MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
you made the good choice neosd,i'm verry happy with my aes and mvs neosd.
you always have to deal with problems or people that are impatience.
but you delivered a perfekt product,congrats again for it,job done for the neo geo aes and mvs.
maybe in the future you want to make an sdbased solution for neo geo cd.

TotalMoop

New Challenger

I would really like an SD solution for the Neo Geo CD too... even if it cant improve the speed, it'd make life easier with these lasers slowly quitting.

Still very happy with the NeoSD.. It's getting a lot of use and I've had zero issues with it. Good work TerraOnion Team.

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
@neosd
Thank you so much for the update and for the free shell! Maybe in a couple of days I'll have it, as a sexy clothing for my NeoSD. :-)
You made the proper decision, don't even worry about that!

BTW, the new firmware is wondrously badass, everyone's gonna love it, for sure.

neosd

Neosd Developer
you made the good choice neosd,i'm verry happy with my aes and mvs neosd.
you always have to deal with problems or people that are impatience.
but you delivered a perfekt product,congrats again for it,job done for the neo geo aes and mvs.

I would really like an SD solution for the Neo Geo CD too... even if it cant improve the speed, it'd make life easier with these lasers slowly quitting.

Still very happy with the NeoSD.. It's getting a lot of use and I've had zero issues with it. Good work TerraOnion Team.

Thanks for the words, its an honor to read such coments about our work.

About Neo Geo CD :

We have to carefully choose the projects we work at. NEOSD keeps paying the bills since October, but eventually sales will slow down, maybe it will be in one year, or in two years, who knows ....
We have top people on our the team, and top people have high salaries. You know, if you pay with penauts, you have monkeys ...

We started our new project before NEOSD was released to the market, it has been one coder coding it since that, and still isnt ready.
Another coder spent the last 6 months polishing every single small detail on NEOSD firmware, and adding features.
We do serious stuff, not a pcb with a pile of flashes in a row with an arm to write those and a LCD screen to choose the game ... This is not what we would want for ourselves, neither for anyone else.

We need sales to maintain the team, if we do something like Neo Geo CD, and ends being one year development product, with 2 coders and pcb design, prototyping and so, we have to sell a pile of units at a medium price, or less units at high price, or we die ....

If you ask me, i would fix all this LCD mess out there and would make proper devices for every system. Inside myself, this is part of my own roadmap, but again, sales will decide future projects and how many resources we can pay.

We hope our new device will be ready this year. This will make 1,5 years to develop it, i tell you guys this is some impressive thingle.
So lets just be patient (again), good things need a good amount of time, we will first make things that require real skills and not monkeys, and when all those are ready, we will start fixing others mess.

@neosd
Thank you so much for the update and for the free shell! Maybe in a couple of days I'll have it, as a sexy clothing for my NeoSD. :-)
You made the proper decision, don't even worry about that!

BTW, the new firmware is wondrously badass, everyone's gonna love it, for sure.

Thanks, not only for all the versions you have tried for the last months, but also for not ask to get your free shell shipped before anyone else, i would love to have shipped yours in advance, but i thought the right thing is to treat everyone the same way, the ones that colaborate with us and the ones that don´t.

I have only good words for everyone on the neo geo scene we meet, on the last months.

My infinite gratitude guys, you made NEOSD possible, we just take the risk to fund it in the first place, nothing else.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I like forward thinking people...

The Neosd Flashcart is good... I'm pretty impressed.... I'll wait for the next project... I should be here to see how it develops....

HOWEVER, Neosd and their company dont need much hand holding from me now... time for me to take a back seat...

xROTx

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Hello,

Sorry about not answering before, last weeks have been crazy.

I just want to let you know guys that (ofcourse) we have honored our promise, we have shipped EVERY free shell by Correos (its egistered mail, so you will have to sign to pick it)

I want to apologize for not bein able to do it before.
When we started NEOSD project, we knew boards manufacturing was going to be hard. You always get a failure rate while manufacturing, you may find an issue you canエt fix by software and have to ask customers for a recall, or even worst, ask your customers to solder wires on your product. To avoid that we spent 3 months trying the final board layout on a lot of boards.
We were really happy thinking nothing would ruin the factoring process/user experience, we never thought something like those stupid plastics pieces would have any science.

So for the last months, i traveled a lot of times to shells factory, to improve the final pieces. Free shells put us in a hard situation cause we didnエt want to pay more than what we agreeded with the facgtory (this was already A LOT of money), and they werenエt happy doing changes on the mold. You guys canエt imagine how many times the owner of the factory told me "my workers wont touch your mold anymore". I just had to eat that shit and not argue with him, i just wanted a good job, just what we payed a pile of money for.
For some reason the owner of the factory thought he could do a low quality job and charge us an insane pile of money for that ...

So with this situation was :

Every time they put the mold on the machines, only 20% of the produced pieces were ok, the rest had issues. So what we did was take those good pieces and put it on new orders. We never had enough shells to even ship 50% of the free shells at once. They were doing changes on the mold, producing shells, doing changes on the mold, producing shells ....

With this situation, we had two choices :
a) pay the final part of the mold (this was the main reason why they ended fixing the mold, but not the only one ...) and get shells for everyone
b) insist to the factory to fix imperfections and give us a good mold, then pay the lst part of the mold and build a large shells batch.

It was a hard decision, cause people keept sending emails about the free shells, and this ends generating a hard situation not only on us, but on you guys, aswel.
On the other hand, we had StoneAge gamer waiting for an order, we had not enough shells to process theyr order aswel. Now shells situation is solved, we have sent theyr order and they have NEOSD in stock in USA.

Well, we took the decision to have a good mold, it took a lot of time and effor, but we did it.
You guys had to wait far much more than we expected/wanted.
We had to deal with that.
All i can say is : sorry, we have learnt the lesson and we will do our best to not have to deal with this anymore for future projects.

Our main goal has always been to have everyone happy, and make money while doing that, to be able to develop other things we as gamers, want to own.

On the other way, 10.6 firmware is ready, we dindエt wanted to release it until the free shells were shipped, for but this is not the only reason, we were waiting (and we still are), for someone to release it (for a good reason). Just give us a bit more of time before release it please, it may be next week, or in 2 weeks. We want do this the good way :)

Alex,

Thanks for the hard work guys. One question though: I have not seen a list of improvements that the 10.6 firmware brings. Is there such a list yet somewhere? are there any new features or is it just compatibility fixes?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Thanks for the hard work guys. One question though: I have not seen a list of improvements that the 10.6 firmware brings. Is there such a list yet somewhere? are there any new features or is it just compatibility fixes?

I think GadgetUk did a small review on youtube.

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Thanks, not only for all the versions you have tried for the last months, but also for not ask to get your free shell shipped before anyone else, i would love to have shipped yours in advance, but i thought the right thing is to treat everyone the same way, the ones that colaborate with us and the ones that don´t..

No problem! As you know, I agreed with that from the moment free shells were announced. That's fair and the way it has to be! :-)
Of course, I'm very pleased to have been given the opportunity to collaborate in beta-testing new NeoSD firmware versions! Thank you very much!

I myself did a review on this very same thread a couple of months ago, detailing the new features of this firmware:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-AVAILABLE!!&p=4195888&viewfull=1#post4195888

Addendum:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-AVAILABLE!!&p=4196857&viewfull=1#post4196857

Add to this the fact that now savefiles are not named after game ID, but after .neo filename, in order to avoid problems with games sharing the same ID or clones, hacks, etc. However, the 'involuntary' The Super Spy title screen fix on UniBIOS 3.2 is gone in the final version, since it was a side-effect from an already solved synchronization issue.

BTW, there is no compatibility fixes, since Neo-Geo library compatibility already was 100% from day #1. ;-)

In addition, you also have GadgetUK's video-review on YouTube. ;-)

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer

Hello,

There are new functions such as mvs mode on AES, jukebox, soft dips ...
And a lot of improvements, based on users reports and our internal tests aswel. Save handling is a good example of that.

We will include a changelog with the firmware update, we have a new "surprise feature" aswel, we got the first feedback yesterday from this "surprise" and the result was good, so 1.06 release as today seems imminent (prolly next week)

Also, i just got some sexy pictures from Stone Age yesterday i want to share with you all

20170621_164836.jpg

20170621_164742.jpg

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I think GadgetUk did a small review on youtube.

Thanks RAZ_HOE, somehow I missed Gadget's review. I'll check it out.

No problem! As you know, I agreed with that from the moment free shells were announced. That's fair and the way it has to be! :-)
Of course, I'm very pleased to have been given the opportunity to collaborate in beta-testing new NeoSD firmware versions! Thank you very much!

I myself did a review on this very same thread a couple of months ago, detailing the new features of this firmware:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-AVAILABLE!!&p=4195888&viewfull=1#post4195888

Addendum:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-AVAILABLE!!&p=4196857&viewfull=1#post4196857

Add to this the fact that now savefiles are not named after game ID, but after .neo filename, in order to avoid problems with games sharing the same ID or clones, hacks, etc. However, the 'involuntary' The Super Spy title screen fix on UniBIOS 3.2 is gone in the final version, since it was a side-effect from an already solved synchronization issue.

BTW, there is no compatibility fixes, since Neo-Geo library compatibility already was 100% from day #1. ;-)

In addition, you also have GadgetUK's video-review on YouTube. ;-)

Thanks for the info Sceptre, I'll check your posts and Gadget's review. BTW: with compatibility fixes I did not mean games, I meant some MVS boards that seemed to be picky about playing with the neosd ;)

Hello,

And a lot of improvements, based on users reports and our internal tests aswel. Save handling is a good example of that.

We will include a changelog with the firmware update, we have a new "surprise feature" aswel, we got the first feedback yesterday from this "surprise" and the result was good, so 1.06 release as today seems imminent (prolly next week)

Thanks for the info neosd, the soft dips feature sounds nice, hope it can be used to have red blood on Metal Slug series while having English language. Also curious: how can I access the Downloads section of the store? I tried my email/pass from the main store but it did not work...

Thanks!!

neosd

Neosd Developer

Thanks for the info Sceptre, I'll check your posts and Gadget's review. BTW: with compatibility fixes I did not mean games, I meant some MVS boards that seemed to be picky about playing with the neosd ;)

Thanks for the info neosd, the soft dips feature sounds nice, hope it can be used to have red blood on Metal Slug series while having English language. Also curious: how can I access the Downloads section of the store? I tried my email/pass from the main store but it did not work...

Thanks!!

Hello,

You have to click on recover password, the FAQ describes the procedure :

https://www.neosdstore.com/shop/index.php?id_cms=7&controller=cms&id_lang=3

Thanks

neodev

Neosd Tech

Thanks!!

Yes, it includes all the compatibility fixes that we have been distributed in a case by case basis lately.

neosd

Neosd Developer
@NeoSD, where is the tracking number for the free shell ?

Best Regards.

Hello,

We havent put it on the webshop cause this would remove the original tracking and we need that there.
If you need tracking, send us an email with your name and we will send you a copy of the shipment receipt with the tracking.

Thanks

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
@NeoSD, where is the tracking number for the free shell ?

Best Regards.

Correos were pretty quick with the EU orders last time. I'd suggest giving it a week or two before bothering NeoSD for tracking numbers.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Correos were pretty quick with the EU orders last time. I'd suggest giving it a week or two before bothering NeoSD for tracking numbers.

I would preffer that, please.

We printed a list with all shipments without shell back in the day, and we have shipped one to everyone on that list. So, if the worries are about not receiving it, don´t be worried we did a good job and if dosen´t arrives we will check the tracking and ship another one if needed ... No one is going to be without the free shell, we got a pile in stock now.

Just give it some time to arrive, in 2 weeks people should start getting it ...

Tgames

War Room Troll
Hello,

We havent put it on the webshop cause this would remove the original tracking and we need that there.
If you need tracking, send us an email with your name and we will send you a copy of the shipment receipt with the tracking.

Thanks

@NeoSD, Mail send

Thanks.

neosd

Neosd Developer
@NeoSD, Mail send

Thanks.

Ok, you got the tracking, but we are not sending more free shells trackings for the next two weeks if there is not a real reason to ask for it,
If everyone asks for it, its a lot of work to revise all receipts and match names.

Thanks

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hello,

Also, i just got some sexy pictures from Stone Age yesterday i want to share with you all

20170621_164836.jpg

20170621_164742.jpg

Damn, that big red looks mint.