MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am gonna facepalm a lot over the next few days...

I can feel it in my bladder...

xROTx

PS. OK OK... I'll bite... record your KoF 03 load times... FFS... if you can't beat 'em... join them...

So in theory.... if new SD Cards coming out are faster and faster... there is no bottleneck on the NeoSDs side?

Edit: how much time does it take to erase whatever is already flashed in memory?

Last edited:

Mikekim

n00b
So in theory.... if new SD Cards coming out are faster and faster... there is no bottleneck on the NeoSDs side?

Edit: how much time does it take to erase whatever is already flashed in memory?

around 24-30 seconds when flashing kof2003.

have tried with games of various sizes and its around the same ballpark, however flashing smaller games (ie puzzle bobble) the erase time is quicker (5 seconds) 29 seconds total..

Last edited:

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
big thumbs up to neosd and his crew..

this product is everything he said it would be...

If anyone hasn't got one yet.. what are you waiting for??.. you wont regret it..

card pic..

Bn5PUB.jpg

Link

This is a V30-certificated SD card. It seems to really make the difference...
Mine was just U3 and the one neosd was previously referring to was U1, I think. (Based on those I saw at MediaMarkt-Spain store.)

It is clear that as SD cards will get faster, NeoSD loading times will be decreased. It is at your personal speed/price ratio election. Maybe the bottleneck here is the NeoSD Flash memory speed specification.

At the end of the day, nothing to worry about. I don't care that much concerning NeoSD loading times, they are completely bearable, mainly considering flashed games are exact copies from their original counterparts. :-)

Last edited:

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
mine arrived,but wasnt at home,whas at work,get a notice in the postal box,so tomorrow i get my neosd,godthank they are open at saturday.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
Mine arrived!!!!

and I just ordered an 16GB V30 card, thanks a lot for that hint!

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
tomorrow i have my neosd,and i have an neo mvs magic converter II(green),so will post pictures and info if it works on my aes.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Just remember that you might have to hold its button in to get into the UI or constantly during flashing

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
i dont have to do that with mine,i have a 161 in 1 cart,maybe with neosd,i dont know.
but will report tomorrow.
maybe if there are problems,they can be solved with an update?
i build in a switch to put unibios off because in my neo geo is also a unibios.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
The button press on the magickey has nothing to do with unibios one the converter really, its more to do with the way the converter works and what lines it allows to travel to the cart plugged into the converter.

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
before i modded the converter i hat to push the button,now i dont have todo it anymore.
as long it works and does not damage to neo geo or converter,im happy i dont have to push that stupid button.
but for neosd it could be a different story,i will know tomorrow.
but it works fine with the 161 in 1

TMOSteel

20 Year Member

I do not believe this is accurate: what is read from the SD card still has to be written to the flash memory on the NeoSD at least once, so even if you had the fastest SD card in the world, that initial writing will be the final limiting factor.

It is clear that as SD cards will get faster, NeoSD loading times will be decreased. It is at your personal speed/price ratio election. Maybe the bottleneck here is the NeoSD Flash memory speed specification.

Faster to a point, yes, but again the hardware specifications of the NeoSD card itself will always be a factor, agreed.

I am by no means an expert on this, my specialty is PC hardware, but quit honestly I think these load times are acceptable.

I look forward to having enough $$$ after the holidays to pick one up.

Last edited:

Sceptre_JLRB

Not so MEGA, eh?
I do not beleive this is accurate: what is read from the SD card still has to be written to the flash memory on the NeoSD at least once, so even if you had the fastest SD card in the world, that intial writing will be the final limiting factor.

Faster to a point, yes, but again the hardware specifications of the NeoSD card itslef will always be a factor, agreed.

I am by no means an expert on this, my specialty is PC hardware, but quit honestly I think these load times are acceptable.

I look forward to having enough $$$ after the holidays to pick one up.

I totally agree. When one gets the awesomeness of the NeoSD, he becomes so fulfilled with excitement than any loading time at game swapping is regarded as totally trivial. :D
In fact, I'd say loading times for Super Street Fighter II on EverDrive v3 for Sega Genesis are bigger than those of our beloved KOF2003 on NeoSD.

Last edited:

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
:tickled:UHD 1 U3(30mb/s) class 10 cards are about as fast as they're going to get. If you want any faster you'll need to buy a UHD2 micro SD which is not compatible with this device. I've read many benchmark tests on the fastest sequential read speeds, and the fastest 16gb one they tested was the SanDisk extreme pro. I will report back with the timing on that one when my neosd arrives.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
My Neosd arrived finally this morning ! :D

I was looking forward to try directly that baby on my mvs converter (this is the last green version modded with a switch to disable the bios and painted in black )

With empty flash : all i get is a blue screen ,
so i put the neosd in a arcade cabinet and worked as expected :buttrock:.

I flash art of fighting and try again the mvs converter :

The game work fine with converter unibios disabled (not enabled) but as you can see , when you try to return into neosd menu , everything is a graphic mess , wich is understandable:
the menu is not designed for AES hardware .

The neosd is partly working with mvs converters!

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Ok so what your saying is it will play a game providing the NeoSD is pre flashed but you cannot flash a new game via the converter.

greatfunky

Mr. Big's Thug
Yes absolutly , you have to flash the game on a mvs slot then you can use it on the converter just like an original cart.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I like your jeans Greakspunky...

xROTx

PS. Thank you for the video...

EDIT: Over the next coming weeks... it would be nice to get a full range of cool videos in...

628b747f8ccdfb757062f36a27eedecfc2295f515c0586e05fbfb0620c0571a2.jpg

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
can you flash kof2003 and see if that game works with converter on aes? Intrested to see if the gfx are correct in fight sceene (transparent energy bars)