 1 and 2 coming to Switch.

Last edited by GhostSeed; 12-07-2017 at 10:35 PM.

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
    Remember: if you have sex in the crushing poverty of third world India, do not use any form of contraception!

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

Hades Gate Keeper

YESSSS. OK, I'm no longer on the fence. I'm buying a Switch for Bayonetta 2 & 3.

Kula's Candy

Guess I'll need to start up Zelda again soon. Maybe I'll just go for a fresh game before I download it. That should give enough time to iron out any bugs that might plague the launch.

Cham Cham's Banana

I was hoping just for Bayonetta 1 and 2 but yeah this is awesome!

Cham Cham's Banana

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/8/16...-edition-japan

Japanese climax edition has physical copy of Bayonetta 1 but rest have only download code

Mr. Big's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by godzilla43 View Post
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/8/16...-edition-japan

Japanese climax edition has physical copy of Bayonetta 1 but rest have only download code
    Gonna buy the japanese edition then. Hope it will support english language and run 60fps in handheld mode.

Cham Cham's Banana

I might just buy the normal version or if the jpn climax is in playasia etc. and does not cost much extra maybe( and have English subtitles and menus). I am not really that interested of special editions but this was one those cases that developer gave the games I wanted to system I own. So buy the special edition for support etc.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

And Square announces also on Switch in about a week a remastering of SaGa Frontier 2 too. Appears to be digital, but maybe some region over their way will have a physical release like I Am Setsuna was given.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

Thread Information