MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Also , possibly slightly more brutally, this wasn't produced as charity and you are able to sell for a considerable amount. Your skills, expertise, knowledge and enthusiasm are fantastic but lets not suggest this is entirely altruistic...

I think there is a clear distinction between people trying to make money in this hobby (mistly in fraudolent ways) and fans willing to make something available to the community.

NoeSD team clearly falls under the latter category IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised if the money they are asking will make them even with cost or just enable to continue on next project.

So to say, this has been a project made by passion mostly, rather than business, hence we could all understand these kind of situations?

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Got mine today and I am very pleased up to now. :)
Works like a charm. Yet, one reason I wanted the NeoSD for was to play the uncensored version of Samurai Shodown 5 Special without the need of a unibios. I thought if I start the MVS Rom version I would get the uncensored version because the code of the MVS Rom should be unaltered. But I can't execute the overkill moves. Seems this is locked somehow. :(
But nontheless, a great buy.

PS Only problem I encountered is to put the cartridge into the the slots. I had to use some force while wiggeling the cart. To me it seems to be the be the width of the PCBs. Someone tried to rasp the edges a bit?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
PS Only problem I encountered is to put the cartridge into the the slots. I had to use some force while wiggeling the cart. To me it seems to be the be the width of the PCBs. Someone tried to rasp the edges a bit?

For me the MVS version is incredibly easy to insert/remove. In fact a standard MVS cart is more difficult.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that it's the AES version I got. :)
Maybe it is only my cart that is hard to insert. A little negative point, but there are many positive points in contrast.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Oh yes, I forgot to mention that it's the AES version I got. :)
Maybe it is only my cart that is hard to insert. A little negative point, but there are many positive points in contrast.

vorsprung durch technik AES...

xROTx

PS. Tak says you're a bad bad German dude and I should make an effort to Fakk2 you...

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
Yet, one reason I wanted the NeoSD for was to play the uncensored version of Samurai Shodown 5 Special without the need of a unibios. I thought if I start the MVS Rom version I would get the uncensored version because the code of the MVS Rom should be unaltered. But I can't execute the overkill moves. Seems this is locked somehow. :(
But nontheless, a great buy.

Consider there are 3 versions of SS5 Special:

* Samurai Shodown V Special: The original MVS version, uncensored. [Maybe you want to play this one.]
* Samurai Shodown V Sp (AES Ori): The original AES version, censored.
* Samurai Shodown V Special (AES): The 'fixed' AES version, less censored.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
Consider there are 3 versions of SS5 Special:

* Samurai Shodown V Special: The original MVS version, uncensored. [Maybe you want to play this one.]
* Samurai Shodown V Sp (AES Ori): The original AES version, censored.
* Samurai Shodown V Special (AES): The 'fixed' AES version, less censored.

I already used the MVS version. (easy to recognize by the missing practice option). My guess is that the MVS version plays in an AES with "Violence Off" dip-switch setting.

sheik

n00b
Happy brand new NeoSD owner here, with my first Neo Geo AES bought a few weeks ago (so I really do know very little about this console).
Big thanks to Rot for sorting me out with the .neo files in chat yesterday.

One thing I'd missed when reading about the front-end was that it has handy filter/genre options, which I really like.

I only have two minor issues so far. Firstly, my plastic shell is a little loose around the joins at the bottom, especially near the micro SD slot. i.e. it seems like it's open by about 2mm. The screws are already tight so I think maybe the plastic is just slightly warped. I've put a bit of tape over it to make it flush for now. Do any other AES version owners have the same issue?

Secondly, sometimes after inserting the cart I get badly distorted graphics, eg all the writing on the NeoSD menu is "doubled" up making it illegible. Powering off and reseating the cart fixes this. For all I know this could be a normal issue with all AES carts? Or maybe an issue with my AES cart slot?

Like I say, minor issues, which aren't likely to spoil my enjoyment of this fantastic device. Thanks NeoSD team!

faroffmods

n00b
NeoSD

I am in chat GMT only...

Anyway, PM sent...

Thanks so much for sharing Rot! Everything works like a charm first try :) I have zero complaints regarding NeoSD! I am using a Neo Geo Omega, and yes the sticker is backwards, but honestly guys is that such a big deal? The load times are much better than I expected as well. I didn't count, but the first game I loaded was Baseball Stars 2 and I think it took no more than 15 seconds to load. Pretty impressive!

Best purchase I've made all year! Thanks everyone here for the help to get my payment sent to NeoSD as well as helping with support and info.

Now off to enjoy this amazing product!

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
and yes the sticker is backwards, but honestly guys is that such a big deal?

Well no, because you can turn the boards around in the case so it faces forwards.

For all I know this could be a normal issue with all AES carts? Or maybe an issue with my AES cart slot?

No that's not normal.
Sounds like dirty cartridge slot connectors to me.
Try giving them a clean.

Last edited:

sheik

n00b
No that's not normal.
Sounds like dirty cartridge slot connectors to me.
Try giving them a clean.

Cheers, I sprayed the slots with contact cleaner and added some to the NeoSD connectors as well, and inserted / removed a few times. The issue hasn't happened since and as I'm unlikely to remove the NeoSD regularly then all should hopefully be good. Thanks!

neodev

Neosd Tech
Cheers, I sprayed the slots with contact cleaner and added some to the NeoSD connectors as well, and inserted / removed a few times. The issue hasn't happened since and as I'm unlikely to remove the NeoSD regularly then all should hopefully be good. Thanks!

If it happens again, try just resetting the AES with the reset button.

FikNaldo

n00b
Someone needs to let smoke monster know about this and have him take over maintaining it. He's been doing a great job with other system packs.

He seems to be in bed with the other guys, so I'm guessing he's going to make a set more for that cart than one suitable for us.
TBH - there's nothing wrong with the set Rot has pointed us to, so I don't see SmokeMonsters being any better - it may just be more accessible without registering here and trying to obtain the password (in the space of one more week or whatever).

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Someone needs to let smoke monster know about this and have him take over maintaining it. He's been doing a great job with other system packs.

I did contact him already on Google+ but never got a response.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Good job! When (/if :() I get the money together to buy one of these I'll use it... would like it even more if the Logo was 100% identical with the retail version, but whatevs.

I'm very tempted to get the NeoSD to. Need to raise some funds

I've got a spare MVS case waiting to be used to

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
If there is still demand for the "file"... I will see if it can be uploaded again...

..as per usual... 30 day time limit before it expires once a link becomes active...

xROTx

PS. I am ONLY doing this for our memberbase... saves me disciplining half of our guys here... geez...