MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

lherre

New Challenger
What is the deal with the flash process cycling back and forth between erasing and flashing? This is the first Everdrive-like flash device I've ever seen do that. Granted, I don't understand what is happening while it's occurring.

Also, the loading times sounded terrible, at first, but, after seeing it in action, it's actually pretty close to the Darksoft CPS2 thing...provided it's not something huge.

Jon

Because it erases and flashes the memory banks separatelly. But I think we will have a better (and technical) explanation about it.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
im very interested but as with anything, i will wait for the first couple of waves to be shipped and used before i dive in.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
What's the process in order to save the highscore for each game? I.e. when I flash a new game to the cart is the previous one automatically backed up to the SD cart with the high score or am I missing something here?

Where did you see that it saves high scores? I'm not seeing anything on their site about it.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Where did you see that it saves high scores? I'm not seeing anything on their site about it.

Thats the plan : we want that people to be able to store all backup ram data from each game into sd card, so when you load a different game, you dont loose your high scores or dip switch configurations if the bios decides to remove your game from backup ram.

This feature is not in the list, cause right now only the ARM part of this feature is coded and working, we are missing the actual reading of the backup data, its only a matter of time, we will anounce it and show it once its done.

Thanks

I think the above quote is where it is sourced from NTM.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Thats the plan : we want that people to be able to store all backup ram data from each game into sd card, so when you load a different game, you dont loose your high scores or dip switch configurations if the bios decides to remove your game from backup ram.

This feature is not in the list, cause right now only the ARM part of this feature is coded and working, we are missing the actual reading of the backup data, its only a matter of time, we will anounce it and show it once its done.

Thanks

It's not supported as of now but probably when they launch the product? Or in the near future? I.e. some months after that?

Edit: gusmoney beat me to it :D

neosd

Neosd Developer
It's not supported as of now but probably when they launch the product? Or in the near future? I.e. some months after that?

Edit: gusmoney beat me to it :D

Estimated schedule for this function (save high scores on sd for each game) is DAYS, as today.

Thanks !

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
This is definitely a step in the right direction, however I think I will wait and see how it compares to the other option(s?) when they become available. Also, to see how this neosd progresses and what happens with the GUI created by Raz. I like to have my options clear when making a choice like this. Just a question from me: will these carts get on a limited edition? or are they planned to be available for a long time?

Thanks!!

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
This is definitely a step in the right direction, however I think I will wait and see how it compares to the other option(s?) when they become available. Also, to see how this neosd progresses and what happens with the GUI created by Raz. I like to have my options clear when making a choice like this. Just a question from me: will these carts get on a limited edition? or are they planned to be available for a long time?

Thanks!!

I will try to answer your questions :

2. Are these shipping already?
Still not, shipping will be in 3 weeks from yesterday, carts are on production right now, this not exactly a preorder cause the bach is being manufactured no matters how many units we sell, if we sell the first batch we will make more, else there will be only one batch out (the one that is being manufactured right now), same thing applies to plastic cases.

Thanks !

I guess it depends on how the first batch goes.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
May we live in interesting times, indeed. One of the last strongholds is about to be charged... and I really like the "out of the blue" conception.

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Nice for someone new to appear with an actual functioning product instead of months (years?) of rumours, misleading info and needless drama. Like others I'd rather hold out in the hope of a Razoola created option, though a collaboration here would be immense I feel.

fluxcore

Another Striker
We had 2 disc drives for our C64. We weren't commoners that had cassette drives. :oh_no:

I just got given a C64 and a C128 by a work colleague, and bought an SD card replacement for a 1541 disk drive (after trying to clean the disk drives and still having difficulties I just gave up with that whole mess). I thought load times were still kinda crap, then I plugged in his Epyx Fastloader - makes a hell of a difference!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am glad this is staying on Topic...

I am glad neosd is answering the questions...

I am glad for the lack of drama...

I am glad that you fooks are playing nice...

I am glad... because I feel shitty atm... and well... it's for the best that I have stress free few weeks...

xROTx

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I feel shitty atm... and well... it's for the best that I have stress free few weeks...

xROTx

Get some rest, Rot. FWIW, you're in my prayers.

On topic:
Things are remaining surprisingly civil here (which is HIGHLY unusual) and I dig it.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I know what you mean Lemony. It kind of feels like the last hand in a game of no limit poker. One player is holding pocket rockets and goes all in, the other player calls with 10 / ace spades and hits three spades on the flop.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I know what you mean Lemony. It kind of feels like the last hand in a game of no limit poker. One player is holding pocket rockets and goes all in, the other player calls with 10 / ace spades and hits three spades on the flop.

:keke:

I like the looks, and I like the sounds of this device but I agree going to hold out for now and wait and see how the initial run does. Get some feedback before I need another multi.

Still kudos guys.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Here's my thoughts...

It's expensive... but this is NG.com... the home of the crazy "too much money over common sense... brigade..."

...A suggestion neosd... MAYBE you should send one too a reliable member for a testing and written review... NOT FREE of charge... I will guarantee payment if needed...

This is ONLY a suggestion... I assume Razoola will buy one so I'd suggest him... his rep is as good as anyone...

UPTO you tho...

xROTx

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
OK LADS...

Thank you for your patience... Razoola will recieve one of the first devices...

He will write a review for you guys... I trust that this is OK for you all?

xROTx

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
That's not OK at all. I think I should get the review copy.

Spoiler:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
That's not OK at all. I think I should get the review copy.

Spoiler:

The only issue with that is I've seen you type letters...

You can't even spell your name correctly... WORSE... you don't use enough ellipses...

xROTx

PS. DRUG'Z are for WINNARZ!

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
OK LADS...

Thank you for your patience... Razoola will recieve one of the first devices...

He will write a review for you guys... I trust that this is OK for you all?

xROTx

WOOO! OK I wish you luck Razoola.