MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

comoema

n00b
I think at this point that is easier said than done. Who has time to read 119 pages?

I think it will be helpful to write a mini section including all this information, maybe a NEOSD page under the Wiki...what do you think guys?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
I think it will be helpful to write a mini section including all this information, maybe a NEOSD page under the Wiki...what do you think guys?
0s2oODO.gif

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior

I think the best thing you can do is write this up and send it to NeoSD as they have a FAQ page already and can it be expanded.

Jontox

Quiz Detective

Great idea, Wiki would allow a contribution from anyone not a lone wolf effort.
By the way, who validate any contribution in the Neowiki?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
The admins are ElBarto and Furrtek so they get the final say. I have been contributing since 2012. I don't think there would be a problem with NeoSD info there providing its page is not advertising (link to a page selling them for example).

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Finally put my order in, had to go with stone age gamer. Hopefully they ship out sooner than 4 weeks. If it's as good as people say, I may have to unload some of my mvs games. Looking forward to finally playing MS2 Turbo.

dl1955

n00b
Thank you so much Razoola for your in depth review. Because of this I purchased a NeoSD. :)

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Finally put my order in, had to go with stone age gamer. Hopefully they ship out sooner than 4 weeks. If it's as good as people say, I may have to unload some of my mvs games. Looking forward to finally playing MS2 Turbo.

You could play MS2 Turbo anyway if you have the newest Unibios installed. I really want a NeoSD, but I'll have to wait a while before I buy one. I might just wait till the holidays and have relatives possibly get me SAG gift certificates.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Thank you so much Razoola for your in depth review. Because of this I purchased a NeoSD. :)

No problem. neosd/neodev defo need much credit also because they were not unwilling to have the NeoSD reviewed from an outside and totally unbiased party who knew the NeoGeo workings like I do before it was released. Looking back at the review now I think it was spot on, I don't think I have seen a single person say the review was just hype, misleading, or anything like that. Its a great product that does what it says.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I almost pulled the trigger on the MVS version to use for my Youtube videos (wanted to show the prototype version of ASO II), but as soon as I was ready, of course Stone Age Gamer changed the page to say it was out of stock. Still might get the AES version instead. In the end I felt it wasn't worth $470 to show 20 seconds in a video that will get 300 views.

Of course it will have many other uses, but mostly only for homebrews and protos, since I have a complete MVS library already.

Edit: And it's in stock again. I may need to get it for an upcoming video.

Last edited:

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
You could play MS2 Turbo anyway if you have the newest Unibios installed. I really want a NeoSD, but I'll have to wait a while before I buy one. I might just wait till the holidays and have relatives possibly get me SAG gift certificates.

You can run MS2 turbo without modifying the MS2 cart? That's what I was trying to avoid. Either way, the Neo SD should get plenty of use.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

I've seen this mentioned several times, but it's not anywhere in the Unibios release notes. I saw Raz added the CRC and cheats/score saving, but I don't see anything about being able to patch MS2 to MS2T with the Unibios?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
You cannot change a legit ms2 cart to ms2turbo just with a unibios.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,

Thanks, Raz. That's what I thought, not sure where the rumor started that the latest Unibios has this functionality.

Chaotic Mind

New Challenger
I pulled the trigger on a MVS cart and mine went out 4 days ago from Stone Age. Waited about 6 weeks for them to be restocked. Hopefully it arrives soon.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,

"Cannot" as in "not right now, but maybe in the future" or as in "it cannot be ever done because of technical limitations"?