Page 102 of 110 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2732

Thread: MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

ネオジオ

Quote Originally Posted by daz007 View Post

Also , possibly slightly more brutally, this wasn't produced as charity and you are able to sell for a considerable amount. Your skills, expertise, knowledge and enthusiasm are fantastic but lets not suggest this is entirely altruistic...
    I think there is a clear distinction between people trying to make money in this hobby (mistly in fraudolent ways) and fans willing to make something available to the community.

NoeSD team clearly falls under the latter category IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised if the money they are asking will make them even with cost or just enable to continue on next project.

So to say, this has been a project made by passion mostly, rather than business, hence we could all understand these kind of situations?
    凄いゲームを連れて。。。売った。

Dogg-Father

Quote Originally Posted by lachlan View Post
    So I finished consolizing a 1C and now it's gotten its maiden NEOSD experience! I tested it with the best and most grueling game on the entire system, if it can stand to run this game anything will work.

Attachment 43620
    How'd you get the AES cart to work on the CMVS?
    _ _ ___________________________ _ _
    People I've delt with:
    |Steve Rhine|Vinh|Jeff Kurtz|Kenny Boy|Big Bear|Fox1|Bones|Kid Aphex|Bluevoodu|Kubikiri Basara|Shawn|Michael Yagami|

Lazy SNK Employee

Quote Originally Posted by Neodogg View Post
    How'd you get the AES cart to work on the CMVS?
    Universal Cart Case.. one for all.

Armored Scrum Object

Got mine today and I am very pleased up to now.
    Works like a charm. Yet, one reason I wanted the NeoSD for was to play the uncensored version of Samurai Shodown 5 Special without the need of a unibios. I thought if I start the MVS Rom version I would get the uncensored version because the code of the MVS Rom should be unaltered. But I can't execute the overkill moves. Seems this is locked somehow.
    But nontheless, a great buy.

PS Only problem I encountered is to put the cartridge into the the slots. I had to use some force while wiggeling the cart. To me it seems to be the be the width of the PCBs. Someone tried to rasp the edges a bit?
    Dampfwalze
    (official Metal Slug maniac)

Neo-Geo.com: Don't try to fuck with us, or we will show you where the Barthel the Most holt!

drunk downunder!
    aka. Muff Diver.

Quote Originally Posted by Dampfwalze View Post

PS Only problem I encountered is to put the cartridge into the the slots. I had to use some force while wiggeling the cart. To me it seems to be the be the width of the PCBs. Someone tried to rasp the edges a bit?
    For me the MVS version is incredibly easy to insert/remove. In fact a standard MVS cart is more difficult.

Armored Scrum Object

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that it's the AES version I got.
    Maybe it is only my cart that is hard to insert. A little negative point, but there are many positive points in contrast.
    Dampfwalze

Neo-Geo.com: Don't try to fuck with us, or we will show you where the Barthel the Most holt!

Calvin And Hobbes

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that it's the AES version I got.
    Maybe it is only my cart that is hard to insert. A little negative point, but there are many positive points in contrast.
    vorsprung durch technik AES...

xROTx

PS. Tak says you're a bad bad German dude and I should make an effort to Fakk2 you...

Rugal's Thug

Yet, one reason I wanted the NeoSD for was to play the uncensored version of Samurai Shodown 5 Special without the need of a unibios. I thought if I start the MVS Rom version I would get the uncensored version because the code of the MVS Rom should be unaltered. But I can't execute the overkill moves. Seems this is locked somehow.
    But nontheless, a great buy.
    Consider there are 3 versions of SS5 Special:

* Samurai Shodown V Special: The original MVS version, uncensored. [Maybe you want to play this one.]
    * Samurai Shodown V Sp (AES Ori): The original AES version, censored.
    * Samurai Shodown V Special (AES): The 'fixed' AES version, less censored.

Bashful Neophyte

NeoSD

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    FFS... If you read the forum you'd find there is a ready made solution in place...

Download the Link provided in this post... ask me in chat for password...

Link Expires in ONE week... unsure if it wll be uploaded again... make it SNAPPY!

xROTx
    Hi ROT

Didn't see you on the chat tonight. Just looking for the password for the .neo conversions. Thanks so much!

Calvin And Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by faroffmods View Post
    Hi ROT

Didn't see you on the chat tonight. Just looking for the password for the .neo conversions. Thanks so much!
    I am in chat GMT only...

Anyway, PM sent...

Armored Scrum Object

PS. Tak says you're a bad bad German dude and I should make an effort to Fakk2 you...
    I am so bad, I give training courses in being more ruthless to hedge-fund managers.
    Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptre_JLRB View Post
    Consider there are 3 versions of SS5 Special:

* Samurai Shodown V Special: The original MVS version, uncensored. [Maybe you want to play this one.]
    * Samurai Shodown V Sp (AES Ori): The original AES version, censored.
    * Samurai Shodown V Special (AES): The 'fixed' AES version, less censored.
    I already used the MVS version. (easy to recognize by the missing practice option). My guess is that the MVS version plays in an AES with "Violence Off" dip-switch setting.
    Dampfwalze

Timid Neo Newbie

Happy brand new NeoSD owner here, with my first Neo Geo AES bought a few weeks ago (so I really do know very little about this console).
    Big thanks to Rot for sorting me out with the .neo files in chat yesterday.

One thing I'd missed when reading about the front-end was that it has handy filter/genre options, which I really like.

I only have two minor issues so far. Firstly, my plastic shell is a little loose around the joins at the bottom, especially near the micro SD slot. i.e. it seems like it's open by about 2mm. The screws are already tight so I think maybe the plastic is just slightly warped. I've put a bit of tape over it to make it flush for now. Do any other AES version owners have the same issue?

Secondly, sometimes after inserting the cart I get badly distorted graphics, eg all the writing on the NeoSD menu is "doubled" up making it illegible. Powering off and reseating the cart fixes this. For all I know this could be a normal issue with all AES carts? Or maybe an issue with my AES cart slot?

Like I say, minor issues, which aren't likely to spoil my enjoyment of this fantastic device. Thanks NeoSD team!

Bashful Neophyte

NeoSD

I am in chat GMT only...

Anyway, PM sent...
    Thanks so much for sharing Rot! Everything works like a charm first try I have zero complaints regarding NeoSD! I am using a Neo Geo Omega, and yes the sticker is backwards, but honestly guys is that such a big deal? The load times are much better than I expected as well. I didn't count, but the first game I loaded was Baseball Stars 2 and I think it took no more than 15 seconds to load. Pretty impressive!

Best purchase I've made all year! Thanks everyone here for the help to get my payment sent to NeoSD as well as helping with support and info.

Now off to enjoy this amazing product!

Mature's Make-Up Artist

Quote Originally Posted by faroffmods View Post
    and yes the sticker is backwards, but honestly guys is that such a big deal?
    Well no, because you can turn the boards around in the case so it faces forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by sheik View Post
    For all I know this could be a normal issue with all AES carts? Or maybe an issue with my AES cart slot?
    No that's not normal.
    Sounds like dirty cartridge slot connectors to me.
    Try giving them a clean.
    Last edited by Gummy Bear; 03-21-2017 at 08:33 PM.

Timid Neo Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Gummy Bear View Post
    No that's not normal.
    Sounds like dirty cartridge slot connectors to me.
    Try giving them a clean.
    Cheers, I sprayed the slots with contact cleaner and added some to the NeoSD connectors as well, and inserted / removed a few times. The issue hasn't happened since and as I'm unlikely to remove the NeoSD regularly then all should hopefully be good. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sheik View Post
    Cheers, I sprayed the slots with contact cleaner and added some to the NeoSD connectors as well, and inserted / removed a few times. The issue hasn't happened since and as I'm unlikely to remove the NeoSD regularly then all should hopefully be good. Thanks!
    If it happens again, try just resetting the AES with the reset button.
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo MVS & AES Flash Cart - TEAM Member

Mr. Big's Thug

FFS... If you read the forum you'd find there is a ready made solution in place...

Download the Link provided in this post... ask me in chat for password...

Link Expires in ONE week... unsure if it wll be uploaded again... make it SNAPPY!

xROTx
    Someone needs to let smoke monster know about this and have him take over maintaining it. He's been doing a great job with other system packs.

Timid Neo Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by leonk View Post
    Someone needs to let smoke monster know about this and have him take over maintaining it. He's been doing a great job with other system packs.
    He seems to be in bed with the other guys, so I'm guessing he's going to make a set more for that cart than one suitable for us.
    TBH - there's nothing wrong with the set Rot has pointed us to, so I don't see SmokeMonsters being any better - it may just be more accessible without registering here and trying to obtain the password (in the space of one more week or whatever).

Sieger's Squire

Quote Originally Posted by leonk View Post
    I did contact him already on Google+ but never got a response.
    My YouTube channel contains some MVS repairs and stuff:-
    http://www.youtube.com/user/GadgetUK164

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by greatfunky View Post
    PS : Someone asked me in PM my sticker for the MVS shell , I post it here , if someone else want to use it ....
    http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/616153label2.jpg
    Good job! When (/if ) I get the money together to buy one of these I'll use it... would like it even more if the Logo was 100% identical with the retail version, but whatevs.
    Last edited by xsq; 03-24-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Zero's Tailor

Quote Originally Posted by xsq View Post
    Good job! When (/if ) I get the money together to buy one of these I'll use it... would like it even more if the Logo was 100% identical with the retail version, but whatevs.
    I'm very tempted to get the NeoSD to. Need to raise some funds

I've got a spare MVS case waiting to be used to

Calvin And Hobbes

If there is still demand for the "file"... I will see if it can be uploaded again...

..as per usual... 30 day time limit before it expires once a link becomes active...

xROTx

PS. I am ONLY doing this for our memberbase... saves me disciplining half of our guys here... geez...

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by akicoman View Post
    Cool... NeoSD Sticker
    http://i.imgur.com/zEQpk2d.jpg

Thread Information