Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nintendo Switch

This is exactly what I wanted out of the hardware, so I am pretty excited.

edit: NoA video is finally up.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 10-20-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    This is kinda what I was hoping the Game Boy would be when it launched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me

Chang's Grocer

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    This is kinda what I was hoping the Game Boy would be when it launched.
    You were a true visionary.

NEST Puppet

As a long time Nintendo fan I'm beyond hyped!

Nvidia also confirmed the Tegra rumors.

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Amazon placeholder listing:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LTHP2ZK

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

Looks good to me. I will probably be preodering, assuming the price is reasonable.
    Last edited by MattBlah; 10-20-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

I didnt post much on this here but I knew of this design for a bit now as my brother is a producer at one of the third party licenses listed as in on this device but I did over at racketboy as this has been discussed for awhile there. This is the first time Nintendo has had if they actually honestly support it, third parties of such quality since basically the SNES era and a bit of the GC. You have a good list of deserters, haters like Epic which is a shock, and a lot of mobile developers too. If you see a spread like that it plays into the stories of NintendOS being like Android, easy to port and develop for at a minimal cost so it makes sense developers would return to Nintendo for another cash source. In a way its like the NeoGeoX but doesnt suck, you have a HDMI dockable multiplayer handheld device except legally on the level with Nintendo stamped to it and a good list of developer support.

Smart name smarter placing NINTENDO back into it, remoing the stench of the Wii/U entirely trying to start oer with their one working line of business -- handheld, but invading with a home dock is smart. With NDA in place it is nice to see Nidia step up with Tegra, it gives a power idea of 2 sorts...Tegra like on nvidia shield console now or the 2nd Gen Tegra which is faster, cooler, cheaper and them not being clear makes me think that which means it is no push over.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Nvidia also confirmed the Tegra rumors.
    Wow that Nvidia article is very promising. Console looks good and with this kinda support it will be amazing.

赤裸裸的汽車人

That logo reminds me of thing else. I can't place it right now.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

Give an Azn
    A Break Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
    Apparently rumors say it has a 6.3 inch multitouch screen so it's the same size as the Wii U gamepad screen. To be fair would have loved a 7-9 inch screen since this isn't a pocket sized handheld like the DS lite for example. I mean Skyrim or 2-player Mario Kart split screen game on 6.3 inch screen?

I'm also gonna miss the DS/3DS/ Wii U second screen. This new "console" better deliver some really special games for me to jump in.

I bet this thing has touch screen controls for nearly every game so you don't have to use the detachable controls.

The PSP also had a tv-out so it's nothing revolutionary. I bet also that this thing has a tv-out with just a cable needed. Maybe 720p and attached to dock 1080p.

There are also phones with 6.3 screens out there with all the bells and whistles and they aren't that popular...

This is actually a risky shot from Nintendo. They could have just done a true successor for the 3ds, go mobile and publish the big games on ps4/XBONE/PC. I see this is what probably happens in the future if Switch doesn't do well.

If you want a bigger screen just wait for the switchi, then after you buy it get the switchiXL, after you buy it then buy the Switch3D, then after you buy that get the Switch3DXL.... problem solved.

Ukyo's Doctor

I am most interested about the split controller (without the plastic thing attached in between.) This could be the way to go. I dont like holding my hands together like I have to do with a pro controller, 360 controller or dualshock kind of thing. For me, a wiimote and a nunchuk was always more ergonomic as long as I didnt have to use them for motion controls. Also, the lack of second thumb stick in this configuration was a stupid oversight. Now they will have two thumb sticks finally for this kind of controller that you can hold on your sides. I hope Sony and Microsoft will offer a similar controller solution as well for more powerful consoles going forward. And I hope pc drivers are quick to follow. Now... the lack of d-pad will be the last remaining downside.

They call me Gringo

I haven't been to big into gaming much anymore but I'm actually excited about the switch. I may actually preorder and get the deluxe bundle when it releases.

Quote Originally Posted by arbormatt View Post
    My wife bought me some new flyless under armour boxer briefs. The heat lately is making me feel like I am slow roasting my balls. Rayon or whatever the fuck fabric it is has no wicking property and keeps my nuts in a constant state of a pressure cooker.

Schlonginator II: Judgment Dong

I don't know that I'd say I'm hyped, but I'm looking forward to messing around with it.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

I'm right there with Gohan on this. I never was truly hyped, but I really have been curious about it once I found out it was a handheld that docks for higher level output (1080p) on a TV. When I learned it was the Tegra shield console core with some customization improvements that got me even more curious so when most preorders had been ordered out I found Best Buy had a few still and threw my card down on it there. I'm looking forward to see how well it handles and I'll grab Zelda, Bomberman and Binding of Isaac to find out. Shortly after Shin'en has some F-Zero clone coming, may snap that up or just wait for that hereos game that's only $20(physical) at the end of the month.

I never had Mario Kart8 on WiiU either as I dumped it about the time it came out so that would be new ground.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

King's Dry Cleaner

I'm holding out for the more "traditional" style games to be announced, both handheld style and console.

I'm kinda psyched about SF2ultra, although it sucks that it's exclusive, rather a waste on a gimmick console, wish it was gonna be released on all current consoles.

Bunker Buster

The reveals and the controller pricing made me balk at reserving one for launch. I can grab Zelda on Wii U. I will be waiting for that Splatoon 2 goodness before I jump in.

schnuth is one
    DUMBASS username.

Nintendo Switch

The TV ads make it look like a wonderful Millennial friend machine. As a grumpy middle aged manchild with no friends, I have no need of this device.

That's how I'm starting to feel about it as well but an SF exclusive for it would prolly pull me in, it rather sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by schnuth View Post
    The TV ads make it look like a wonderful Millennial friend machine. As a grumpy middle aged manchild with no friends, I have no need of this device.
    As someone who primarily owns consoles for first and second party games (with very few Sega and Atlus exceptions), the fact that Nintendo development has finally been unified after 28 years is big for me. The portability also meshes well with PC and arcade games. Playing something even PS3 level (get that RE7 speculation out of here) while waiting for my daughter's soccer practice to end is compelling.

This is going to sound counter-intuitive, but I'm also excited about Zelda, because I'm not a Zelda fan. My favorite in the series is II. The fact that they really seem to be mixing up the formula may breath new life into it for me. I'm certainly not going to settle for an inferior version on the Wii U. I'm not at all happy about Hard Mode being locked behind a season pass though.

Chang's Grocer

Quote Originally Posted by schnuth View Post
    One is bound to disconnect the PR from the the everyday life console we'll get in the end, because the latter has immense potential for niche games, even old style ones in 2D. How many times I wished to have handheld-variety type of games, being ready to play big time on my plasma without compromises.

The Switch could initiate a breakthrough here, plus it's Japanese, which, together with the HD-vibration, opens the door for the most derange concepts commercial video game history has yet to record. My only apprehension concerns controls -- they just have to be better than those 3DS offers.

Camel Slug

One of the things I love about the Nintendo brand is how fun the games can be. I like the ps4 I am currently playing FF14, Madden 17, BF1 and a few others. I put in about 4 hours a day of gaming retro and or new. However Mario kart is fun FF14 looks great but its long boring and the story appeals to a 14 year old more than to me. Nintendo just puts the fun factor in gaming and I love it and if anyone can direct me to a legitimate preorder I would be most appreciative as my wife and I want one, day one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesagwa View Post
    If a middle aged woman shitting on a glass coffee table shocks you, let me welcome you to the internet as you must be new here.

OldSkool4Life

While I like that it is getting a SF game, the first person mode just looks...awful. Not sure what Nintendo or Capcom were thinking about this mode.

Sakura's Bank Manager

There were a couple cool trailers released today that are getting me excited to play:

Pocket Rumble - NGPC SNK fighter inspired! Always loved that style of sprite art:

Blaster Master Zero - OMG OMG OMG

If Nintendo keeps releasing titles like these, I'd have a perma-stiffy for this console.

Thread Information