Pre-Made dip switch for the 138 in 1 green MVS cartridge? Gauging interest.

rattboi

n00b
This looks great! I've been undecided on getting a 161 or a 138, seeing how I'm making my first consolized MVS. But I think I'm gonna go 138 w/ the dipswitch mod. Thanks for making these :)

nornor1

NEST Puppet
This looks great! I've been undecided on getting a 161 or a 138, seeing how I'm making my first consolized MVS. But I think I'm gonna go 138 w/ the dipswitch mod. Thanks for making these :)

no problem. I like the 138 in 1 better myself.

I have about 21 left in stock.

I was actually about to order a JST connector and do this myself, but a factory made PCB is definitely cleaner! good job!

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot

Good job on creating and selling these btw =D It really helps people be able to easily play some of the rare games. Makes me wonder why they never revised the 138 in 1 to work the same way as the 161 in 1. But I guess its a mute point now since the Neo SD is here, granted its more expensive, but it's nice to have products like this DIP switch adapter to allow easy access to those games, to try before you buy originals or a Neo SD etc. I still use my 138 in 1 with your adapter from time to time =D

nornor1

NEST Puppet
Still can't PM, any other way to contact you nornor1?

In the shadows, Login to neo-geo.com Fourms, Spin around 5 times, cut your hand and spell the work "Rot" in the dirt, then and only then Will I emerge from the darkness, and send you an invoice for a dipswitch.

Just kidding, sent you an email. thanks for the interest.

nornor1

NEST Puppet
Good job on creating and selling these btw =D It really helps people be able to easily play some of the rare games. Makes me wonder why they never revised the 138 in 1 to work the same way as the 161 in 1. But I guess its a mute point now since the Neo SD is here, granted its more expensive, but it's nice to have products like this DIP switch adapter to allow easy access to those games, to try before you buy originals or a Neo SD etc. I still use my 138 in 1 with your adapter from time to time =D

Thanks GadgetUK! that means a lot coming from you.

gallo

n00b
I'd like to make an extension to go along with my 138-1 and nornor1's mod. If someone could tell me what size of JST connectors I need I would be very thankful.

Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
Hmm. At first I tried Nightmare in the dark, which was fine. Then Twinkle Star sprites, also fine... Last night at a New years eve party I decided to try and load up Garou: mark of the wolves... and it came up The king of Fighters 2004 SE plus. :(

After trying a few more games It's clear that dipswitch 4 is stuck on off. Hopefully it's just a busted dipswitch (I have a bunch of spares from other projects) and simply replacing it is fine... (running continuity checks I think it *should* be the case) If it's something else... it's going to be a pain in the ass... may have to redo it from scratch but it won't be as small and neat as the one I got from nornor1

Damn it. the legs are too close together an I couldn't remove enough solder with my desoldering pump, melted the housing on the connector too. I would prefer to have this by the 5th @ washington DC for an event i'm going to... I don't want to pack a menu-card on the bus trip there and back...

Queenfan

n00b
Hello @nornor1 I could use 2 of these. How do I order from you.?
Great work. This makes working with a consolized MVS much more possible with the 138in1.
are you also on AA? that's where i've spent most of my time.

nornor1

NEST Puppet
Sorry for the late replies.

8bitForLife sent you a PM,

Queenfan sent you an email.

Suvrman, send me your email address. I cant PM you or email you from here yet it seems.

suverman

n00b
My PM is disabled, maybe because I am a new member.

Please could you mail me on pachidodo@gmail? Thanks.