MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I just had a look in DS forum and it seems they are already playing the 'look at those loading times' compared to ours type game, I guess they currently fail to realise this device is a one time load during a game change and not at every power on like with their device. Even their own poll suggested users wanted the device the way this one works.

At the end of the day though it will probably come down to which one can play the original games and at the moment this one wins on that front given what DS said would be required with the protected games.

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
damn, the payment process ends in error... there is no PayPal option, just a Spanish credit card payment link..
~get my money~
Anyway, this is like an everdrive (which is cool), a multicart would theoretically be a step above, not needing to load into the flash the games.... Raz, I hope you would like to keep the great work coming!

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Sign me up for one. Maybe a second one in a year or so if you can run more than one in a multi slot. haha.

Loading time isn't great, but I am okay with that. Realistically, I wont be switching games back to back. Hoping there is a function to lock the game so you can't switch. But with the start plus a plus b, accidental reset should be unlikely.

Mikekim

n00b
just ordered one...
no shells in stock though, not a problem as i have a bootleg tophunter shell i can use.

12-14 days for delivery....

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
it clearly states it ships on 15th november so you have a few more days than that to wait.

lherre

New Challenger
I just had a look in DS forum and it seems they are already playing the 'look at those loading times' compared to ours type game, I guess they currently fail to realise this device is a one time load during a game change and not at every power on like with their device. Even their own poll suggested users wanted the device the way this one works.

At the end of the day though it will probably come down to which one can play the original games and at the moment this one wins on that front given what DS said would be required with the protected games.

Yes, when you flash one game it works like an original one. It loads this game instantaneous if you reset or turn-on the mvs. It is not erased from the memory until you flash a new game.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am awaiting a post from neosd... just to clarify the tech side and the product details...

HEY neosd... post soon...

xROTx

PS. neosd... I assume you've already browsed our website... and know whats what... hence, i would APPRECIATE.... a response...

Slugger

Marked Wolf
wow, this came out of nowhere. After all these years it´s finally here folks! I´m gonna wait impressions and see what else comes up. The load times and ui are kind of meh but definitely not a deal breaker for me.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
and just to be clear, I do not currently have any background information on this flashcart to be able to vouch for it 100%. I am simply going from the same videos you guys are seeing and the info posted on their website.

neosd

Neosd Developer
damn, the payment process ends in error... there is no PayPal option, just a Spanish credit card payment link..
~get my money~
Anyway, this is like an everdrive (which is cool), a multicart would theoretically be a step above, not needing to load into the flash the games.... Raz, I hope you would like to keep the great work coming!

Hi,

Sorry for the problem, we have contacted BBVA right now, we are waiting for a solution.

About load times : We have showed how the product is, we could have not showed load times until people gets the carts, but its more honest to show it since day one.

If you ask me, i can tell you that once you get the device, the experience is pretty good loading games, 4 minutes 17 secconds is what metal slug 5 pcb vesion takes to load if i dont remember it bad, thats 96,6 mbs game. You only have to flash it once, and the game will act as original game. if you have an unibios, you can use cheats cause unbios will recognize the flashed game as a legit game.

We will answer any question, but please, be patient, so many things at the same time now.

Gald you like the device guys, it has been a long road to develope such solution

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi,

Sorry for the problem, we have contacted BBVA right now, we are waiting for a solution.

About load times : We have showed how the product is, we could have not showed load times until people gets the carts, but its more honest to show it since day one.

If you ask me, i can tell you that once you get the device, the experience is pretty good loading games, 4 minutes 17 secconds is what metal slug 5 pcb vesion takes to load if i dont remember it bad, thats 96,6 mbs game. You only have to flash it once, and the game will act as original game. if you have an unibios, you can use cheats cause unbios will recognize the flashed game as a legit game.

We will answer any question, but please, be patient, so many things at the same time now.

Gald you like the device guys, it has been a long road to develope such solution

I have only ONE question... Have your tech guys been trying to join our site?

... I only ask because there have been a LOT of intrusive accounts trying to join when you did... No IP's and some TOR sites...

That's all I wanna know...

xROTx

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I guess I have a couple of questions more on the tech side of things...

Is it possible to write data to the SD card via a program running on the NeoGeo when the system is on?

In your last post you mention that the unibios will know the game. Is that only in relation to cheats of do you also mean that for example kof2003 running on the flashcart will pass the unibios game cart crc32 check?

neosd

Neosd Developer
I guess I have a couple of questions more on the tech side of things...

Is it possible to write data to the SD card via a program running on the NeoGeo when the system is on?

In your last post you mention that the unibios will know the game. Is that only in relation to cheats of do you also mean that for example kof2003 running on the flashcart will pass the unibios game cart crc32 check?

Hi Raz,

Will answer your pm asap sorry,

About SD writing : Yes right now we are storing last loaded game into a config file on the SD, we are also going to store on the SD backup ram and softp dips when you change game.
This is already done, and on testing, we havent anounced it because it still havent passed validation (try it on all games)

About CRC check on unibios : we havent tried to pass crc check on unibios to be honest, but we have tried unibios and cheats work fine, same as region and system type change, we will try it tonite and will open a blog entry about that. I
If you ask me, ALL games except metal slut x should pass unibios checksum test. Metal slug X protection as you know its not correctly emulated on any actual emulator, so on this game right now we are patching the game on fly on the fpgas, we have a metal slug x cartridge comming and we will properly emulate it in the next few days/weeks when it arrives.

The cartridge is totally updateable from SD card, so if we dont have time to properlly emulated it before we ship the cartridges, we will add it in the next updates. For the on tech guys : Metal slug X plays fine, but we want to make a perfect device so we will properly emulate it, despite final user will not noteice the difference.

Thanks !

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Is it possible to load 32gb of only pulstar roms on it?

(Asking for a panda)

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Wow! This is exactly what I wanted from day 1. A simple cart that will flash a single title and be 100% the same as the real deal.

Are you guys starting fresh with emulation, or basing off whats in mame? I ask because sound isnt perfect in mame when emulating the NEO-PCM2

Last edited:

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
the only multicart i am really interested in has raz´s ui - but pretty awesome job guys...

never quote this! i think the neosd will do the job until raz´s perfect product will appear...

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Thanks, I look forward to your PM.

About SD writing: This is what I wanted to know and you have answered the reason why I asked because as you rightly say, being able to write to the SD card from the neogeo opens up posibilities.

Providing you are correctly simulating the cart protections games should pass the unibios check unless you patch the game data in any way.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Thanks, I look forward to your PM.

About SD writing: This is what I wanted to know and you have answered the reason why I asked because as you rightly say, being able to write to the SD card from the neogeo opens up posibilities.

Providing you are correctly simulating the cart protections games should pass the unibios check unless you patch the game data in any way.

Thats the plan : we want that people to be able to store all backup ram data from each game into sd card, so when you load a different game, you dont loose your high scores or dip switch configurations if the bios decides to remove your game from backup ram.

This feature is not in the list, cause right now only the ARM part of this feature is coded and working, we are missing the actual reading of the backup data, its only a matter of time, we will anounce it and show it once its done.

Thanks

fluxcore

Another Striker
Sounds like a darned good feature set, good work neosd team, keep it up :)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Ok one more question in relation to what you said about MSX. You say your patching the game on fly with the fpgas. Does this mean its patching in real time at the point the game is written to flash memory (so the flash is patched), or while the game is playing on the NeoGeo? I guess I'm asking if your cart is intercepting all reads to the program ROM space (0x00000-0xFFFFF) and then returning different values (than that in flash) for some addresses only, to give different opcodes to circumvent the protection?

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hi,

Hi, thanks a lot for already checking this, please let me know (I registered on your site my personal mail so please feel free to contact me there or in PM here!)

Awesome job and it is great having you guys here in this forum.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Wow, this sounds amazing. I could care less about load times. Anything under 5 mins is fine. Just enough time to grab a drink and a snack when switching games.

I'm curious to hear how it works with multislots.

Can't wait to load it up with KOF hacks.

Last edited: