Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Ralf's Drinking Buddy

The recent,nintendo direct though i'm not surprise it's getting dark souls since it was a rumor.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
    Wii U:Progearspec

Ukyo's Doctor

Dark Souls seems like a great fit to me. The Switch is perfect for putting on standby with your game in progress, and picking straight up where you left off later. I never exit games when I'm done on Switch, I just leave it where it is. This will be perfect for all those times you get stuck in Dark Souls. Switch it off, walk away, and come back to it later.

Chin's Drinking Partner

Quote Originally Posted by MattBlah View Post
    Dark Souls seems like a great fit to me. The Switch is perfect for putting on standby with your game in progress, and picking straight up where you left off later. I never exit games when I'm done on Switch, I just leave it where it is. This will be perfect for all those times you get stuck in Dark Souls. Switch it off, walk away, and come back to it later.
    Exactly, and the slow transition of Wii U titles to the switch is great also.

TWENY was a surprise, but awesome nonetheless
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    3DS Friend code: 4811-7358-8350

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

Die Gans

Quote Originally Posted by ysselcneogeo View Post
    something is going on with just the switch that makes the games look super out of focus and jaggy.
    This may help:

System Settings -> TV Output

TV Resolution: 1080p
    RGB Range: Full

My Switch was on Auto and Limited and I too wondered why it looked so bad. After changing the settings to 1080p and Full the image looks a little crisper and the contrast seems to be better as well.
    Originally Posted by kernow:
    Serious, serious problems man, you have them.

oh yeah right in the balls man jro's Avatar

-RXN- Raijin is pretty awesome, now that I've put more time into it. I've finished 33 of the 47 (?) stages. Plays really damn well. Worth the relatively high price, IMO.
    Last edited by jro; 01-22-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Sieger's Squire

I picked up Darkest Dungeon for the Switch last week. I knew about this game before, but I didn't want to play it on PC or PS4. But with the Switch's portability this game works really well. The game is awesome, and hard. Lots of people complain about how hard it is, but if you're like me, you don't see that as a hindrance...it's a challenge. The game is set-up to have heroes be somewhat expendable, but rewards you if you keep them alive and allow them to level up to gain power. But that is incredibly difficult to do as you can easily wipe your group in a dungeon at any given chance.

If you lack the testicular fortitude, this game isn't for you. You will be chewed up and spit out repeatedly at the beginning, then curb stomped by the harder areas later on. But when you successfully complete quests without losing anyone, or gaining too much stress or afflictions on your heroes, it feels great.

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

For anyone interested Gunbird is back up on the Switch eshop.

I'm enjoying all these psyko games. I know a lot of folks don't like the version of zero gunner but I'm having fun with it. Don't have a dream cast so it'll do just fine.

Friend me on Facebook!
    Thanks, I am thinking of getting ZG2 and GB

Guerilla Warrior

Wonderboy arrived today in the mail and Nicalis did their usual amazing packaging job with a mini audio disc, beautiful manual, and a lizard man keychain included too.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

Looks like Samurai Aces is the next Psyko chump on Switch, and it should be out on the 15th. Never played it before, but heck at $7 I'll give a try.

oh yeah right in the balls man jro's Avatar

What's up with ZG2? I haven't played the DC original in quite a while but it seems alright.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by jro View Post
    What's up with ZG2? I haven't played the DC original in quite a while but it seems alright.
    They mentioned a issue about hit detection but I'm not that good at shooters to notice this issue. Might have been fixed by now. It's a awesome game and worth the price.

The issue was there is a "bump" mechanic in the game. Flying enemies can be bumped into without blowing up and you can hover over boats and stuff. The port had the bump mechanic attached to everything so certain safe spots wouldnt work cause you'd be bumping like a bumper car off of everything. Don't know if it was fixed yet.
    No, just no.

Been There.
    Done That.
    It Was Shit.

I think at least as of a couple of days ago it wasn't fixed. Though I think if you bump enough times into some of the smaller enemies both you and they blow up.

I'm play casually so it didn't detract from my enjoyment whatsoever.

Another Striker

Hey guys, I hope this is the right place to talk about this issue I'm having connecting Saturn controllers to Switch. In short: It does not work!

Here's what I've tried so far, and from what I've read my investigation does go a bit deeper than what I've read about other's efforts.

(1) Tried the "Mayflash SS" Saturn-to-USB adapter (http://www.mayflash.com/Products/N64SNESSS/PC050.html). Plugged it directly into the Switch Dock, and no go.

(2) Tried a combination of the "Mayflash SS" adapter with the new "Magic NS" adapter for Switch (http://www.mayflash.com/Products/NIN.../MAGIC-NS.html). Did not work.

I contacted Mayflash and they said the Saturn adapter is not supported. I messaged back asking about their statement that both devices say on their website that they support both XInput and DInput - so if they are supporting the same protocol, there should not be an issue. I did not get an answer.

I did a bit of digging and found a thread on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwi...dapter_how_is/) where this issue has been raised. A user there said they he contacted Mayflash and had response from Mayflash that said:

For people who might be looking at this in the future, it looks like the x-input on the saturn adapter is for a new version of the adapter. This was the response I got when asking Mayflash's support about it. They didn't give a release date, but just keep an eye out for a version with a physical switch if you want to use it on the Switch.

OK, so sucks that the website says it currently supports XInput when it does not. Did not stop me though.

(3) I opened up the Saturn adapter and looked for a place on the PCB that would be where a physical switch might be. I found a few promising pads, and shorted them in an attempt to force XInput mode, but it did not work. Shot in the dark.

Anyone else have some ideas? I suppose I could do a pad-hack, but those JoyCon are expensive!

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare

Gaiz,

Any Japan excrusive eShop games worth getting?

Thread Information