Page 5 of 123 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

Thread: MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Angel's Love Slave

For those commenting about the GUI: Function over form. First you build the guts and make it work. Get the engine right. Only then do you worry about painting the body. I don't want a Ford Pinto. No matter how pretty you paint it.

So i'm happy to hear they're worried about getting it functioning right first.

Personally, I'll sit this one out. I'll save and buy one if the feedback from the forum is great. But the $ is too high for me to touch unless it's proven. Anyone remember how excited the forum was about NeoGeoX. Yeah. Take a deep breath guys. If it's all it's promised to be it'll be around for a while.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these?" -- Cave Johnson, CEO Aperture Science

-----Jamma-Nation-X MVS Price Guide ----- mjmjr25's Reference NEO-GEO Price Guide ----- NeoGeoKult Price Guides (Euro) -----

For the latest 3d printing and laser projects check Instagram: @Lions3D

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Cant wait to see reviews from some members. This product looks great.

Stupid Bitch.

I'm also in the camp that UI seems kind of irrelevant...

I want to play games, not look at a menu all day...

Bashful Neophyte

Cool! Can't wait to see feed back and order one as soon as possible. I'm really glad that some people works on that king of device for the Neo Geo. Good job !! :P

King's Dry Cleaner

Looking better and better as we go!
    Appreciate NEOSD coming by to address questions, and of course Raz helping with due diligence.

My 2 cents on the interface conversation: no contest on functionality coming first, besides one could always upgrade later and NEOSD certainly does appear to want to continue building and iterating upon this. With that said, Raz' work on Neo Geo Land goes far beyond (an admittedly gorgeous) front end. Truly impressive software with a thorough feature set previously unseen on the Neo. Could this multi-cart also handle a multi-slot simulation, as long as the games fit within the onboard flash? What a treat it would be to see this added down the road.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Let's let these guys do their thing in peace for now so to speak in relation to the UI. They have said the device is updateable so to me that says there is no rush for them to change the UI at this point so close to releasing something. Think about it, some change like that could push back the release date.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Hi

Based on Razoola´s questions, we have uploaded a video proving that once a game is flashed, it passes unibios crc checks, so for the neo geo it acts as an original game.

Any coments, improvments are welcome guys.

Big thanks for the feedback

EDIT :

Changed the video as rom was not copied properlly to sd card

remove-USB-safely.JPG

Thanks
    Last edited by neosd; 10-19-2016 at 07:47 AM.

Crazed MVS Addict

I think the UI is perfectly fine. Sure it doesn't look like a 90s cracktro and doesnt have a chiptune but i honestly couldn't care less. It's not everdrive-barebones either.

Calvin & Hobbes

It looks nice so far... Functional...

Approx 4 minute load for large megage game is ok...

xROTx

PS. The Raz bios is upto 3.3 btw

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

I'm gonna drop you a PM now about the NG bank, the main thing is the main ROM region passes, this is the one that would fail if your patching out protections.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Approx 4 minute load for large megage game is ok...
    OMG.

I'll stick with multicarts for now, then.

This is WAY too expensive to wait 4 minutes for a game to load.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me
    LOL.. Get rekt, lonely boy

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    OMG.

I'll stick with multicarts for now, then.

This is WAY too expensive to wait 4 minutes for a game to load.
    Hah... it's all ok Titties...

Tak sometimes waits 45 minutes for a C64 game to load... I base all my load times on the shit he uses...

He uses hardware that is older than Jesus...

xROTx

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Hah... it's all ok Titties...

Tak sometimes waits 45 minutes for a C64 game to load... I base all my load times on the shit he uses...

He uses hardware that is older than Jesus...

xROTx
    We had 2 disc drives for our C64. We weren't commoners that had cassette drives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me
    LOL.. Get rekt, lonely boy

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    We had 2 disc drives for our C64. We weren't commoners that had cassette drives.

COME ON... how can you not love the sound of a tape loading on the C64?

It's AWESOME!!!

xROTx

PS. Tries to find ring tone and use it in my iphone...

Shlong King

What is the expected life cycle for this type of flash memory?

100,000 or 1,000,000 or?
    Last edited by ckchan; 10-19-2016 at 07:40 AM.

The manufacturer states that the bigger flashes support 100000 erase cycles, thst means that you can switch games 100000 times before it wearing out.
    Supposing that you flash 10 games each day, you'll get a lifespan of 30 years. If you just play the same game over and over, it will last forever (flash-wise)

Also, we have updated the kof2003 unibios video, it was an usb copy fault !!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ckchan View Post
    What is the expected life cycle for this type of flash memory?

100,000 or 1,000,000 or?

Hi Neosd,

I have a few questions please

1. Does your store accept Paypal?
    2. Are these shipping already?
    3. Can I put the PCBs in a normal MVS case?
    4. Which country do you ship from?
    5. Is the PCB picky about the make of the SD Card?

Thanks!

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

so the load times i saw were slow on a lower end memory card, how much of an decrease in time will be expected on a nice card?
    This seems to be pretty cool option. I will have to read more about these, at work so cant read as much as i would like.
    ***CLICK HERE FOR FIGHTCADE TUTORIAL***

PSN: MountainDewFKR
    FIGHTCADE: MountaindewFKR

GAMER > COLLECTOR

Dodgeball Yakuza

Pretty cool! I wonder how competing flash carts will compare, but this is a solid start! I'll wait on it for now, but interested.

I will try to answer your questions :

No, we are a company and have a contract with largest spanish bank BBVA. We use theyr payment system, they process the whole payment, not us. So we dont store any credit card info at our servers, neither we have access to that information. We dont use paypal to avoid fees, this would increase the price of the device.

Still not, shipping will be in 3 weeks from yesterday, carts are on production right now, this not exactly a preorder cause the bach is being manufactured no matters how many units we sell, if we sell the first batch we will make more, else there will be only one batch out (the one that is being manufactured right now), same thing applies to plastic cases.

Yes, but you have to cut an small piece of plastic on one side of the case to allow sd card access from the outside of the case.

Spain

Its not, neither with the class of the SD card.

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo View Post
    Hi Neosd,

I have a few questions please

Thanks!

Awesome thanks =)

Mr. Tater

What is the deal with the flash process cycling back and forth between erasing and flashing? This is the first Everdrive-like flash device I've ever seen do that. Granted, I don't understand what is happening while it's occurring.

Also, the loading times sounded terrible, at first, but, after seeing it in action, it's actually pretty close to the Darksoft CPS2 thing...provided it's not something huge.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaThunder View Post
    Moments like this make me feel much better as it means I'm not the only person on this site actually playing my games...

I'm not placing them on a shelf for 4 months while I jack off to pedophilic dog hummels.

Southern Pounce.

Awesome updates for the Neo scene. I'll be getting one. Some more questions:

1) Will this work on a 2slot/4slot/6slot board?
    2) Will you be stocking the cart shells anytime soon? I can see they are out of stock. Would rather buy one from you with the SD cart slot ready instead of chopping one of mine.
    3) What's the process in order to save the highscore for each game? I.e. when I flash a new game to the cart is the previous one automatically backed up to the SD cart with the high score or am I missing something here?
    4) Do all games work without audio or any glitches at all?

Thanks.
    Last edited by DaytimeDreamer; 10-19-2016 at 10:43 AM.

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    What is the deal with the flash process cycling back and forth between erasing and flashing? This is the first Everdrive-like flash device I've ever seen do that. Granted, I don't understand what is happening while it's occurring.

Also, the loading times sounded terrible, at first, but, after seeing it in action, it's actually pretty close to the Darksoft CPS2 thing...provided it's not something huge.

Jon
    I have a super everdrive for my snes and it works exactly the same way but of course way simpler. It erases the flash chips and then flashes the new game onto the chips. Of course it does not take 4 minutes since snes games are much smaller but it's the same concept that they seem to be using.

I am very impressed by this device I am definitely interested in picking one up soon.

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

Jon
    Because it erases and flashes the memory banks separatelly. But I think we will have a better (and technical) explanation about it.

Thread Information