Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Switch

Nintendo Switch

This is exactly what I wanted out of the hardware, so I am pretty excited.

edit: NoA video is finally up.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 10-20-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    This is kinda what I was hoping the Game Boy would be when it launched.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me

Chang's Grocer

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    This is kinda what I was hoping the Game Boy would be when it launched.
    You were a true visionary.

NEST Puppet

As a long time Nintendo fan I'm beyond hyped!

Nvidia also confirmed the Tegra rumors.

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Amazon placeholder listing:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LTHP2ZK

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy

Looks good to me. I will probably be preodering, assuming the price is reasonable.
    Last edited by MattBlah; 10-20-2016 at 11:54 AM.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

I didnt post much on this here but I knew of this design for a bit now as my brother is a producer at one of the third party licenses listed as in on this device but I did over at racketboy as this has been discussed for awhile there. This is the first time Nintendo has had if they actually honestly support it, third parties of such quality since basically the SNES era and a bit of the GC. You have a good list of deserters, haters like Epic which is a shock, and a lot of mobile developers too. If you see a spread like that it plays into the stories of NintendOS being like Android, easy to port and develop for at a minimal cost so it makes sense developers would return to Nintendo for another cash source. In a way its like the NeoGeoX but doesnt suck, you have a HDMI dockable multiplayer handheld device except legally on the level with Nintendo stamped to it and a good list of developer support.

Smart name smarter placing NINTENDO back into it, remoing the stench of the Wii/U entirely trying to start oer with their one working line of business -- handheld, but invading with a home dock is smart. With NDA in place it is nice to see Nidia step up with Tegra, it gives a power idea of 2 sorts...Tegra like on nvidia shield console now or the 2nd Gen Tegra which is faster, cooler, cheaper and them not being clear makes me think that which means it is no push over.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/
    Looking for the above stuff, Neo-Geo MVS, Dreamcast, and Gameboy(any) too.

Amano's Drinking Buddy

I was not hyped about this until the trailer. The potential is incredible.
    "I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul."
    3DS Friend code: 4811-7358-8350

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyMyEgo View Post
    ggallegos1 Is a cock sucking faggot. That is all.

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Nvidia also confirmed the Tegra rumors.
    Wow that Nvidia article is very promising. Console looks good and with this kinda support it will be amazing.

赤裸裸的汽車人

That logo reminds me of thing else. I can't place it right now.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

https://www.vg247.com/2016/10/20/nin...a-2k-and-more/

Try that huge list of developers making games, quite a few who have not touched a Nintendo console since the Gamecube era with an honest effort and in some cases any effort really. Then you hae a lot of mobile developers too, and PC ones like Epic who until now have been verbally hateful towards the company.

Rewatch the video Skyrim and a basketball game from EA are in the clips among the Nintendo made stuff too.

The system comes with an optional pro controller if your prissy hands cant handle what looks to be a pretty comfortable device as it lacks the bulk of the U pad. You can detach the sides and put a plastic wedge between them making it more gamepad sized too. You hae choices.
    Games, Manga, Transformers (G1), Japanese Robots, and more... http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

赤裸裸的汽車人

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Try that huge list of developers making games
    Not all developers anyways. The bottom 2 rows are development tool companies.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

Ninja Combat Warrior

seriously - to me this looks like a boring piece of crap. nintendo should focus on making innovative games (again) instead of making unattractive and underpowered consoles...

Super Spy Agent

Seems cool, but my Wii U is already grossly neglected. I'll wait till the holiday season price drop before biting.

NAM-75 Vet

Looks to be a great system! I hope it will have the 2nd generation Tegra chip. Nvidia needs to show off in consoles too.

NEST Puppet

I'm relieved that there will be a "Pro" controller option at launch.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

Quote Originally Posted by elGRIZZbo View Post
    I'm relieved that there will be a "Pro" controller option at launch.
    The system itself kind of IS a pro controller. If you dock it or stand it up they supply this block of plastic as a holder and spacer between the left and right parts making it into a controller away from the screen. The added stand alone pro controller is kind of just an added pay perk or forthose who want more than one controller.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    The system itself kind of IS a pro controller. If you dock it or stand it up they supply this block of plastic as a holder and spacer between the left and right parts making it into a controller away from the screen. The added stand alone pro controller is kind of just an added pay perk or forthose who want more than one controller.
    All true, but only the Pro Controller has a d-pad.

NEST Puppet

The Nintendo Switch's "Pro" controller looks like an Xbox 360/One knockoff.

I can't wait to play the new Mario Kart with it. ;D

Bashful Neophyte

At least they are doing better in the marketing department this time.

I'm waiting for specs + demo in person

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

I'm confused lol. So does this play 3ds or Wii U games or neither? I don't get what people are so hyped about. It's a Wii U tablet that you could take where ever. Doesn't look that portable either.

Crawley's Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by RAZO View Post
    I'm confused lol. So does this play 3ds or Wii U games or neither? I don't get what people are so hyped about. It's a Wii U tablet that you could take where ever. Doesn't look that portable either.
    Nope, just plays its own Nintendo Switch games. Yeah, they basically put Wii U level hardware (personally, I think it will less powerful than Wii U - it will use shittier textures, lighting, etc. for the sake of running at 1080p 30-60fps) right into the tablet. And I agree; it doesn't look portable. I'm not hyped, but I think it's good for Nintendo to accept the fact that they're never going to be #1 and will always be a secondary gaming device these days. I think they're playing to that strength. But some of the features are just stupid.

Formerly Raz_Hoe.

Quote Originally Posted by fakeXsound View Post
    Nope, just plays its own Nintendo Switch games. Yeah, they basically put Wii U level hardware (personally, I think it will less powerful than Wii U - it will use shittier textures, lighting, etc. for the sake of running at 1080p 30-60fps) right into the tablet. And I agree; it doesn't look portable. I'm not hyped, but I think it's good for Nintendo to accept the fact that they're never going to be #1 and will always be a secondary gaming device these days. I think they're playing to that strength. But some of the features are just stupid.
    Yea bro. Judging by the first Video which looked like some Zelda game with Wii, not Wii U graphics I can't get all that crazy over this.
    Only plus Is it looks like you could take it every where unlike my Wii U tablet controller that I can't leave my room with it or else It will lose signal. I kind think the tablet controller is pretty cool but kind of shitty that it has such a short range. I guess that's why they came up with the switch.

Ghost Of Captain Kidd

I'll put this much and you can mock it or take it serious. I have family who works for one of the publishers on that list for the NX. I knew how this would work prior other than the detached controllers with the spacer or held wii style on this. The guts on this are ARM and Tegra not shitty IBM PPC and ATI for a 4th time over.

This is NO Wii or Wii U, it was not born of the Gamecube. The imagery in the ad is false and not false in so much its thrown on there and really just to show off what the hardware concept is about for now. It is NOT weaker than the WiiU. What you have here is basically an nvidia shield tablet micro console but better, potentially to the level of the tegra2 chipset to arrive shortly. One should assume on its best or better days to do what the ps4 and one can do now, not what their moderate hardware upgrades are getting shortly so it will be weaker and non 4k on arrival, but it is no steaming pile either. Due to the ease of portability from android etc, cheaper format, cheaper and easy design efforts and porting costs, it will see much support from those who wouldnt touch the Wii and WiiU.

Notice no kids in the ad? Theyre finally being serious and targetting teens,20s and 30s aged people instead. This ad was about setting the tone, adults, mature design, utility for whateer your need being handheld or grounded.

Thread Information