Nintendo Switch

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I have joycon disconnects (primarily the left one) if I block the top of it in any way. I believe this has been confirmed but there is literally no antenna extension in these, and people have already fixed it by opening up the con, and soldering a simple 2 inch piece of wire to extend it. The wire stays inside the controller.

But do you have fishtanks?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Swithcing my router to 5 GHz helped. I wasn't even aware of this option.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Swithcing my router to 5 GHz helped. I wasn't even aware of this option.

Nice tip! I didn't even know the Switch supported 5 Ghz, wifi is shit in my living room, and I didn't have the 5 Ghz radio enabled in my router since nothing I had used it. The eshop stuff comes up instantly now like I was sitting right next to the router.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Has anyone here bought Fast RMX? I'm tempted to give it a go, but once Mario Kart is out I doubt I'd ever touch it again.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
You guys don't seem to be exactly loving your new system. If Zelda wasn't on there, what good would it be? I mean, really?

Without Zelda? it wouldn't have launched. There's not much of a reason to own it at the moment.
They would have dragged out the WiiU to Spring, then the Switch marketing would have gone through summer for a fall holiday release.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Has anyone here bought Fast RMX? I'm tempted to give it a go, but once Mario Kart is out I doubt I'd ever touch it again.

I bought it, it's like Wipeout with no weapons. It's a decent game, the whole Ikaruga color changing thing annoys me though. You may like it more than me, I tend to not like racing games where I don't actually have tires on the pavement. I probably won't play it again once another decent racer hits.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I bought it, it's like Wipeout with no weapons. It's a decent game, the whole Ikaruga color changing thing annoys me though. You may like it more than me, I tend to not like racing games where I don't actually have tires on the pavement. I probably won't play it again once another decent racer hits.

I actually feel the same most of the time, I don't even like the hovering parts in the latest Mario Kart games. I did used to enjoy F Zero though, which I've heard this compared to.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Yeah it's similar, but FZero GX is a much better game.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
"Square Enix Shows Footage Of Seiken Densetsu 3 Being Played On Nintendo Switch"

20170320_011650_thumb.jpg

(Link with video)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Or do the "good" thing and put weird patterns on the sides like the PS3 Genesis collection.

I don't see the difference between the Genesis Collection emulation and what's being shown in this video.

Background images? Gross.

You can remove these in most ports. I don't stand them too, so I remove them.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Who wants to start a cottage industry of high res 4:3 flat-panel displays with me? Composite, s-video, component, RGB, SCART, and HDMI. Built-in Framemeister, officially licensed. We could sell like 15 or 16 of them, no problem.

Edit: Also, tate.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
It would be better if it were 640x480 with a scanline option, then there's no scaling.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Seiken Densetsu 1-3 collection announced for Japan:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
After seeing that I have no hope of that ever being seen outside of Japan let alone translated either (like I Am Setsuna) so that's a wash. It's just an emulator package so I doubt they'll bother with anything but the local ROM set. Shame really I'd buy that.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
You guys don't seem to be exactly loving your new system. If Zelda wasn't on there, what good would it be? I mean, really?

None, that's why I just got it on Wii-U. That consoles so shitty I felt justified to buy it so I own at least 5 games.

I really want to own a Switch, but there's just nothing on it yet, and by next Christmas they will have a new revision out anyway. So might as well wait and see how the console develops this year.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
None, that's why I just got it on Wii-U. That consoles so shitty I felt justified to buy it so I own at least 5 games.

I really want to own a Switch, but there's just nothing on it yet, and by next Christmas they will have a new revision out anyway. So might as well wait and see how the console develops this year.

Do you really think they will have a revision out that soon?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
After the draught near the end of the Wii U's life, I was expecting a spectacular launch line up for the Switch, but not only Zelda was all we got (which is great to say the least), but also there doesn't seem to be any other major exclusives until Mario Odyssey, which isn't coming until late 2017. Octopath Traveller seems interesting though, but no release date yet. Snipper Clips can be fun for the family too.

After seeing that I have no hope of that ever being seen outside of Japan let alone translated either (like I Am Setsuna) so that's a wash. It's just an emulator package so I doubt they'll bother with anything but the local ROM set. Shame really I'd buy that.

It's still an unlikely possibility. They released English NES FF2 on VC, and Nintendo did the same with Mother 1.