MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
This I cannot really try unless someone sends me an AES and a converter. Well I do know people in Helsinki region with AES and I do have a green magickey somewhere (I'm sure I do actually). So In theory I can maybe pull it off. I think I can say already with certinity however that it will not work on a magickey unless its button is held down at power on on the converter. With the button held down I don't know, maybe it will work, maybe not.

Do it for the team Rob!
In addition: oh my - if Raz confirms this as legit this would be a major help for the fighting game quest :)

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
that is one game I would test.
Thanks =D

I would like to order one of these but I am still kind of sceptical (call me paranoid) that it actually exists. The pictures, videos and photos etc seem to suggest that it does exist and does what it says it does, but it's a little strange that none of us heard anything until a day or two ago. Will see how you get on with the one they send you and if all is good I will order one =D

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
it's a little strange that none of us heard anything until a day or two ago. Will see how you get on with the one they send you and if all is good I will order one =D

same here. It would be nice to have a side by side review of this and the other solution coming to the market once it's out

Last edited:

lherre

New Challenger
Thanks =D

I would like to order one of these but I am still kind of sceptical (call me paranoid) that it actually exists. The pictures, videos and photos etc seem to suggest that it does exist and does what it says it does, but it's a little strange that none of us heard anything until a day or two ago. Will see how you get on with the one they send you and if all is good I will order one =D

Vgleaks has a good record of trust. The review is mostly legit. But we will have the ultimate trust once raz test it.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I would feel more comfortable if the cart contained something to stop it from running currently produced games. It would not be nice to see people running Knight's Chance or something like that on it (unless Jeff is cool with that, of course). I know only Last Hope have been dumped, and the rest of current games have protections, but LH was shown to be working, and that does not seem right IMHO.

Regards.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
If you read the specs there is not space in the flash for the later NGdev games and I doubt it has the required ram allocations for knights chance.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
same here. It would be nice to have a side by side review of this and the other solution coming to the market once it's out

I'm sure that will happen because people will probably have this before darksofts is out if every thing is legit

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I'd rather keep my money in the community, but this is pretty awesome.

I'll wait until I see the other one.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
If you read the specs there is not space in the flash for the later NGdev games and I doubt it has the required ram allocations for knights chance.

Sure, I just checked and Razion, Kraut busters and Fast Striker do not fit inside the cart's memory, so they would not be playable. However it seems Last Hope, Gunlord, Pink Bullets and Knight's Chance fit inside the memory. No clue about Neo XYX, I could not find their Megabit count. However my concern is more with the ethical side of the cart, that does not seem to actively block these games from running.

Regards.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I'd rather keep my money in the community, but this is pretty awesome.

Here's the THINGY... Darksoft is going apeshit on his forum... claiming these guys have stolen some of his code...

I'll wait until I see the other one.

I would suggest... that these guys maybe the guys involved with the Darksoft project... and could be a breakaway faction...

xROTx

PS. It is all speculation... but until these guys give me the info I need... this will hang over them...

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Here's the THINGY... Darksoft is going apeshit on his forum... claiming these guys have stolen some of his code...

I would suggest... that these guys maybe the guys involved with the Darksoft project... and could be a breakaway faction...

xROTx

PS. It is all speculation... but until these guys give me the info I need... this will hang over them...

Crazy... Would you want to post a link to that?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Sure, I just checked and Razion, Kraut busters and Fast Striker do not fit inside the cart's memory, so they would not be playable. However it seems Last Hope, Gunlord, Pink Bullets and Knight's Chance fit inside the memory. No clue about Neo XYX, I could not find their Megabit count. However my concern is more with the ethical side of the cart, that does not seem to actively block these games from running.

Regards.

they all have protections as you know.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member

xROTx

Money does funny things to people.

On the other hand, providing gray-market wares and claiming theft is very duplicitous.

I like Darksoft, even after everything that has happened.

I'd prefer to give my money to him and his products have never failed me.

legolas119

Rugal's Thug
it seems good, but really expensive...and loading times...are high...4 o 5 minutes for the bigger games ?
And do you know for how many times it is possible to erase and write the memory?

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
So what's the history behind this guy named Serantes?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
it seems good, but really expensive...and loading times...are high...4 o 5 minutes for the bigger games ?
And do you know for how many times it is possible to erase and write the memory?

100000 was the number mentioned earlier. EDIT Post#117

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
So what's the history behind this guy named Serantes?

It seems the guy is known by Darksoft. He says the guy has some shady past, and told about other reputable members of his forum that can verify his affirmations. I try not to be biased, because I have not seen any hard evidence, but DS has a reputation and has released and supported high-quality (IMHO) products in the past, while this Sarantes guy seems to come out of nowhere with a multicart. Just my opinion.

they all have protections as you know.

Except for Last Hope, yes. I wonder if NGDev are OK with Last Hope running on this multi, even if it's a 6 year old game.

Regards.

Last edited:

nornor1

NEST Puppet
This is awesome. Can't wait to see how this plays out. Im sure it works just fine.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
....Except for Last Hope, yes. I wonder if NGDev are OK with Last Hope running on this multi, even if it's a 6 year old game......

When Stefano was making boot carts/kits and selling them on ebay, they were very upset but had zero legal recourse from what they told me. It's funny, after I brought it up he acted like "Oh I had no idea, I feel so bad", fuck that guy. Hence why all their newer games have heavy protection. They have accepted the loss of Last Hope and are moving forward.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Lads... I facilitate projects like this... on a project to project basis...

I do not guarantee what the products are like... that is why I wanted Raz to try out this and "road test" it for us...

neosd has been open with me... via PM and hence, I have insulated this project...

My advice is to wait on the Raz verdict...

xROTx

PS. I am tired... my brain hurts along with the rest of me.. let's just give the speculation a break.... and wait...

EDIT: neosd... there still remains the fact that I will want to know who you guys.... best talk to your team. and PM me... because I cannot hold off the forum forever... and after the 24 hours I just had... I'm in a semi-crappy mood...

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
When Stefano was making boot carts/kits and selling them on ebay, they were very upset but had zero legal recourse from what they told me. It's funny, after I brought it up he acted like "Oh I had no idea, I feel so bad", fuck that guy. Hence why all their newer games have heavy protection. They have accepted the loss of Last Hope and are moving forward.

Is the Last Hope rom actually a rip of the NGDev MVS cart, or is it some type of hacked CD->MVS reconversion?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Is the Last Hope rom actually a rip of the NGDev MVS cart, or is it some type of hacked CD->MVS reconversion?

It is the MVS cart rom. There was zero protection on the roms themselves. I talked at length with them and they said it was unfortunate but they learned from the experience.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
It seems the guy is known by Darksoft. He says the guy has some shady past, and told about other reputable members of his forum that can verify his affirmations. I try not to be biased, because I have not seen any hard evidence, but DS has a reputation and has released and supported high-quality (IMHO) products in the past, while this Sarantes guy seems to come out of nowhere with a multicart. Just my opinion.

How is darksoft going to stop people running lasthope on his multicart? Is it going to be the same way he stopped the phoenix ROMs? The other NGdev games and Knights Chance are not going to work on this flashcart because they are protected and from the talk I have had with NeoSD it seems they have planes that people don't know about yet.

Regarding the quality of darksofts projects, this is where its going to get intresting because I believe this will be the first time he has had to compete against something in the same space. Its hard to say what high quality is though if you don't have something to compare against or don't have an eye for what a quality product should be. It sure is a surprise that this cart has turned up like it has and when it has, I was shocked when I saw the first post. Going on the posts of NeoSD so far here, I would personally say it +1 for neosd because he is to the point with no hype, with facts. There is no playing with words to play on peoples imaginations to give them impressions beyound the reality. Of course he could turn out to me a con man but given he will be sending a device to me next week everyone will soon know.

I would say though that if ds does know him as suggested earlier, it more means this is the real deal than something else given the apparent panic.

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Holy shit yea I forgot about that :keke:

didn't see that coming