Nintendo Switch

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I did email the company about the crackling Audio and they said they have a fix for the physical version ready but Nintendo takes a long time to approve any updates so it might be a bit before it gets pushed out.

Yeah I was getting that crackling audio as well. It would happen at the static sections of the map, but then wouldn't turn off after that. I end up just saving and restarting the game and it goes away. Really annoying though.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Went to Frys the other day and saw Axiom Verge at $50 but thought it might have been too much especially for the kind of game it is but it looked really sweet. I almost bought it but remember there's still games I need to beat first. And that Blossom Tales is totally a Lttp rip off but still like seeing this type of game.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Went to Frys the other day and saw Axiom Verge at $50 but thought it might have been too much especially for the kind of game it is but it looked really sweet. I almost bought it but remember there's still games I need to beat first. And that Blossom Tales is totally a Lttp rip off but still like seeing this type of game.

Good you passed, the standalone game is $30 and even the limited version is $40...

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Good you passed, the standalone game is $30 and even the limited version is $40...

That’s what I was thinking seemed high for a retailer? Limited edition is only 32 when you buy from amazon before release and GCU too but worse case should be 39.99 everywhere else. I’m enjoying picking up the indie games in cartridge format a lot too. I just grabbed Tiny Barbarian for 20 bucks off amazon. Great game in co-op mode, me and my daughter just beat the first chapter together. It’s really honing her 2d platforming skills playing something that requires precise jumping to stay alive.

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

I wasn't in any big need of getting it since I still need to pass the few games I have first. Just haven't been playing as much since I was busier than normal.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Axiom Verge is great and on par with 2D Metroids.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Do you guys think Nintendo will release a non-portable version of the Switch at some point?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Do you guys think Nintendo will release a non-portable version of the Switch at some point?

55181940.jpg

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Pinball FX3 and Stern Pinball Arcade are FREE (with DLC to purchase) on the eShop right now. Limited time of course!

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Didn't realize this, but I just updated my Mayflash F500 stick and it wroks great on Switch. Played some Pulstar, obviously.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Anyone get Raijin? It looks kind of cool but $38 is pretty steep for a title with zero marketing info anywhere.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
My wife got me a Switch for X-mas, set it up and messed around with it for a little bit last night. I downloaded Metal Slug X, and I'm disappointed in the conversion.
There's lots of slowdown, the menus are clunky with bad "engrish", and the video options are sorely lacking. The game looks very blurry whether it's on a TV or in handheld mode.

Are all of ACA's Neo games on the Switch like this?

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Glad I waited on Gunvolt. Best Buy dropped it down to $30 plus still got my 20% off.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I just started playing Odyssey this morning, and it’s simply awesome.
The hours just whizzed by, and I was completely consumed in playing. It’s been years since a game has captivated me like this. For what is basically a collect-a-thon, the gameplay and level design between all the collecting is so fun and engaging.
I have not felt like this about a Nintendo-made game for years, and after years of making hardware that was just ok, I actually feel impressed by the Switch itself as a system/platform.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Well, beat the new DLC for Breath of the Wild already. It is worth the money in my opinion, even though I blew through it in one night.

I haven't gone to find all the extra sets of armor. Also haven't completed the Master Sword quest (gets quite challenging), but I did the quest line for the Champions. Took probably a good 6-8 hours at least? I lost track as I was at work and ended up staying up til about 4am to finish it.

Do have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well, but haven't started into that yet.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Started -RXN- Raijin. It's pretty solid, but the price is a little high. If it was $20 it would be a no-brainer, but at $38 it's a tough recommendation.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Ish bullshit! I need to just move to Japan. Need to learn the language first, though...meh, I'll just stay here.

That is pretty sweet though. Wish the US would get similar, but I should know by now to temper my expectations.

Is the switch region free? I'd assume it was but, its Nintendo so i'm not suprised if it isnt as they make the dumbest choices possible.

Also is is just me or is anyone else not impressed with the switches docked mode?

I've got a wii u and almost everything first party on the wii u is 1080p 60fps and looks clean and buttery smooth my high end 4k tv. However the switch on the other hand looks like hot mess. Xenoblade 2 looks like straight shit in any mode i've played it. The only thing it looks good on is a widescreen crt and even then its clearly a very sub hd game with poor textures. Even mario oddessey looks to be runing at 720p and has a very soft junky picture quality. Its really just unimpressive how nothing is aiming for 1080p docked. I rather them cut down on other graphic features and get me that picture clarity than some higher draw distances and more shinny objects.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Is the switch region free? I'd assume it was but, its Nintendo so i'm not suprised if it isnt as they make the dumbest choices possible.

Also is is just me or is anyone else not impressed with the switches docked mode?

Nope don't agree.

And the Switch is region free both physical and digital (though you'll need to match another region account on your system.) I've got one Japanese release because it also had english on there too (I Am Setsuna.)

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Nope don't agree.

And the Switch is region free both physical and digital (though you'll need to match another region account on your system.) I've got one Japanese release because it also had english on there too (I Am Setsuna.)

Yeah I’m playing Mario kart on wiiu and switch and I definitely don’t feel like the switch has any issues or puts out an inferior picture to the wiiu. I’m only running 1080p 65 inch viera plasma so can’t compare to a 4K tv but judging from that guys experience maybe his 4K tv us trying to upscale or something and that’s diminishing the quality?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
They knocked the quality up a notch on the Switch vs WiiU too. 1080p/720p vs the older 720p/480p on WiiU, updated some menus, tweaked some animations/graphics for the better supposedly too. That's just graphics not getting into all the other updates. This little piece before the game popped up has some side by side comparisons with pictures and stuff maybe worth a quick peek: https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/04/mario-kart-8-deluxe-switch-vs-wii-u-graphics-comparison/29048/

If he's on 4K it is a possibility the problem is there.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
They knocked the quality up a notch on the Switch vs WiiU too. 1080p/720p vs the older 720p/480p on WiiU, updated some menus, tweaked some animations/graphics for the better supposedly too. That's just graphics not getting into all the other updates. This little piece before the game popped up has some side by side comparisons with pictures and stuff maybe worth a quick peek: https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/04/mario-kart-8-deluxe-switch-vs-wii-u-graphics-comparison/29048/

If he's on 4K it is a possibility the problem is there.

Yeah i'm on 4k Sony x930c. I just find it odd that xbox one s, ps4, wii u all look good but something is going on with just the switch that makes the games look super out of focus and jaggy. To be fair all I've got is Odyssey and Xenoblade 2. And xenoblade 2 apparently just looks like shit no matter what you do. The game runs in 360p in portable mode half the time and even in docked is running sub 720p the vast majority of the time. Xenoblade Chronicles X on the switch looks vastly better.