Page 125 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 3150

Thread: MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Banned

Wow neodev, thank you very much for the detailed answer.

But, USB 2.0 is "ideal" 480 MegaBit per second, right? Which means 60 Mega BYTES? I am confused...

Oh and FUCK DARKSOFT

I worked for over 10 years in console modding/repairing stuff. No way DS would be a conversation at that times .... neither should it be today... Be real and transparent, easy as that.

Oh and thank you for sheddig some light of that holy Neo cart slot capabilities.

@ greatfunky

I wasn't bashing loading times in general, just curious why it takes the time it takes? Type 10 SD is 10 MBytes/sec... UHD SD stuff is wayyy beyond...
    Last edited by powerflower; 01-02-2018 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Fly View Post
    Wow neodev, thank you very much for the detailed answer.

But, USB 2.0 is "ideal" 480 MegaBit per second, right? Which means 60 Mega BYTES? I am confused...

Oh and FUCK DARKSOFT

I worked for over 10 years in console modding/repairing stuff. No way DS would be a conversation at that times .... neither should it be today... Be real and transparent, easy as that.

Oh and thank you for sheddig some light of that holy Neo cart slot capabilities.

@ greatfunky

I wasn't bashing loading times in general, just curious why it takes the time it takes? Type 10 SD is 10 MBytes/sec... UHD SD stuff is wayyy beyond...
    Yes, but that is usb 2.0 high speed. Embedded MCUs usually just support up to usb 2.0 full speec, that is 12 mbit/s.

Also the sd speed doesn matter too much, as it can only be read at the speed the mcu interface works, and that is 25MHz.

That's why I said that keep in mind we are on embedded firmware constraints, there aren't ghz or gigabytes of ram available. the MCU runs at 168MHz and only has around 128kb of ram. So even if you could run a high speed usb on the mcu (with an external usb 2.0 phy) you can't achieve the maximum speed, as it has to be read and processed. You'll need to read, process, and all the data writting in just 3 cpu cycles, and that's not possible.
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo MVS & AES Flash Cart - TEAM Member

Banned

That makes sense. Good to speak with people who know their stuff. Learned something today.

¡Que tengas un buen día!

Quote Originally Posted by neodev View Post
    Yes, but that is usb 2.0 high speed. Embedded MCUs usually just support up to usb 2.0 full speec, that is 12 mbit/s.

Also the sd speed doesn matter too much, as it can only be read at the speed the mcu interface works, and that is 25MHz.

That's why I said that keep in mind we are on embedded firmware constraints, there aren't ghz or gigabytes of ram available. the MCU runs at 168MHz and only has around 128kb of ram. So even if you could run a high speed usb on the mcu (with an external usb 2.0 phy) you can't achieve the maximum speed, as it has to be read and processed. You'll need to read, process, and all the data writting in just 3 cpu cycles, and that's not possible.
    hy.
    so this means that the max Flash Speed for the neo sd has been hit by now and there are no more improvements possible?

thanks

Pupil of Bonus-Kun

hello I do not see the answer, I have neosd, support it or he will support the memory card and if he can not, can we add a physical memory card thank you in advance, I come soon order the super system 3 thanks for these happiness

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Kicking myself in the ass for waiting a whole year for DS lies to come true. No more. 1 NeoSD in the mail for me, and 1 NeoSD in the mail for a friend. I'm not waiting any longer! I would rather wait 2 mins for a game to load than 2 years for a game to load and then crash!

Crossed Swords Squire

I am thinking I am going to pick up the NeoSD for my AES as soon as I get it fixed.

NEST Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by leonk View Post
    Kicking myself in the ass for waiting a whole year for DS lies to come true. No more. 1 NeoSD in the mail for me, and 1 NeoSD in the mail for a friend. I'm not waiting any longer! I would rather wait 2 mins for a game to load than 2 years for a game to load and then crash!
    Smart decision leonk,its a fantastic product with great support.

Crossed Swords Squire

Cancelled my DS cart order over the weekend. Not a fan of the lack of communication and being told that the MVS cart is a final revision but the AES will be redesigned based on issues in the MVS cart. For that price I don't want to be a test subject.

New Challenger

Hey!

I ordered a SSDS3 system and I must say I like the support that they do when fixing the final boards and makes a new revision.
    Out of that I'm very intrested in buying a AES version of the neosd.

Got two questions.
    Are the AES version in stock ready for shipping? It says as of december 14th that they are in stock. But it can be outdated info?
    Are they compatible with a NG with a UniverseBios?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by atman View Post
    Hey!

I ordered a SSDS3 system and I must say I like the support that they do when fixing the final boards and makes a new revision.
    Out of that I'm very intrested in buying a AES version of the neosd.

Got two questions.
    Are the AES version in stock ready for shipping? It says as of december 14th that they are in stock. But it can be outdated info?
    Are they compatible with a NG with a UniverseBios?

Thanks in advance.

We have stock
    Its compatible with unibios
    Will i get 0 secconds loading times if i make a cluster of the entire size of the microsd ?

NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member

Okay guys I haven't logged in since the first major firmware update that added blood etc. Anything updated/added since then? I'd rather not read endless pages for info. Thanks!

My AES + NeoSD beauty + RGB Puckapunch retrogamingcable =>

https://www.facebook.com/AlexUnderBa...0555174028935/
    Neo Geo AES Serial# 033218 (Aes 3-3 Rev)

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    We have stock
    Its compatible with unibios
    Thanks for the reply.

One more thing I wonder about. Im quite sick of DS waiting.. And its probably gonna cost near 500EUR..

I know some of krikzz flashcards have rated for like 100 000 refreshes. Does neosd:s memory have this lifespan as well?

Calvin & Hobbes

Thanks for the reply.

One more thing I wonder about. Im quite sick of DS waiting..
    Me too.... SERIOUSLY... I've been waiting to end this affair for 3 years now...

I want it released... deal with the after effects... and move on... geez..

And its probably gonna cost near 500EUR..
    Meh... spending that on a product with little to no info... is dumb... but i think the kiddy fiddlers on his forum are hoping it's good... as they like to think that Dicksoft is the messiah and has more tech knowledge than our forum..

I know some of krikzz flashcards have rated for like 100 000 refreshes. Does neosd:s memory have this lifespan as well?
    FOOK knows... but it has been answered before...

xROTx

Thanks for the reply.

One more thing I wonder about. Im quite sick of DS waiting.. And its probably gonna cost near 500EUR..

Yes, the same applies to neosd. Each time you flash a new game, it will take a flash erase/write cycle, and the flashes support 100 000 erase cycles. We estimated that if you flash 10 different games per day, they will last around 30 years.

Also something that people forgot about DS cart is that it also uses flashes (for main program and sound program IIRC), so the same limits apply to that cart, ahthough having 3 slots to choose from increases the total lifespan, as long as the write is balanced, so despite using "infinite writes" RAM, the flashes will still wear.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

I noticed there is a new samsho V dump in MAME released a few days back. Will you add it into the next neobuilder?
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

New Challenger

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    Me too.... SERIOUSLY... I've been waiting to end this affair for 3 years now...

I want it released... deal with the after effects... and move on... geez..

Meh... spending that on a product with little to no info... is dumb... but i think the kiddy fiddlers on his forum are hoping it's good... as they like to think that Dicksoft is the messiah and has more tech knowledge than our forum..

FOOK knows... but it has been answered before...

xROTx
    Ye, the info is probably somewhere. But I haven't been around for all 125pages...
    I agree, some poll about what music should be on the cart... who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by neodev View Post
    Yes, the same applies to neosd. Each time you flash a new game, it will take a flash erase/write cycle, and the flashes support 100 000 erase cycles. We estimated that if you flash 10 different games per day, they will last around 30 years.

Also something that people forgot about DS cart is that it also uses flashes (for main program and sound program IIRC), so the same limits apply to that cart, ahthough having 3 slots to choose from increases the total lifespan, as long as the write is balanced, so despite using "infinite writes" RAM, the flashes will still wear.
    OK, thanks for the info. I'm 99.99% certain that I'll never come close to flash it 100k times during my lifetime BUT, in theory is that Flashmemory changeable? Is it one or several chips?

Calvin & Hobbes

Ye, the info is probably somewhere. But I haven't been around for all 125pages...
    Let's just say... I'm relaxing and leave it at that...

Not that i'm being a hardass about it... but if you had read the 125 pages... you'd realised there's a list of "Do's and do not do's"...

My name is mentioned a few times...

xROTx

Quote Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
    I noticed there is a new samsho V dump in MAME released a few days back. Will you add it into the next neobuilder?
    Yes, that, and the new blues journey dump that happened some months ago will be added to the next neobuilder version.

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS

That new Sam Sho V dump is a build a week earlier than the home version of the game.
    THE UNIVERSE BIOS ( MVS / AES, and now also for CD )
    www.universebios.com. Also on facebook, please like http://www.facebook.com/UniverseBios.

Armored Scrum Object

Has the last hope rom been added to neobuilder?

US Neo Geo AES system: serial #015732

MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shipwreck_00 View Post
    Has the last hope rom been added to neobuilder?
    No and it won't be. Don't ask. It was omitted at the request of NG: DEV
    Quote Originally Posted by DecepticonZero View Post
    I don't know why you're white knighting this guy, couldn't you buy the North Pole and have the elves build you anything you want?

Armored Scrum Object

Ohh ok I kinda figured as much just didn't know.

US Neo Geo AES system: serial #015732

New Challenger

Think neoSD:s menu are a bit more easier to get an hold of.
    Wonder if there is or will be support for high scores to save on the SD?

Thread Information