MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

tcdev

NEST Puppet
[deleted hasty question because I can see the answer in the photo itself] :(

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Last edited:

grandmascrack

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Firmware update on mine went swimmingly. Pretty damn simple to do and the faster load times are super welcomed. Thanks a bunch!

I've found that I surprisingly like Ironclad a lot, even though some of the sound effects are a bit hard on the ears at times.

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
have had no problems with the update aswell. everything working fine right now.
only bad thing about it: seems like the 4slot bugfix firmware was already the faster one which means no +30% faster loading times for me - ;*(

neosd

Neosd Developer
have had no problems with the update aswell. everything working fine right now.
only bad thing about it: seems like the 4slot bugfix firmware was already the faster one which means no +30% faster loading times for me - ;*(

Hello,

Yes, this new firmware update has all the fixes and improvments, thats why we waited so much time before release it. 4 slot beta fix firmware already had fast loading.

Thanks

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I made this post in the wrong thread, I wanted it here, so here it is again.

I think by the middle of next week the NeoBuilder is going to need another update. Finally after years of trying it looks like MAME has finally addeded back a roboarmy set and also the alt Korean version of samsho2. It took a long time but I was finally able to forward information showing they needed to be included.

On top of this I arranged the Korean Kof99 that uses a SMA to be forwarded to Brian who has now done the business to it. Brian has probably already submitted it to MAME so all going well it will be in the next MAME also. I'm not totally sure but I guess this may also require a firmware update to get working on the NeoSD given the custom nature of this cart.

My list of known undumped games is slowly shrinking so here it is again. Please check your original carts. I would espicially like to find the Metal Slug 3 at the top of the list.

Code:
Games not in MAME that *FAIL* UNIVERSE BIOS CRC check
-----------------------------------------------------

Metal Slug 3 (encrypted)  ROM REGION - 9763419E  (fail) SMA may be different
Pulster                   ROM REGION - 40BD5336  (fail)
SNK vs Capcom             ROM REGION - 94073c7c  (fail) this is a bootleg
World Heroes              ROM REGION - CE096709  (fail)
Puzzle Bobble             ROM REGION - 3B213B8C6 (fail) crc typo here

Reported Games that have failures (probably cart faults but you never know)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

King of Fighters '98      ROM REGION - BA09784A  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 0 - 1EFA8D4D  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 1 - F1AC3C58  (fail)
                          ROM BANK 2 - 2E72246C  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 3 - 3B014944  (pass)

King of Fighters '2001    ROM REGION - 938175OD  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 0 - 59152D64  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 1 - 73DD4705  (fail)
                          ROM BANK 2 - F92DD3B7  (fail)
                          ROM BANK 3 - AA1BABAD  (pass)

King of Fighters '2002    ROM REGION - 9EDE7323  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 0 - 9E586A5C  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 1 - DD53D452  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 2 - ADC6555F  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 3 - 6EAF9308  (fail)

Slangeug

n00b
Since Dec 12 I have been checking my e-mail and this thread. I really hope these start shipping soon. I am desperate to try this out. Fingers crossed for any day now...

neodev

Neosd Tech
I made this post in the wrong thread, I wanted it here, so here it is again.

I think by the middle of next week the NeoBuilder is going to need another update. Finally after years of trying it looks like MAME has finally addeded back a roboarmy set and also the alt Korean version of samsho2. It took a long time but I was finally able to forward information showing they needed to be included.

On top of this I arranged the Korean Kof99 that uses a SMA to be forwarded to Brian who has now done the business to it. Brian has probably already submitted it to MAME so all going well it will be in the next MAME also. I'm not totally sure but I guess this may also require a firmware update to get working on the NeoSD given the custom nature of this cart.

My list of known undumped games is slowly shrinking so here it is again. Please check your original carts. I would espicially like to find the Metal Slug 3 at the top of the list.

Code:
Games not in MAME that *FAIL* UNIVERSE BIOS CRC check
-----------------------------------------------------

Metal Slug 3 (encrypted)  ROM REGION - 9763419E  (fail) SMA may be different
Pulster                   ROM REGION - 40BD5336  (fail)
SNK vs Capcom             ROM REGION - 94073c7c  (fail) this is a bootleg
World Heroes              ROM REGION - CE096709  (fail)
Puzzle Bobble             ROM REGION - 3B213B8C6 (fail) crc typo here

Reported Games that have failures (probably cart faults but you never know)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

King of Fighters '98      ROM REGION - BA09784A  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 0 - 1EFA8D4D  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 1 - F1AC3C58  (fail)
                          ROM BANK 2 - 2E72246C  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 3 - 3B014944  (pass)

King of Fighters '2001    ROM REGION - 938175OD  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 0 - 59152D64  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 1 - 73DD4705  (fail)
                          ROM BANK 2 - F92DD3B7  (fail)
                          ROM BANK 3 - AA1BABAD  (pass)

King of Fighters '2002    ROM REGION - 9EDE7323  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 0 - 9E586A5C  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 1 - DD53D452  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 2 - ADC6555F  (pass)
                          ROM BANK 3 - 6EAF9308  (fail)

I confirm the new kof99 dump works fine on NeoSD, but it will need a firmware update, as Razoola said, because as the previous korean dump was using standard banking, it will try to use the same banking for this new dump, and will cause an unibios error screen, so it needs to be updated to use the custom banking of this new set.

Bunta714

n00b
Update was simple and quick.
The faster flash times are great. Everything working well on an MV-1B, MV-1C, and MV-2F.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Developers interested on distribute DRM games, those that will only run on a specific NEOSD cart, will have to contact us, so we can provide the requiered info/tools to distribute those protected games. There is more than encryption layer on this NEOSD function.

Thanks !

This is huge and I never thought it was a possibility. ROMs could be sold/licensed to an individual and run only one registered NEOSD cart. That is awesome. I hope NGDEV Team is watching. This could be another sales channel for them.
And why not think big. Maybe SNK would be willing to sell the Neo library on the NEOSD. All the ROMs are already out in the wild. What does SNK have to lose? But I doubt SNK is looking. For something like this I think NEOSD would have to reach out to them.

wingzrow

Galford's Armourer
What size is the Entire Neo Geo Library? I'm going to order an SD card now. Is everyone ordering from Amazon to avoid Chinese SD cards?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
In regards to ordering online and risking potential fakes, I would personally go to a store if I was that worried.

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
I hope NGDEV Team is watching. This could be another sales channel for them.

I would definitely get them digitally if that becomes a possibility, and day one downloads for future releases would be a plus.

That could give people an easier option for those new releases without the cartridge cost, cutting that expense could make them more affordable and less work for them, also no returns or warranty and updates that can't be done on physical form.

Even getting a demo download with your preorder can bank money fast for them.

I assume the rom encryption can work with the serial to engineer a unique key to decrypt making it useless to anyone else if you want to "share" it.

Count me in if that happens!

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I guess we'll see who NGDEV caters more to - the gamers who just want to play or the collectors/people who want to have something you can't play without paying the high price of a cart...

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I would definitely get them digitally if that becomes a possibility, and day one downloads for future releases would be a plus.

That could give people an easier option for those new releases without the cartridge cost, cutting that expense could make them more affordable and less work for them, also no returns or warranty and updates that can't be done on physical form.

Even getting a demo download with your preorder can bank money fast for them.

I assume the rom encryption can work with the serial to engineer a unique key to decrypt making it useless to anyone else if you want to "share" it.

Count me in if that happens!

I don't think that will happen. They create their games with the purpose of being exclusive and expensive or something like that. Asking for ROM downloads is like asking Rolls Royce to make a compact car. They can, it would bring more revenue, but it's not what they are about.