Nintendo Switch

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Got it on Pre-order. Looking forward to the thumb blisters...

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'm getting Ultra SFII 'cause I play a lot of HDR and ST online so I'm down for some games on this thing.

Bitches will bitch, if it isn't black then it's white, lol, bunch of posers.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Brought mine into work today, had a bunch of lunchtime fights with co-workers. The joycon split for 2-player was pretty tough to play seriously with, but it worked out for some casual fun on the go.

I really like the re-drawn art, it's much better than HDR where faces and poses aren't as distorted. Violent Ken is fun, tech'ing out of throws adds a bit to the game, and the menu system is clean.
Again, not much time to really dig into the game, but from what I've seen so far I'm happy to have paid my discounted pre-order price for this.

I really hope Brook comes out with a firmware upgrade or a USB adapter. For now I'll probably default to my 8bitdo.

Friend code: 6420-9447-1809 , if anyone wants to get ugly.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Brought mine into work today, had a bunch of lunchtime fights with co-workers. The joycon split for 2-player was pretty tough to play seriously with, but it worked out for some casual fun on the go.

I really like the re-drawn art, it's much better than HDR where faces and poses aren't as distorted. Violent Ken is fun, tech'ing out of throws adds a bit to the game, and the menu system is clean.
Again, not much time to really dig into the game, but from what I've seen so far I'm happy to have paid my discounted pre-order price for this.

I really hope Brook comes out with a firmware upgrade or a USB adapter. For now I'll probably default to my 8bitdo.

How does it play in single player mode?
Can you 1cc with the joycons, or is the pro controller a must?

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Anyone else do the ARMS test punch? I tried motion controls for a bit last night and wasn't really enjoying it too much, but switched to buttons today and had a blast wrecking people with the Mummy. I think this'll have some staying power like Splatoon but unlike Splatoon I think most people won't be using the motion controls.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member

Faces and Poses aren't as distorted, WTF, lol. Pro controller sucks, 8bitdo controllers suck, until there is a decent joystick readily available we're just doomed to suck.

Edit:HDR is still better than this. The game is good but HDR plays better online and that's what counts the most for me.

Last edited:

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
How does it play in single player mode?
Can you 1cc with the joycons, or is the pro controller a must?
I haven't tried single player yet.

As soon as I got home yesterday I connected my 8bitdo SNES30's to my Switch and did primarily Online matches. The 8bitdo's were great.
Ended up getting Violent Ken, Guile and Blanka up to C in battle rank pretty easily. I'm not sure if it's just the lack of experienced ST players, or the hindrance of the controls, but I was cutting through people like butter.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Faces and Poses aren't as distorted, WTF, lol. Pro controller sucks, 8bitdo controllers suck, until there is a decent joystick readily available we're just doomed to suck.

Edit:HDR is still better than this. The game is good but HDR plays better online and that's what counts the most for me.
Agreed about not having a stick to connect. But you use what ya got.

Yeah, distorted faces because HDR had just traced over art rather than proper redrawings. As a HDR cock rider you should have known this.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Really? Dude, I don't disagree that the original art is the best but you really don't know what you are talking about. I know that you believe in what you say but ignorant lines don't make it true you know. Mind as well shut it while it's early, let's play online so I can show you how I make do with what I got. Fucking bum.

Edit: I would accept, handheld HDR, yes, awesome.

Last edited:

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Amazon delivered just delivered my game.

I'm enjoying it!

Was I suppose to get an instruction booklet?
I read that it was up to developers to make the decision to include or not include one.

Cheap bastards should of made one.

Control is ok, but I miss combos once in a while. I finished the game on standard setting the first time I played it. I did not lose a round, and got 4-5 perfects. So control is ok for the most part, but when playing a good opponent you want to have great control.

Last edited:

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Got it last night & OMG i cant do the thumbstick haha...Fucking Brooks better get off their ass now. Great game though & yeah its definitely not better then HDR but its still SF2 & that what counts. I want to be top 5 Gief by the end of this weekend.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah HDR XBL4LF but this is a great little handheld game to play online, that's where it really shines. I also find the animations of the new style to run a lot smoother than HDR's. Nice bonus to have the classic graphics all the way unlike HDR which had ugly classic graphics which it was just for character sprites.

What I like the most about it is the ranked record system, this is what I wanted for a while in HDR. Not as detailed as I would have liked but still very good.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Yeah i like the ranking! Finally got top 5 Gief!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
lol, that's just for now while people get heated. HDRchump getting big headed already, lololololol.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Anyone else do the ARMS test punch? I tried motion controls for a bit last night and wasn't really enjoying it too much, but switched to buttons today and had a blast wrecking people with the Mummy. I think this'll have some staying power like Splatoon but unlike Splatoon I think most people won't be using the motion controls.

I finally got my first taste of Arms today. I started out with the motion controls and just wasn't enjoying it all that much. Honestly found it not tracking as well as I would have hoped at first. I switched up to the pro controller and started to have a lot more success. It took a bit to really get the hang of it, but once I did I was doing well...usually. lol.

I'm still on the fence on getting it release day, especially since I am more excited for Splatoon 2 and there's only a month in between. I am still working my way through all the endings and challenges for Binding of Isaac, so plenty for me to do there. Plus Puyo-Puyo Tetris & Bomberman to mix things up a bit now and then.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
What is up with no turbo speed settings? From reading it seems to be roughly Turbo 1.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I had a play on USFII yesterday on a friend's Switch. It played pretty well and apart from the stick it controlled well too. It seemed a bit easy though. I am by no means a pro at Street Fighter, but I had a play on normal difficulty and finished it without needing a single continue.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I finally tried it out too yesterday evening while helping the start up on setting up my wife's computer. I didn't die either. I'm very much not into practice anymore with SF2, but I still remember the moves thankfully. A round or two I lost, had some others that were close, even got 2-3 perfect rounds as well or so. From what I can recall messing with the GBA SuperSF2 and the old SNES stuff it seems right to me from memory at least. I think had I used someone other than Ryu I probably would have had more problems. It's definitely a solid game, and works well on that thumb stick enough, just not excellent, and the little buttons for a d-pad don't work for circular motions to pick up well at least.

I ordered an 8bitdo NES 30 Pro pad on ebay the other day, should be here hopefully by the end of the week as I think that'll really make the fun stand out with that proper d-pad which I'm not paying Nintendo $70 to get when I can for $30.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Oh crap, you're rcaido. I've contributed some points to your ranking. :(

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Amazon delivered just delivered my game.

I'm enjoying it!

Was I suppose to get an instruction booklet?
I read that it was up to developers to make the decision to include or not include one.

Cheap bastards should of made one.

Control is ok, but I miss combos once in a while. I finished the game on standard setting the first time I played it. I did not lose a round, and got 4-5 perfects. So control is ok for the most part, but when playing a good opponent you want to have great control.

Nintendo just decided to do away with game manuals on the Switch for some reason. I think for Switch games they should include manuals for all the different configurations you can play the thing. And games like Zelda that have lots of menus and actions, a manual would still be worth having.

Speaking of different ways to play, I bought USF2 over the weekend and been enjoying it. Played it single player with the pro controller and gotta agree with the people saying that the d-pad is bad for this game. Then I played it with a buddy in table top mode with one joy con each and it plays a lot better that way. Handheld mode was probably worst for me but it still plays decent.

The game itself is really nice. I prefer playing with the new graphics and remix music but its nice that they included the old school graphics and music. Been playing it a bit online and its been smooth for the most part even though my wireless connection is bad. Haven't tried the way of the Hado yet but I don't care much for it and 2v1 fighting was unfair. Oh and the art book is pretty sweet.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Well, I picked up USFII at Best Buy 2 days ago now. Haven't gotten to play it a whole lot, but I remember now why I was more of a Mortal Kombat fan. (Even on other controllers & even in the arcade.) Can't say I don't like it, but was never all that great at it. I don't regret picking it up, but I also picked up Disgaea 5 and I'm sure you can guess which has been getting more of my attention.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Dont care, now im number 1 in the world! Wipe me down!
Standard hardware or stick? I wanna hack a wired pad, dunno which one to get though. I just got a lan adapter, we'll see how that goes...

Currently I'm number 19th, just checked, I'm at about 2500BP or so...lol, better keep going HDRchump if you wanna stay on top, everyone there is tailing you, just a matter of a few more games. I've played Mark, took him down, haven't ran into you yet but if I do you're gonna get wrecked.

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
Blazing Star on the Switch works extremely well. Online leaderboards and caravan mode are a nice touch too.
Im on the fence with USF2 (Love ST and HDR), i tried to play KoF with the joycons and i find it near impossible...i know SF2 has simpler gameplay, but still not sure...