MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah those sticker designs are poor. Less is more with a cartridge label if you come from the school of MVS.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Personally I think the label alienpdx neosd came up with is great, it only suffers from minor formatting issues, the actual design though is really slick.

MkidTrigun

n00b
Got my NeoSD MVS in yesterday, got it loaded up and brought it into work this morning to test out on my MV-1C cabinet while I wait for my CMVS to arrive - it's pretty spectacular, to say the least.

The system and region setting all work as expected and was able to load up AES versions of games without the need for a Unibios. The microSD I inserted into it has to be about 4-5 years old at this point but is still on-par with the flash times that people have been reporting.

I am highly satisfied with this investment and may purchase a second MVS cart to leave at work at some point in the future. A huge thanks to the NeoSD team for making this a reality!

phoenixdownita

Cheng's Errand Boy
It's alive!!!!!

NeoSD AES version from ES to US

Ordered 3/17 (a Friday night to be precise)
Marked as shipped on 3/21 (Tuesday)
Correos marked as dispatched on 3/24 (Friday)
Delivered on 3/30 (Thursday)

Less than 2 weeks end to end .... your experience may vary but mine has been great.

BTW: no drill holes :cool:

EDIT: forgot to thank "Rot the Awesome" for "something interesting", it really made all the difference: "may you Rot in peace"

Last edited:

geodeath

n00b
Hi all!

Have been following this thread but even now that i backed up around 15-20 pages i still cannot find what i am looking for.
I can see there is an MVS and an AES version. Is anything different in the actual flash cart, or is it really just the shell that is different? If that is the case, it makes more sense to buy the AES version then find a cheap/broken mvs game to salvage an MVS shell to put it in, if i want to play the Neosd on my cmvs.

Just wondering what is different between the 2, other than the shell (even if that is different at all, product photo shows identical right now at the website)?

Obviously the carts could be really different with each other, just wondering if there is a way to buy one and play on both, which one makes more sense to buy etc..

Thanks!

Last edited:

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi all!

Have been following this thread but even now that i backed up around 15-20 pages i still cannot find what i am looking for.
I can see there is an MVS and an AES version. Is anything different in the actual flash cart, or is it really just the shell that is different? If that is the case, it makes more sense to buy the AES version then find a cheap/broken mvs game to salvage an MVS shell to put it in, if i want to play the Neosd on my cmvs.

Just wondering what is different between the 2, other than the shell (even if that is different at all, product photo shows identical right now at the website)?

Thanks!

I don't want to assume, but this basically reads like you're missing that AES and MVS are different systems. If you want to use NeoSD on your CMVS, then you need the MVS version. Both flavors of NeoSD come with an AES-style shell.

geodeath

n00b
Well i do know they are different systems, but i (kinda hoped i know) thought that it might be possible to use 1 cart for both, much like flash carts for other systems that work across versions/ranges. Of course this assumes the same pinout etc, but my knowledge is limited, hence the noob question.

Thanks for clarification! :)

kaironman

n00b
Well i do know they are different systems, but i (kinda hoped i know) thought that it might be possible to use 1 cart for both, much like flash carts for other systems that work across versions/ranges. Of course this assumes the same pinout etc, but my knowledge is limited, hence the noob question.

You can use the MVS cart in the AES system, using an adapter.

neodev

Neosd Tech

The hardware inside the AES and MVS cartridges is slightly different, AES cartridges contain extra hardware that is not present in MVS ones, and that changes the actual data that is obtained from the cart, so a simple connector change is not possible.

There are adapters that do the conversion but they aren't officially supported by NeoSD. Some people have been using them with different degrees of success but most of them present different problems due to missing or incorrect wiring between the AES connector and the MVS pins that original games don't use, but NeoSD does. Also these converters can only convert a MVS cart to work on an AES board, but not the opposite.

gunaska

n00b
dear neosd team

my order has been placed at 12/07/2016,and it was two months since shippment started

i got no update of shipping status.i post comment in the store and email to you but i got no reply

pls check my order .thank you

my order number is OUCDFGDND

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
PM Lonesage, a member here, he knows ALL about items of coolness being posted to China and not receiving them.

Can anyone comment on the stock of available NeoSD carts? Website shows as "In Stock" at the top of the order page, but in the More Info section on the same page says "In stock as May 22th 2017". Didn't stop me from placing my order but want to know if shipping is a couple of weeks vs months away.

fustylad

n00b
Received my Neo SD recently, having some issue with Neo Builder UI... cmd line tool works fine, but I can't find the correct ROM set to use for conversion. Conversion fails: "Error processing romset" or "ERROR: Rom xxx missing in xxx"
I see Mr. Rot posts a file, but it's locked... :(

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Received my Neo SD recently, having some issue with Neo Builder UI... cmd line tool works fine, but I can't find the correct ROM set to use for conversion. Conversion fails: "Error processing romset" or "ERROR: Rom xxx missing in xxx"
I see Mr. Rot posts a file, but it's locked... :(

I will repeat myself here...

I created an easy solution to certain Neosd game "issues".... This provides out userbase with a complete and trusted set.... (It is ONLY for our userbase...)

It is PASSWORD protected... you will need to contact myself in chat or via PM (ONE time only PM...)...

xROTx

PS. The Link is in THIS post... POST 44.....

I am pretty sure that this file will not be uploaded again without persuasion...

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I will repeat myself here...

I created an easy solution to certain Neosd game "issues".... This provides out userbase with a complete and trusted set.... (It is ONLY for our userbase...)

It is PASSWORD protected... you will need to contact myself in chat or via PM (ONE time only PM...)...

xROTx

PS. The Link is in THIS post... http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ort-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218

I am pretty sure that this file will not be uploaded again without persuasion...

Wait, would you mind clarifying this rot? Does the entire neo geo romset need a special password to be used on the NEOSD or certain games or?? What's going on with this? Want to buy one later this year, so would like to know and this is a rather large thread to dig through, thanks.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Wait, would you mind clarifying this rot? Does the entire neo geo romset need a special password to be used on the NEOSD or certain games or?? What's going on with this? Want to buy one later this year, so would like to know and this is a rather large thread to dig through, thanks.

It is a Complete set... the whole file needs the password to get the "GOOD Stuff".... THIS SET does NOT need the neobuilder...

It is complete and FULLY converted already... in other words... it only needs to be copied and pasted onto a SD card...

xROTx

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It is a Complete set... the whole file needs the password to get the "GOOD Stuff".... THIS SET does NOT need the neobuilder...

It is complete and FULLY converted already... in other words... it only needs to be copied and pasted onto a SD card...

xROTx

That's great Rot. I2 PLAN on buying one of these in the near future and it's good to know you put out a complete working set. Saves members a shit load of time and headaches. Thanks for doing this.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
That's great Rot. I2 PLAN on buying one of these in the near future and it's good to know you put out a complete working set. Saves members a shit load of time and headaches. Thanks for doing this.

Best be quick to download the file then... the link expires in about 10 days...

I am tired of re-linking it... (even tho... **ahem**... i will deny it is my link...)

xROTx

PS. I've enjoyed supporting a great project like the Neosd... but I've got other shit to do around here than babysit....

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Best be quick to download the file then... the link expires in about 10 days...

I am tired of re-linking it... (even tho... **ahem**... i will deny it is my link...)

xROTx

PS. I've enjoyed supporting a great project like the Neosd... but I've got other shit to do around here than babysit....

Thanks for the heads up Bud. I'll pm you in a little. I know how much you love pm's.