MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
yodd, todd, whatever - i am so happy when you get your cart, because i cant read any more of your "meh" posts. hopefully quan approves my opinion.

I'm sorry, asshole, what have I done to piss you off so much? What "meh" posts are you referring to? Other than a couple comments about still waiting on it, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Pls share with the class.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Yodd,

I really apologize on the shipment delay.
We are not happy about how correos has handled usa shipments at all, its far so much time.
We are working with ups right now to find a solution for future shipments, pricing is the problem, ups is far much more expensive but much more faster aswel.

Thanks

I'm sorry, asshole, what have I done to piss you off so much? What "meh" posts are you referring to? Other than a couple comments about still waiting on it, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

dkarDaGobert

Kuroko's Training Dummy
May i ask what you work at ? Phone repairs ?
Those are not the usual cheap chinesse tools, i myself have one of those JBC solder stations are home :)
Pretty expensive lot you have there, i would say. Someone should send you samurai shodown 5 special to reump.

im working as electronics technician in a company producing sunshading products. we have our own small electronics manufacture producing all the control units needed.
we got there 2 reflow ovens, smd mounting mashines, wave soldering and selective wave soldering mashines and inspection systems like flying probe and aoi.
so yeah, i would say we have pretty nice stuff here
the pics on top are the tools i use for repairing stuff sent back from the customer or which didnt pass the function test

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
You have better equipment than us for sure.
We have access to much more expensive toys, but those are not ours. We put our pcbs at x-rays machines that check if there is air inside the solder pads for example, this is some kind of equipment most of the solder factories lack of, they just do camera inspection on the pads, but not x-rays.

BTW you need a pretty good manufactuing volume to just have pick and place machines at your company, not talking about 1M euros pick and place, just the cheap regular ones.

im working as electronics technician in a company producing sunshading products. we have our own small electronics manufacture producing all the control units needed.
we got there 2 reflow ovens, smd mounting mashines, wave soldering and selective wave soldering mashines and inspection systems like flying probe and aoi.
so yeah, i would say we have pretty nice stuff here
the pics on top are the tools i use for repairing stuff sent back from the customer or which didnt pass the function test

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I no longer have a NEO-GEO.

But thank you for keeping the spirit of NEO-GEO alive.

-LoneSage

Last edited:

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Yodd,

I really apologize on the shipment delay.
We are not happy about how correos has handled usa shipments at all, its far so much time.
We are working with ups right now to find a solution for future shipments, pricing is the problem, ups is far much more expensive but much more faster aswel.

Thanks

My response was directed towards 'aku'.

I'm not upset with you guys at all. I realize overseas shipping sucks and unpredictable. I'm personally excited to receive it and even want to pick up the AES version.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Just wanted to let you know that I've been very happy with the NeoSD results. So far, no problems at all and it's played everything I've tried.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Just wanted to let you know that I've been very happy with the NeoSD results. So far, no problems at all and it's played everything I've tried.

Is neo turf masters working fine there ? ;)

Thanks for your coment, usually users not having issues dont post on forums.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Good god , you're right ! .... i'm a happy NeoSD owner , so satisfied that i ordered the AES version too .....

Thanks for that NeoSD ....:)

PS: I encourage satisfied people to post it here

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
turf does the neosd work properly with your VMC? wondering if you've tested it

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Pretty expensive lot you have there, i would say. Someone should send you samurai shodown 5 special to reump.

I'm thinking about having mine dumped, One of my buddies offered to do it, but he is in Canada so going to wait until after the holidays so there will be less of a risk mailing it.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple

nah yodd, overall it was not that bad. but i remember some of your posts as very "mehish"...

Still waiting on mine.

Still waiting on mine and the tracking number still doesn't show it even entering the US.

I notice that that artwork has Arcade Works Omega logo on it in the bottom center of the front of the insert.
Did anyone ask Quan for permission to use that?
for someone testing bootlegs of bootlegs on his channel, this was a pretty "meh" question...

Gotta agree. Not digging the art at all. Screams 16 bit demo scene (which I am a fan of) and not SNK.

Rot: stop making drama up and dragging stuff into this thread that has zero relation to the discussion at hand.
If anyone should be banned from this thread, it's YOU.

I hope you aren't calling me a child just because I (along with apparently a couple others) am confused as to whether or not a shell is included.

I don't see chat as official communication. Again, clearer communication to buyers and future buyers is necessary.

That's great and all, however the question of if the shells will be free or not was confusing. Since it's hard to determine when preordering ended. I ordered mine a couple days ago. Do I get a shell?...

I almost forgot about this. Placed my order yesterday and did the bank wire today.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I was finally able to get mine working on the mv1fzs with neobioasta VMC. Absolutely no issues with regular games on my mv1fs. I had some rebooting issues with some bootleg games. It's hard to tell if it's a firmware thing or the boots, or the cart not seated perfectly.

I will say the vast majority of issues can be avoided if everyone checks their voltages and uses a cart to make sure boards are perfectly aligned inside the motherboard. I've had to reseat it 5 or 6 times in my mv1fzs to get it to boot up, whereas a shell would have aligned it for me. The plastic guides on the mobo aren't doing me any favors either. I would suggest taking those guides off until the shell arrives. Makes it much easier to deal with.

Just tested kof2003 on the mv1fzs, works flawlessly. No lines or glitching.

Last edited:

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Another thing I noticed, at least on my motherboards is that my original carts feel like they are more snug when inserting them. I should try bending my pins in a bit too see if a tighter fit makes a difference.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Awesome. Thank you for bringing this important topic up. (And thanks to NTM for your work.)

The unpreserved Korean King of Fighters 99 has now also been found and we will look to get it dumped after the new year. This one is a little more complex because of the SMA onboard.

!cid_ii_iwsy59p77_1590bd7f7c347f98.jpg

!cid_ii_iwsy59pj9_1590bd7f7c347f98.jpg

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Lets explain it, so everyone understands the issue and our answer :

User gets a neosd, he says is dead, it dosent works (we know every shipped neosd works cause we took the time to flash kof2003 on EVERY neosd).

So customer starts telling on twitter that its dead on arrival. User could just have emailed us, but he decided to tell that on twitter, where we dont even have account, until yesterday that some friend told us about this twitter guy ...

Then some trolls come there to fuck arround ( i am not going to name those).

Some hours after user says : its not dead, it works in one of my cabs and not on ther other, thing is that he is using the SAME MVS on both cabs.

So i ask you guys, what could be doing NEOSD works with the same MVS in one cab and not in another ? I would say the only difference is the PSU, so we told him this may be the cause.

Some of you think NEOSD was an easy to develop product, others think they can deliver a neo geo flash cart and cant even boot a single game. Lets face it, we are working with more than 8 different boards, some do have different revisions. Those boards are more than 20 years old and everyone is powering those boards in a different way.

So i would say we have a pretty solid product. Right now issues are under 1% of what we have shipped, and we are taking every issue seriously, we dont tell someone to try another psu or that his psu is fucked to not give him support.

If you have an issue : email us, dont post it on facebook if you want support, cause we dont have a facebook account (just to name one for example) ... You can post whathever you want there but we may not know you have an issue cause you havent emailed us ...

Telling people : yes i am going to buy it, dosent makes your argument stronger.

As an user i would be really pleased to be able to buy a neo geo flash cart, even if i wont buy it for different reasons.
After so many years some serious team put the needed resources to deliver something we all wanted, and no one was able to deliver.

Instead, what we have arround is a pile of trolls trying to find a single issue to put shit on our product/work. I cant really understand that kind of hate, honestly

Thanks

I am sorry to hear someone did that =( And I am sorry I gave you some stress on the same day! You summed it up really well there though - What you guys have done is simply amazing, and to be fair - some minor problems are expected on one or two peoples setups (like mine) and some board revisions etc. There are a LOT of models (from http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com):-

1 slot motherboards: MV1, MV1F, MV-1A, MV-1AX, MV-1B, MV-1C, MV-1FZ (MV-1H?)
2 slot motherboards: MV2F, MV2FT (smaller version?) (maybe others)
4 slot motherboards: MV4F, MV4H, MV4FT, MV4FS (various versions)
6 slot motherboards: MV6F (others?)

Then there are manufacturing difference between some boards and the parts used etc.

It's quite remarkable how perfect it runs on so many setups so far tbh! I would have expected more problems at launch. As p***** off as I have been (partly due to personal circumstances nothing to do with my MVS) the last few days, I respect the work that has gone into this product, and the work you are still doing to make this perfect. That guy on Twitter certainly knows how to burn bridges. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, all you can do is offer advice etc and do your best. If I had known you had this abuse from this guy on twitter yesterday I wouldn't have snapped like I did.

EDIT: Was it ModernVintageGamer? He's actually a good reviewer and very technical himself - I feel partly responsible as in my video I didn't test the 4 slot, and maybe one or two people are expecting it to work already on 4 slots =/ But if he's patient I am sure it can be made to work on a 4 slot. I might just add an annotation to my video at the start just saying that 4 slot is being worked on at the moment?

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
You can add the 1FS and 1T to the 1 slot list also. There are the bootleg MVS boards also but thats a whole other story that willl probaböy pop its head up somewhere down the line.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Honestly GadgetUK, if someone ask me now about your issue, my answer will be : i am happy, we have made the product stronger thanks him.

If someone asks me about you, i will say : we sent him a pile of beta firmwares, he spent a pile of hours doing tests for us, users like this one make products stronger, this is pretty good for everyone.

I am really greatful and i understand your point of view, we already discussed this by email. Honestly, i have the best feelings about you. This not just a lot of good words on the forum to have you and others happy.

Maybe from a company side, only thinking about make money, it would have been more easy to tell you : get your money back, we give you a refund, end of the problem, but we are not that kind of people, and this is the main issue here, NEOSD is more our personal product than a company product at all, we did this product on the first time cause we wanted it to exist, cause we thought no one would deliver a decent product, one without lcd screens, one without hacked roms. If such product would ever exist, no one would make a seccond one such as ours, the one we as users wanted.

The only thing i am not happy with right now, is not having a solution for dkarDaGobert (4slot), he has been waiting more than one week for a solution. We thought your issue and 4slot issue were related, but we were wrong. I have promissed dkarDaGobert that we will start working on monday on 4slot until we fix it.

The main issue to us is that everyone wants a 10 minutes solution, but if someone comes with an issue prolly it will take us more than 10 minutes to fix it, cause we try every new firmware in more than 10 boards and we are more than 4 guys doing tests on different boards, so chances are that if an issue shows, it will take us time to reproduce it and solve it.

This fast solution preasure has put a lot of stress on us, and to be honest, everytime you see something like those twitter coments, you fear your sales will be damaged, and we really need to make money to deliver other products.

To me the main issue is not this guy having an issue and telling it on twitter he has the right to express himself wherever he desires. It is the opportunistic people trying to take vantage on those coments, and you guys know what i am talking about.

Most companies die on the first months of life cause they cant make money just to survive, so our goal right now is to have everyone happy, fixing issues and adding more features, thing is we cant forget to make money if we want to survive aswel.

So resuming, this twitter guy is going to have all our support, cause honestly he deserves it as any customer and he did not know us at all, so he may thought he bougth something not working, i can understand that. Why i cant understand is so much hate such as this one :

twitter.png

Just read the rest, you will notice why i got disapointed :

https://twitter.com/_skitzo/status/809596844288446464

This is really sick.

I hope you guys understand my point, we need time to fix usses, we cant deliver a solution in 5 minutes.

I am sorry to hear someone did that =( And I am sorry I gave you some stress on the same day! You summed it up really well there though - What you guys have done is simply amazing, and to be fair - some minor problems are expected on one or two peoples setups (like mine) and some board revisions etc. There are a LOT of models (from http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com):-

1 slot motherboards: MV1, MV1F, MV-1A, MV-1AX, MV-1B, MV-1C, MV-1FZ (MV-1H?)
2 slot motherboards: MV2F, MV2FT (smaller version?) (maybe others)
4 slot motherboards: MV4F, MV4H, MV4FT, MV4FS (various versions)
6 slot motherboards: MV6F (others?)

Then there are manufacturing difference between some boards and the parts used etc.

It's quite remarkable how perfect it runs on so many setups so far tbh! I would have expected more problems at launch. As p***** off as I have been (partly due to personal circumstances nothing to do with my MVS) the last few days, I respect the work that has gone into this product, and the work you are still doing to make this perfect. That guy on Twitter certainly knows how to burn bridges. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, all you can do is offer advice etc and do your best. If I had known you had this abuse from this guy on twitter yesterday I wouldn't have snapped like I did.

EDIT: Was it ModernVintageGamer? He's actually a good reviewer and quite technical himself - I feel partly responsible as in my video I didn't test the 4 slot, and maybe one or two people are expecting it to work already on 4 slots =/ But if he's patient I am sure it can be made to work on a 4 slot. I might just add an annotation to my video at the start just saying that 4 slot is being worked on at the moment?

Last edited: