MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
The 1.06 firmware will correct the wrong decrypted values for ss5 and ss5sp as they can be guessed with each other. For other games using the neopcm2, I have yet to find some time to sniff the V bus in my kof2k cart that I bought just to try to find this issue. (A ss5 or ss5sp would have been better but they are crazy expensive)

As I tell my son...sometimes the answer is just a question away. If you need something just ask.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
tf happened w darksof's flashcart

is this still on the table??

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
NeoSD is actually not safe to use it.

Everything seemed to work well with three games, but after trying launching Samurai Shodown II console constantly reboot.
I can't use A+D+START because when I press one button AES reboot again.

How is possible to full reset the cartridge, cleaning/remove game flashed if the menu is inaccessible please ?
I use unmodified AES. All cartridge work OK and 161-in-1 AES too.
How fix this software/hardware cartridge issue ?

Thanks.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Could be a bad Rom you used. I think if you hold down the start button before power up, it should take you to the menu.

nono2lozere

Quiz Detective
NeoSD is actually not safe to use it.

Everything seemed to work well with three games, but after trying launching Samurai Shodown II console constantly reboot.
I can't use A+D+START because when I press one button AES reboot again.

How is possible to full reset the cartridge, cleaning/remove game flashed if the menu is inaccessible please ?
I use unmodified AES. All cartridge work OK and 161-in-1 AES too.
How fix this software/hardware cartridge issue ?

Thanks.

Look here:
Put the sd on your PC and check if there is a file named lastgame.cfg if so, delete it. If it doesnt work, create a file named reset.cfg with any content, and putnthe sd back on your neosd
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?270109-NEOSD-AES-Support-thread-!&p=4232542#post4232542

Avant de pleurer et dire des conneries on cherche!

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Put the sd on your PC and check if there is a file named lastgame.cfg if so, delete it. If it doesnt work, create a file named reset.cfg with any content, and putnthe sd back on your neosd
Thanks for the tips, creating empty reset.cfg file as saved my day.
Please add to the official FAQ instead into one forum :lolz:

Could be a bad Rom you used. I think if you hold down the start button before power up, it should take you to the menu.
No ROM issue, all come from actual last mame build (0189)
I have re-flash the game, without changing ROM and now game work. No one reboot anymore.
I will test latter pushing buttons before start AES.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
What I like about Ng.com... is we look after our own...

The Neosd team have proven they can deliver and treat people as well as they can... even the 'tards...

Alex and his team didn't need to field this last "issue" because the lads already knew... as the answer was posted here already...

IF ONLY THESE DUMB FLY BY N00BZ... read the fuckin' forum...

xROTx

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I think I asked about this before, but does anyone have a better sticker design for the NeoSD cart?

I'm not a fan of the one included with the shell. I actually like the label design that StoneAge Gamer is using.

pva

Mega Shock!!
I think I asked about this before, but does anyone have a better sticker design for the NeoSD cart?

I'm not a fan of the one included with the shell. I actually like the label design that StoneAge Gamer is using.

I was looking for custom labels, too, and found a bunch of them on the Creative subforum. While they don't resemble the SAC label (at all), some of them are quite decent-looking.

I'd be interested in finding a custom label for the Lions3 AES shell and/or the NeoSD logo in a vectorised format, so I could make one myself using the ready-made sticker template.

Tgames

War Room Troll
Can we convert .neo to standart neo geo games ?
It's to prepare using DarkSoft MVS flashcart.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

I am currently baby sitting the grand kiddy... and that's the only reason I aint logged in to deal with:

1. The PM.. to myself asking me how to convert romz for Darksoft...
2. The Fact you mentioned Darksofts project...
3. The Fact you openly posted twice now concerning the upcoming fubar that is this project...

...I will be on SOON to deal with this... please be patient...

neosd

Neosd Developer

Cleverest dude in France, buys something that the seller dosen´t even has a picture of.

Here is your conversion tool, you are going to need it soon for sure

aid4654223-v4-728px-Raise-a-Claim-in-PayPal-Step-29.jpg

I'm sitting with a package of popcorn waiting for the January drama

im-just-here-for-the-drama.jpg

Last edited:

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member

Is that piece of junk even out? You need to make a copy of you rom set then convert for neo sd. You always make a backup before doing anything.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Cleverest dude in France, buys something that the seller dosen´t even has a picture of.

Here is your conversion tool, you are going to need it soon for sure

aid4654223-v4-728px-Raise-a-Claim-in-PayPal-Step-29.jpg

I'm sitting with a package of popcorn waiting for the January drama

im-just-here-for-the-drama.jpg

Ha!

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
Hahahahaha,what a fool,asking to convert neo roms for darkcrap's flashcard.
We don't like that shit card.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Tgames... ONLY warning... Find the info somewhere else...

You get a free pass from me for this set of dumbness...

xROTx

Tgames

War Room Troll
Capture.PNG
I know why Darksoft wrote that now, some kids here.

I can have 2 cartridges from 2 creators without making a war.
You won't lose a sale because you help me to have a correct romset (you know i have already the NeoSD).
You have a funny way to handle a simple question for roms, just because you know i will use it on somethink you don't made.

Also i don't say anything about if it's better or not. So keep calm here.

Last edited:

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Come on though, you're here asking how to convert files to work on an unreleased product. Even putting aside the fact that this is an unreleased product from a group that's earned the animosity you're seeing here, how exactly do you propose this conversion be done? Do you have any idea what kind of file this unreleased product will require? How would we? Maybe wait for guidance from the people who are making this new thing?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
View attachment 47623

You won't lose a sale because you help me to have a correct romset (you know i have already the NeoSD).
You have a funny way to handle a simple question for roms, just because you know i will use it on somethink you don't made.

First off. You're not supposed to ask for roms on this forum anyway. Second off, why not go find the mame rom set yourself?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Tgames... ONLY warning... Find the info somewhere else...

You get a free pass from me for this set of dumbness...

xROTx

View attachment 47623

Find out all you can before Rot wakes up.:oh_no:

Nah, nah, nah, nah...nah, nah, nah, nah, hey, hey, hey...

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
View attachment 47623

You chose the wrong place to ask for that. DS is not well seen around here. Also, the files used by NeoSD may not be the best starting point for what you want, a clean MAME set is what you want as starting point, since both carts use different technologies.

Regards.

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
View attachment 47623

darksoft deletes every critic comment about his products on the forum. only all hail darksoft postings allowed. i got banned there for asking for final pictures without wires of his neo geo cart.
maybe thats the reason you dont see drama there