Nintendo Switch

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Im getting Zelda on WiiU, I saw some footage and both versions drop frames, the WiiU more so than the switch but not enough to be a turn off. As a Dark Souls fiend I'm used to drop frame rates and what have you, I'll live.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
seriously - to me this looks like a boring piece of crap. nintendo should focus on making innovative games (again) instead of making unattractive and underpowered consoles...

...but zelda is a system seller and i already sold my wii U ~2 years ago. even at home i really like the handheld function

still underpowered...
still overpriced...
but yeah...

Original_Nintendo_Seal_of_Quality_(European)_(Custom).jpg

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
My switch does connect to wireless on the dock, it only connects while undocked. Tested with my 4g hotspot too. Same results

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Has anyone here bought Fast RMX? I'm tempted to give it a go, but once Mario Kart is out I doubt I'd ever touch it again.

I love r fastrmx, I had issues at first bc I didn't read about switching colors etc.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
FAST RMX is pretty cool so far...for 20€ its a must buy imho...

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
It's still an unlikely possibility. They released English NES FF2 on VC, and Nintendo did the same with Mother 1.

The only problem with that is both FF2 and Mother had official Prototypes that were already mostly, if not completely finished and translated to English. Even though I would love to see SD3 translated to English eventually, I have never heard there is even a partial proto of any kind. So there's very little chance that they will bother spending the money to hire a localization team to translate it.

I'll probably still snag the Japanese version of the collection, seeing as long as you know the games, the language barrier isn't too bad. Plus the cover art for the collection is just freaking awesome.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The only problem with that is both FF2 and Mother had official Prototypes that were already mostly, if not completely finished and translated to English. Even though I would love to see SD3 translated to English eventually, I have never heard there is even a partial proto of any kind. So there's very little chance that they will bother spending the money to hire a localization team to translate it.

I'll probably still snag the Japanese version of the collection, seeing as long as you know the games, the language barrier isn't too bad. Plus the cover art for the collection is just freaking awesome.

Interesting. Wasn't aware of the FF2's prototype existence before.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Eh I played about 80% through SK3 back when where wasn't a translation available :lolz:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Interesting. Wasn't aware of the FF2's prototype existence before.

The common FF2 proto floating around online has a complete draft English script, but it's not considered finished or even polished. I haven't heard before if square enix has a finished ff2 prototype on hand.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Yeah that FF2 game came out probably a decade ago at least, and it was stolen from the Nintendo achives just like Mother that got leaked out. While Mother(Earthbound 'Beginnings') was 100% ready to roll, FF2 was 100% ready minus a finalized translation. It's rough, still makes sense, but doesn't feel professional due to problems, but the game was so far along they already had box art, ads printed up to go, and more. It was like one step just behind Earthbound was. The other in that trifecta of abandonment is SIM CITY for NES. That one never has been stolen/released as of yet, and it does exist as trolls at Nintendo in the last months of Nintendo Power magazine admitted it existed, took a pic of the proto cart and the board to prove it was real. Years earlier in the dying NES days it was in the same page ad as Earthbound in Nintendo Power in a coming soon area.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I still anxiously wait for the release/leak of Sim City NES. That's the last great NES proto I'd love to play one day.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I usually consider the practice dumb, but I'd pay for a nice professionally done/looking modern cart of that -- the all new parts style, right down to a label that looks Nintendo authentic without some tools warezy group name on it and the rest. Given my care of the original 2 Sim City games, I'd probably pay up into a manual if one was there too. NP said the game was basically done, so it's right in there with FF2/Earthbound status wise most likely.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I love r fastrmx, I had issues at first bc I didn't read about switching colors etc.

Do I just suck at this game? It's been hard as shit for me...Mostly because the rubber banding is nasty...I can never generate a sizable lead, and in hero mode it seems to ramp up the rubber banding as soon as you want to cross the finish line...

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Do I just suck at this game? It's been hard as shit for me...Mostly because the rubber banding is nasty...I can never generate a sizable lead, and in hero mode it seems to ramp up the rubber banding as soon as you want to cross the finish line...

No, this game is just like that. Mario Kart in full effect.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
No, this game is just like that. Mario Kart in full effect.

That's disappointing...I've always hated rubber-banding as it's usually to my detriment rather than for my benefit. Maybe I just need to start playing it like it's Mario Kart and stick in the middle for the majority of the race rather than taking the lead.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Do you really think they will have a revision out that soon?

No, it was a bit of sarcasm. I'm sure one will eventually surface though. Winter 2018 is probably more realistic.

As for frame drops in wiiu botw...

I think the game runs great. I've never noticed any slowdown actually, so dont expect grave lord nito drops. Maybe if youre out looking for stuff to gripe about and actually get some gear to test the framerate you will find something.

I'm over halfway through the game no issues. Maybe it gets a bit more intense later, or if you run and let a large group of mobs chase you. But I think the way the combat is setup you shouldnt have frame issues at least the first half of the game unless youre doing some weird stuff.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
so I bit the bullet and grabbed a Switch this last weekend. After the initial reviews before release I had previously cancelled my pre-order. But the more I saw Zelda and read the reviews.... man, I just couldn't resist. And it doesn't fail to deliver. Zelda is the bomb. Probably my favorite in years.

As to the system, I'm feeling like it's an oversized Vita that just happens to also play on the TV. No complaints.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
As to the system, I'm feeling like it's an oversized Vita that just happens to also play on the TV. No complaints.

That's the best way to look at it. It's a fantastic handheld with a HDMI dock.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I just had the chance to play one. I like the tactile response all the inputs have. One question, does the "D-pad" actually works like a D-pad in any of the games? Seems like it's not gonna. Those analogue sticks are awful, Vita awful. The Pro controller feels good! So there are pros and cons, I guess it all depends on the library now.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The dpad works, but it's not ideal. I got used to it playing KOF. I think the buttons use microswitches, so it's very responsive, but the separation in the middle is annoying. I bet if you have a bigger thumb it's less of a problem. I'm hoping a third party either releases a joycon with a real dpad or at the very least we get one of those little stick on dpads like the ones that came with Tekken on PSP.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
^Agreed. I've done it not in a fighting game, but I had Bomberman before returning over bugs and it worked fine, and I Am Setsuna had worked solidly with it, prefer using the d-pad button array for more precision playing Binding of Isaac as well.

The sticks are fine, but for something that requires a more 2D era approach, it's not ideal at all.

Also look now I never really noticed it, but I was more paying attention to not dying or something than being a FPS snit, but this here should be of value to anyone who was bothered by it: https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/31/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-patch-improves-docked-switch-perform/

That so called 1.1.1 update to Zelda that said it made gaming experience more pleasant (like the vague turds they can be not saying HOW) well they fixed the frame rate on the game immensely. Runs far nicer/smoother than the WiiU release from the looks of things in docked mode and handheld (docked suffered specifically far worse.) That link has a youtube video where it runs the old release version vs the new for a stretch of time in the same walking path in a few locations. It's quite noticeable now that you can actually see the problem at hand.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
^Agreed. I've done it not in a fighting game, but I had Bomberman before returning over bugs and it worked fine, and I Am Setsuna had worked solidly with it, prefer using the d-pad button array for more precision playing Binding of Isaac as well.

The sticks are fine, but for something that requires a more 2D era approach, it's not ideal at all.

Also look now I never really noticed it, but I was more paying attention to not dying or something than being a FPS snit, but this here should be of value to anyone who was bothered by it: https://www.engadget.com/2017/03/31/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-patch-improves-docked-switch-perform/

That so called 1.1.1 update to Zelda that said it made gaming experience more pleasant (like the vague turds they can be not saying HOW) well they fixed the frame rate on the game immensely. Runs far nicer/smoother than the WiiU release from the looks of things in docked mode and handheld (docked suffered specifically far worse.) That link has a youtube video where it runs the old release version vs the new for a stretch of time in the same walking path in a few locations. It's quite noticeable now that you can actually see the problem at hand.

Yeah, update 1.1.1 is what should have released in the first place. Kind of surprising to see Nintendo not have the full polish in effect on such a title. I legit had points playing where I'd attack a moblin, only to have a solid half second of lock up while the system was trying to figure out what to do. Only Nintendo could release a game like that to 10/10 reviews everywhere...The game plays much nicer now.