MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Forgive me for my ignorance, but why are we worried about the MVS version working on AES via 3rd party converters? Especially when there is an AES version...

I sorta tend to agree with you... but I can also see that a lot of people brought this in the hope it would work with their AES setups as there was no AES version announced at the time...

If you can solve it via firmware updates... why not I say...

I know what you're saying Niko... but hell... if they can fix it as a team.. it just makes the device more attractive...

xROTx

PS... Don't forget... you can't play the AES version in an MVS setup... so it tends to make sense for people with both AES and MVS setups to use just one of the devices..

neodev

Neosd Tech
I sorta tend to agree with you... but I can also see that a lot of people brought this in the hope it would work with their AES setups as there was no AES version announced at the time...

If you can solve it via firmware updates... why not I say...

I know what you're saying Niko... but hell... if they can fix it as a team.. it just makes the device more attractive...

xROTx

PS... Don't forget... you can't play the AES version in an MVS setup... so it tends to make sense for people with both AES and MVS setups to use just one of the devices..

Well, they are not officially supported, but we want to be sure that the next firmware update doesn't break the compatibility with the ones that are already working. So with the new firmware, some other converters may work or may not, but the ones that were working with the stock one, should be kept working.

It seems like some of the converters don't properly pass all the cartridge lines that NeoSD requires from the AES connecto to the MVS one, (they might not be passed at all, or are wired in a wrong order), and that might be the cause that NeoSD only works with some converters, and that's something that can't be fixed with a firmware update.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
The unibios I understand, but what's this about having to mod the AES for better video quality? I thought it did RGB natively if I use a euro scart cable. In any case, I ended up buying an Omega earlier today. I'm sure it's well worth my money. Just have to settle on what controller I need. What's everyone's opinion on the best controller for someone who just bought a neo geo? The CD controller looks comfortable, but I hear it breaks easy & the button layout doesn't look ideal. This is probably the one thing I'm going to have the most trouble with. Even the kidney bean controllers are looking pricey these days.

Some later versions of the AES have a design problem where the RGB signal does not look as good. Solution (IIRC) is simply cutting three traces and it's done. Regarding the controller, I have Hori Neo II Fighting Sticks and love them, however I also have a kidney stick, modded with Xian Xi's octogonal gate and it works very well. The buttons on the kidney are not arcade buttons, so the feeling may be different.

Regards.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Neosd guys, are you still on track for shipping the AES cartridges on Jan14th?

Hello,

Unfortunally not 14th.

The shipping status as today is pending on the info at the shells meeting we have next friday.

Yesterday we got the MVS batch produced (we will pick it next friday but its produced)

Next week we will have the AES batch produced (the MVS production delay caused an AES delay of about 1 week).

So our plan is to ship both AES and MVS with shells and once we have shipped all those, we will ship shells for the first MVS batch.

Until friday we will not have more info about the shells, once we know more we will let you all know.

Thanks

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
Are there still issues when ordering in the U.S.? I don't want to make an order & then find out my bank froze my credit card. There's no way to use paypal to checkout right?

Some later versions of the AES have a design problem where the RGB signal does not look as good. Solution (IIRC) is simply cutting three traces and it's done. Regarding the controller, I have Hori Neo II Fighting Sticks and love them, however I also have a kidney stick, modded with Xian Xi's octogonal gate and it works very well. The buttons on the kidney are not arcade buttons, so the feeling may be different.

Regards.

Any experience with those tototek PS2/PS1 controller adapters?

Last edited:

yoshi41

Crazed MVS Addict
Hello,

We just got an email from a customer telling us that it works on the blue phantom-1 converter

hi,
the blue phantom-1 converter works without Problems with the aes. i have stock firmwares. please write this to neogeo Forum,thanks. i want Register in the Forum.

best regards,

Thanks

yoshi41 said:
Ok, this time AES with stock BIOS + Daedalus converter.

And I have good news. The menu works now without holding Start. Just the same as with Unibios.

Thanks!

Thanks

Just FYI. Did another test with the Fusion converter on AES with stock BIOS and Unibios.

Result is the same as before. Flashed game works but the NeoSD menu doesn't work.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
What's the current projected eta on the wide release of the firmware update? Thanks.

TotalMoop

New Challenger
Hello,

Unfortunally not 14th.

The shipping status as today is pending on the info at the shells meeting we have next friday.

Yesterday we got the MVS batch produced (we will pick it next friday but its produced)

Next week we will have the AES batch produced (the MVS production delay caused an AES delay of about 1 week).

So our plan is to ship both AES and MVS with shells and once we have shipped all those, we will ship shells for the first MVS batch.

Until friday we will not have more info about the shells, once we know more we will let you all know.

Thanks

Thanks for the Update!

neosd

Neosd Developer
What's the current projected eta on the wide release of the firmware update? Thanks.

Hello,

We did some changes today and sent those to Sceptre_JLRB, he was the only one that found a minor bug since two weeks ago.
We are waiting for his feedback, this update is almost ready. If you cant wait, just send us an email and we will send you it :)

Thanks

Thanks for the Update!

Thanks to all of you for the patience.

Everyone that worked on manufacturing something and had to deal with factories know how this works.
The good thing is that we have the pcb side pretty much shorted, we are just waiting for the shells factory to finish the work and start producing.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
did test today the neo magic converter again with new firmware,same result.

Converters :

Well, they are not officially supported, but we want to be sure that the next firmware update doesn't break the compatibility with the ones that are already working. So with the new firmware, some other converters may work or may not, but the ones that were working with the stock one, should be kept working.

It seems like some of the converters don't properly pass all the cartridge lines that NeoSD requires from the AES connecto to the MVS one, (they might not be passed at all, or are wired in a wrong order), and that might be the cause that NeoSD only works with some converters, and that's something that can't be fixed with a firmware update.

mr_flaps

War Room Troll
Fingers crossed there's no more delays to the AES carts. Will I be getting a tracking number once it's sent ?

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hello

Fingers crossed there's no more delays to the AES carts. Will I be getting a tracking number once it's sent ?

Every shipment gets a tracking number.

Any idea about when we can upgrade our shipping option to UPS for faster delivery?

We are waiting for the shells to enable it, we wont offer that until we have a shipping date.

Patience :(

Thanks

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Good on you guys NeoSD. Your customer service is second to none, and that alone makes me want to buy one.

Well done guys. Now to convince the wife... (HA!:crying:)

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

In another 15 years.... I can give you this:

15yrRainbowtag_zpsqlxv96cz.gif

YUP... it's slightly gay...

xROTx