Nintendo Switch

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
I got Sonic Mania Plus. The gameplay is great, and as I'm sure a million people have said, "This is what Sonic 4 should've been."

BUT...

Wasn't the promise behind the game, "What a true 2D Sonic game would've been like on Saturn?" There really isn't that much that would exceed the Mega Drive's capabilities. At most, it would need the 32X or CD to pull off the UFO minigames.

Also, I'm wondering why the first act of each stage is basically the same as levels from previous games. Why not have all new levels? Maybe they wanted to launch at a certain date and couldn't do a full game of original levels...

Either way, I love the game and hope that one or two things happen:

1. This gets a sequel
2. We actually get a 2D Sonic-on-Saturn game with Astal-level animation and effects.

i think this was a fan made thing that sega just decided to publish because they liked it so much and some of the levels were meant to be remixed versions of levels from the older games. still haven't played it though.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Got Diablo, its like the perfect fit for this machine. Afraid to know how many hours i have already spent on it since it released last week.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
i think this was a fan made thing that sega just decided to publish because they liked it so much and some of the levels were meant to be remixed versions of levels from the older games. still haven't played it though.

AFAIK the story is that the guy behind it did come from the homebrew scene and ported Sonic CD to iOS on his own. Sega was impressed, hired him to polish it up, and ended up releasing it as an official product. It did well so they gave him this project and several resources to make it happen. It could definitely be the case that they were meant to be remixed levels, but I dunno, that just kinda seems weak to me. Maybe they wanted younger players to experience the levels - people who may not have been around for the 16 bit era and didn't care about the compilation discs that have come out every few years.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
So, I have been on the fence about buying a switch. I don't care for crazy long epic adventure games but I do enjoy short, arcadey titles. Is the switch something I would like?

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
waiting my turn.
not been impressed with the results so far, and to add insult to injury, the wii/wiu network was NUKED from the grid.
nintendo did announce this and offer an option to import the post and image data to a computer for posterity, nothing regarding the existing userbase exodus.
wiiu network was fun, til it wasn't.
2/3ds remains, but as serial numbers.
wiiu/3ds were the same chat interface, can't see why wiiu had to go.
why not add it to to switch base? :???:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
So, I have been on the fence about buying a switch. I don't care for crazy long epic adventure games but I do enjoy short, arcadey titles. Is the switch something I would like?

Rocket league anywhere.

Nuff said.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

If you can hold off, a revision should be out this time next year or maybe the following spring, which will probably mean a price drop for the existing model.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

You really shouldn't have to ask these kind of questions.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
If you can hold off, a revision should be out this time next year or maybe the following spring, which will probably mean a price drop for the existing model.
I think it could be even sooner. If I were Nintendo, I'd want to announce it before Sony/Microsoft can formally announce the next generation and then get it out ASAP after that.

edit: To me, Nintendo is on the clock starting December 26.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Vol. 2 released today and Psikyo Collection Vol. 3 announced:

Strikers1945 Ⅲ
Sengoku Cannon
Gunbarich
Zero Gunner 2

Source

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Got Diablo, its like the perfect fit for this machine. Afraid to know how many hours i have already spent on it since it released last week.

I kinda got tired of the game and quite very early on. but that was before all the expansions and updates. Kinda want to try it out again.

Cyber deals are live: https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/cyber-deals/

Looks like some decent deals in there. I'm thinking about Blaster Master Zero for Switch and Pocket Card Jockey for 3ds. Bloodstained for $7 is tempting also, but I'm not sure if I want to do that or wait for a sale price on the physical.

I been holding off to see if these games will ever get any physical releases but $7 is looking quite nice. Might just jump on these.

That video that nintendo release does make it seem like the next version of the switch might be coming soon. Could be wrong but Nintendo has done stuff like this before like with the release of the 3ds and then updating it in less than a year after with the 3ds xl. Back then, they gave out a bunch of free digital games to the people that bought their 3ds early to keep us happy.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Monster Boy coming out soon. Been waiting for years.

On a side note, the Nintendo Switch app is fucking garbage. The chat works for like 5 games. If it does work for a game, how are you suppose to wear a headset and chat at the same time? Wear a headset over your chat gear? So then you have headphones plugged in your console, and a headset/mic plugged into a phone. I don't even know, seemed worthless since I own zero games ot works with. Who ever gave the ok on this app needs to be fired.

Why can't Nintendo just understand how online works? Have they not ever looked at a ps4 or xbox console?

Shits ridiculous. I hate online Nintendo with a passion. Get with the times assholes. People want to talk to their friends when they game. Even if they're playing different games.

Last edited:

-SD-

Camel Slug
Which probably means it’ll be revealed by Reggie at E3 next year...

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
R-Type Dimensions is available on Switch and Steam (currently 20% off) today.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I totally forgot about Smash Bros. Ultimate coming out on 7 Dec. I'm most stoked about Richter. Now I just need to find a way to play Rondo of Blood again.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Been playing my shiny new switch the last few days and I gota say I have really been enjoying it! The graphics are quite beautiful and well done on the 2 games I have played and its good to see Nintendo getting back to basics a bit which I feel they had lost a bit.

I have only played MK8 and DK so far but I also have Smash bros on pre order (got the smash bundle) and Zelda in the to play pile.