Page 56 of 127 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3161

Thread: MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Rugal's Thug

Here you have in exclusive premiere a short footage showing how impressive the Neo-Geo, the NeoSD and homebrew developers are:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3W1319DyxQ&t=2s

Enjoy!

Neo Bubble Buster

Just placed my order!!! Thank you NEOSD for this awesome product and everyone else for the very informative thread. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Cheng's Errand Boy

Quote Originally Posted by BlackaneseNiNjA View Post
    Whats up nio. This actually does exist, but the books are comepletely in japanese. There are two books that contain the content you described exactly. One details all the games and their plots from the early aes releases and the other book details information from the first waves of neo geo cd releases. The other neo geo books tend to focus on only the fighting genre games, but they may also have what you are looking for. Check out the following books:

Neo Geo no Subete
    Neo Geo CD Perfect guide (also try "Neo Geo CD kanzen guide")
    All About SNK
    cool thanks, i want zhat in english :-)

Is it possible to register the serial number on the site yet? I am getting:

Serial not found
    This product serial number is not found in the system.

NEST Puppet

nice that street fighter

Hello,

Still not, we will enable it when we have the first update ready.
    First update will come with fast loading, bugfixes and more functions such as dissable sram backuping and other things we are working at.

There is still no release date, cause we just want to release a big update with everything validated, instead of multi small updates.

Thnaks

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
    Is it possible to register the serial number on the site yet? I am getting:

Serial not found
    This product serial number is not found in the system.
    Will i get 0 secconds loading times if i make a cluster of the entire size of the microsd ?

NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member

Cheng's Errand Boy

Please make the update process as easy as possible. Just store the serial somewhere. I just want to download something but it on the sd card and go! I dont want to soldire wires, i dont want to register on 5 different sites and pray for the power to stay on.

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by nio View Post
    Please make the update process as easy as possible. Just store the serial somewhere. I just want to download something but it on the sd card and go! I dont want to soldire wires, i dont want to register on 5 different sites and pray for the power to stay on.
    ?

The update process is easy. Just download the update for your neosd serial from the homepage, place it in your sd and boot to the neosd menu in your mvs. A popup will appear notifying about the new update in the sd. Just press A to start updating and after about 20 seconds the process will finish and the mvs will reboot.

If you lose power during update, there are ways to rewrite the update without the menu.
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo MVS & AES Flash Cart - TEAM Member

Cheng's Errand Boy

Sounds fair, i am still nervous about it.

Crossed Swords Squire

I've made an update on my neosd, don't be nervous it's so easy

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

The updating is really very easy... I have done it many times already. As gadgetUK has mentioned also, you can update even if the UI is unusable for any reason.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Cheng's Errand Boy

On the cart/neosd/neogeo or do you have to cennect to some stm32 board thingy?

On the cart/neosd/neogeo or do you have to cennect to some stm32 board thingy?
    You simply copy the firmware file onto the SDcard, there is no need to use other hardware at all to upgrade.
    Last edited by Razoola; 12-10-2016 at 06:30 AM.
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Crossed Swords Squire

Maybe nio is talking about in case of something goes wrong , update without menu ?

....i assume the update is the same way in that situation ....
    Last edited by greatfunky; 12-10-2016 at 06:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greatfunky View Post
    Maybe nio is talking about in case of something goes wrong , update without menu ?

....i assume the update is the same way in that situation ....
    There is a seccond way to update from sd, in case the first one fails.

Thanks
    Will i get 0 secconds loading times if i make a cluster of the entire size of the microsd ?

NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member

Cheng's Errand Boy

Solid product! Very good.

NEST Puppet

Cant wait to get my hands on my NeoSD. Im in the USA. Any day now

still waiting.jpg

NEST Puppet

Peeps in the USA, check your MailBoxes!!!! Mine just came in. Im in Texas. Im still AT work AAAAARRRRGGHHHHH.

Angel's Love Slave

Mine arrived today. I had to sign for it.

Will test it out later tonight.

Dogg-Father

Woo State side bitches
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Calvin & Hobbes

AAAANNNDD... the US guys are starting to get the Neosd...

xROTx

PS. You realise guys... I'm just here for the lulz... don't you?

Rugal's Thug

Got mine this morning and did some quick tests with AES converters. Here the results...

Code:
    +--------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+
    |                    | Original BIOS                  | UniBIOS 3.1                    |
    +--------------------+-------------+------------------+-------------+------------------+
    |                    | NeoSD Menu  | Run Flashed Game | NeoSD Menu  | Run Flashed Game |
    +--------------------+-------------+------------------+-------------+------------------+
    | Daedalus Converter | Not Working | WORKS            | WORKS       | WORKS            |
    | Fusion Converter   | Not Working | WORKS            | Not Working | WORKS            |
    The only combination where I can flash games seems to be Daedalus + UniBIOS.

Looking forward to other test results.

First impression; solid piece of work. Big thanks to NeoSD for making us happy with the first Neo Geo flash card.

PS: Packaging has definitively room for improvement. My cardbox was in a really bad shape and the 2 PCBs looked liked a V. Fortunately, the connectors were not hurt. A bigger, sturdy box with enough packet wadding would be more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi41 View Post
    Got mine this morning and did some quick tests with AES converters. Here the results...

Code:
    +--------------------+--------------------------------+--------------------------------+
    |                    | Original BIOS                  | UniBIOS 3.1                    |
    |                    | NeoSD Menu  | Run Flashed Game | NeoSD Menu  | Run Flashed Game |
    | Daedalus Converter | Not Working | WORKS            | WORKS       | WORKS            |
    | Fusion Converter   | Not Working | WORKS            | Not Working | WORKS            |
    The only combination where I can flash games seems to be Daedalus + UniBIOS.

Looking forward to other test results.

First impression; solid piece of work. Big thanks to NeoSD for making us happy with the first Neo Geo flash card.

PS: Packaging has definitively room for improvement. My cardbox was in a really bad shape and the 2 PCBs looked liked a V. Fortunately, the connectors were not hurt. A bigger, sturdy box with enough packet wadding would be more appropriate.
    Try again with the stock bios + deadalus but make sure the NeoSD settings are set to bios first. You dont want it in MVS mode on an AES without unibios.

Rugal's Thug

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    Try again with the stock bios + deadalus but make sure the NeoSD settings are set to bios first. You dont want it in MVS mode on an AES without unibios.
    This seems to be the default.

These are my (untouched) settings...

System Mode = BIOS
    Region = BIOS
    Arcade Mode = NO
    Save/Restore Back RAM = YES

All of them are greyed out and can't be changed. Probably because UniBIOS has been detected. And with the stock BIOS, I don't get into the menu.

I could try to force to use AES.

Thread Information