Page 3 of 123 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Hinako's Cook

Quote Originally Posted by -SD- View Post
    @neosd Any plans for an AES version please?
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by massimiliano View Post
    Hi, thanks a lot for already checking this, please let me know (I registered on your site my personal mail so please feel free to contact me there or in PM here!)

Awesome job and it is great having you guys here in this forum.
    Hi
    We have been an entire week doing tests with BBVA to get the payment system aproved and validated, they also ofrced us to put real products some days ago to validate what we were selling, but last minute things allways happens.

So, really sorry about that issue, we have called them but service time ends at 17:30 GTM+1 time, so we got forwared to tomorrow at 08:00 to check whats happening. Whats curious is that we got sales from UK for example, so its not a service problem at all. If you dont mind, send me a PM with your registered email and we will email you from store email address.

Thanks
    Last edited by neosd; 10-18-2016 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fenikso View Post
    This.
    We cant coment on future projects right now, all that we can say is that we have more things on the to do list that no one has done and we want to build.

Thanks !

Hinako's Cook

Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    We cant coment on future projects right now, all that we can say is that we have more things on the to do list that no one has done and we want to build.

Thanks !
    Fair enough. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    GUI is ugly. If it was made with more of a Neo theme like NGL then it would be an instant buy.
    We plan to improve it, it may be on shipping date of latter.

Anything can be improved, but if you ask me, i love how it works.

Its fast and you can see the complete list of games with a few clicks (right and left on player one stick move page up and page down).
    You notice that when you have more than 200 games in a list, its hard to decide what to load without see as much games as possible on the screen.

Thanks !

EDIT to say that we love NeoGeoLand, amazing piece of art !!
    Last edited by neosd; 10-18-2016 at 02:43 PM.

Tung's Hair Stylist

Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    GUI is ugly. If it was made with more of a Neo theme like NGL then it would be an instant buy.
    lol...most flash carts don't even have a gui this nice. I also highly doubt that the UI is so ingrained that it couldn't be improved upon in time

Edit: Bummer, cases are out of stock. I'll probably hold off, don't know if I trust myself to cleanly insert 2 boards joined by header pins without a case to provide even insertion. Would be an expensive mistake!
    Last edited by sparksterz; 10-18-2016 at 02:47 PM.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

Hello Again,

About Metal Slug X :

The fpga intercepts the read of specific addresses and returns a different opcode (nop) so it's bypassed. Because the cartridge can't know if it's a read or an opcode fetch, it will make the unibios crc fail, as it will see the modified opcodes as it scans the rom to compute the crc.

We dont patch anything on the rom neither on the flashes, neither on the rom itself.

Think that on a regular basis, we could deliver the flashcart bypassing the protection as it does right now and no one would care about while the game is playable, but our goal is to make a perfect solution to people that love the system as much as we do.

This is the main reason we have adopted this design, we want to have 100% the same function the real cartridge delivers.

Thanks !
    I can tell you, you have done it perfectly and the right way. This is exactly how I would have done it myself. Others would have (and have) taken the easy route with their devices and either patched data before its on the sdcard or patched while its written from SDcard to flash. Doing it the way you have is harder but it has many advantages that I do not want to go into publically (I guess you already know what they are).
    Last edited by Razoola; 10-18-2016 at 02:59 PM.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Quote Originally Posted by sparksterz View Post
    lol...most flash carts don't even have a gui this nice. I also highly doubt that the UI is so ingrained that it couldn't be improved upon in time

Edit: Bummer, cases are out of stock. I'll probably hold off, don't know if I trust myself to cleanly insert 2 boards joined by header pins without a case to provide even insertion. Would be an expensive mistake!
    Videos were uploaded last Sunday, but are quite old, there are things that already have been changed on the UI such as new logo designed by demoscene artist Alien^PDX

Neo_SD16colors.gif

Sakura's Bank Manager

Quote Originally Posted by sparksterz View Post
    Most flash carts don't cost $400+... i would expect a better looking UI for the cost of this thing, than what a 160-in-1 cart looks like.

Tung's Hair Stylist

Quote Originally Posted by opt2not View Post
    Most flash carts don't cost $400+... i would expect a better looking UI for the cost of this thing, than what a 160-in-1 cart looks like.
    That's fair, I always preferred function over UI. I know there are people who don't. At least unlike a 160-in-1 this ui can change over time.

What are the small pin connectors on the top of the board used for?

This is one hell of a suprise. Congrats to your team on what looks to be the first device released that can play every legit released game.

ネオジオ

Hi
    We have been an entire week doing tests with BBVA to get the payment system aproved and validated, they also ofrced us to put real products some days ago to validate what we were selling, but last minute things allways happens.

So, really sorry about that issue, we have called them but service time ends at 17:30 GTM+1 time, so we got forwared to tomorrow at 08:00 to check whats happening. Whats curious is that we got sales from UK for example, so its not a service problem at all. If you dont mind, send me a PM with your registered email and we will email you from store email address.

Thanks
    Thanks! PM sent
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

All i can say about that is : most of the flash carts are just a MCU or a FPGA that copies one file into a single flash chip. Not talking about the amount of time needed to develop something like NEOSD.

Thanks

Ninja Combat Warrior

...new logo designed by demoscene artist Alien^PDX

Neo_SD16colors.gif
    i fcking knew it!^^ a few hours ago i searched through old pdx, titan etc. productions to find the "nearly 1:1" version...

anyways...awesome news...THAN I WILL GET ONE! OR TWO!!1^^

KING of BLING
    [place bling here]

All i can say about that is : most of the flash carts are just a MCU or a FPGA that copies one file into a single flash chip. Not talking about the amount of time needed to develop something like NEOSD.

Thanks
    fair answer, I respect that. I just get annoyed when anything "Neo" related always has to have a high price tag because it's "Neo"...hopefully, the AES version isn't more because "it's AES".

Also, when will the cart shells be available for preorder?
    ROT IS DELETING PHOTOBUCKET LINKS!... SOON... he'll be changing usernames... xROTx

Quote Originally Posted by aku View Post
    i fcking knew it!^^ a few hours ago i searched through old pdx, titan etc. productions to find the "nearly 1:1" version...

anyways...awesome news...THAN I WILL GET ONE! OR TWO!!1^^
    We know Alien since 20 years ago or so, i know much people may preffer new style art, i understand that, but this logo give us so much love for old times .

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by pixeljunkie View Post
    fair answer, I respect that. I just get annoyed when anything "Neo" related always has to have a high price tag because it's "Neo"...hopefully, the AES version isn't more because "it's AES".

Also, when will the cart shells be available for preorder?
    Well, the price tag is linked with the amount of hours we have spent on the device, manufacturing costs, prototyping costs, company costs (remember, we are a company and we pay fees and taxes, you get invoice and one year waranty with your purchase).

I dont really want to talk about other flashcarts such as SNES or Mega Drive ones, even i have my opinion, it would not be fair neither prolly objetive.

Neo geo is not a mainstream system such as other systems (there are less people with systems), neither is an easy system to make a fast solution, we need to get our investment back to continue delivering more products.

So resuming : more work, more expensive to manufacture, less units to sell.

There is always more than one reason why no one has done this product before

At the end of the day this is all about : NEOSD is a product that has already been sent for manufacturing, people is going to have it, we may get or not get our investment back, if we get it, we will be able to do other projects, else we will have to keep coding other things not as fun as this one.

About the shells : We dont want to allow people purchase those now until we get the final ones, cause those are going to be black and dont want people complaining about cases being black and not white as the ones on the webshop (the ones on the webshop are printed with profesional laser printer, those are not production cases).
    About dates : cases should be here before December, thats what we have signed with the factory.

Thanks !
    Last edited by neosd; 10-18-2016 at 03:37 PM.

We know Alien since 20 years ago or so, i know much people may preffer new style art, i understand that, but this logo give us so much love for old times .

Thanks !
    I think its great. I loved the old warez/demo scene logos back in the day. Even better if you add an option for some music in the same style as well.
    Last edited by Fygee; 10-18-2016 at 03:38 PM.

Bloodhound

looks really good, interested in picking one up

Ninja Combat Warrior

Thanks !
    preorder worked from germany - thanks & glws

ネオジオ

About the shells, any comment about the AES-style for an MVS cart?

I guess an MVS-style cart and horizontal label space would have been consistent!

(..btw, for "purists" would the pcb fit in a stock MVS shell?)

thanks!
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

Kuroko's Training Dummy

Looking forward to this. Great alternative to multicarts. Will be much easier to take to friends houses when we do game night instead of just picking out a few titles to bring. Keep up the good work!!

JammaNationX

Exactly. It looks to function well but Neo is all about presentation. We all want something that looks VERY polished. If UI can be changed easily then they need to address it if everything else works 100%. The UI screams NCI to me. Also if there was any way to add "scanlines" it might be a good feature to have, overlay maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by massimiliano View Post
    About the shells, any comment about the AES-style for an MVS cart?

I guess an MVS-style cart and horizontal label space would have been consistent!

(..btw, for "purists" would the pcb fit in a stock MVS shell?)

thanks!
    Yes, it fits on original MVS cart case, it hooks strong also, enven the pcbs are not full size (like the original ones). You will need to make an small cut on the side of the cartridge to allow microsd access from the outside.

Also everying is built in Europe with European quality standarts.

Thread Information