Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: SuperGrafx Game Compatibility Glitches - Super SD System 3

  1. #1
    Super Spy Agent
    ShootTheCore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logan UT USA

    Posts
    769

    SuperGrafx Game Compatibility Glitches - Super SD System 3

    I've been using the Super SD System 3 with my SuperGrafx system for the last couple of weeks, and I've had a few compatibility glitches that are consistent and reproducible. I've tried different rip downloads of the games and experienced the same issues. I also play with the soft reset feature disabled all the time.

    I wanted to document them here, partly so NeoDev and NeoSD can be informed, and partly to see if other SuperGrafx and PCE users are experiencing these glitches as well.

    The issues I've seen so far:

    Rayxanber III: Game resets when fighting the second level boss.

    Steam Heart's: Intro plays fine, but after starting the game, it freezes up after about 5 seconds.

  2. #2
    Neosd Developer neosd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Europe

    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheCore View Post
    I've been using the Super SD System 3 with my SuperGrafx system for the last couple of weeks, and I've had a few compatibility glitches that are consistent and reproducible. I've tried different rip downloads of the games and experienced the same issues. I also play with the soft reset feature disabled all the time.

    I wanted to document them here, partly so NeoDev and NeoSD can be informed, and partly to see if other SuperGrafx and PCE users are experiencing these glitches as well.

    The issues I've seen so far:

    Rayxanber III: Game resets when fighting the second level boss.

    Steam Heart's: Intro plays fine, but after starting the game, it freezes up after about 5 seconds.
    Hello,

    Could you open your supergrafx and see if the pcb is corrupted ?

    This is how my own supergrafx was (i noticed it cause i had issues)





    This guy had the same exact issue as me

    https://assemblergames.com/threads/p...sprites.51828/


    Worth to have a look inside there
    Will i get 0 secconds loading times if i make a cluster of the entire size of the microsd ?



    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member


  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheCore View Post
    I've been using the Super SD System 3 with my SuperGrafx system for the last couple of weeks, and I've had a few compatibility glitches that are consistent and reproducible. I've tried different rip downloads of the games and experienced the same issues. I also play with the soft reset feature disabled all the time.

    I wanted to document them here, partly so NeoDev and NeoSD can be informed, and partly to see if other SuperGrafx and PCE users are experiencing these glitches as well.

    The issues I've seen so far:

    Rayxanber III: Game resets when fighting the second level boss.

    Steam Heart's: Intro plays fine, but after starting the game, it freezes up after about 5 seconds.
    I just tried Steam Heart's and yes, it hangs when the game starts, when the characters starts talking. Looks like an ADPCM state emulation issue, should be quick to fix, as that game worked perfectly (in fact, we used the Steam Heart's intro to check the proper emulation of ADPCM streaming and in game for the voices streaming too)

    I tried Rayxanber III, but I died a ton of times before reaching boss 1, that's going to be though to test
    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo MVS & AES Flash Cart - TEAM Member


  4. #4
    Super Spy Agent
    ShootTheCore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Logan UT USA

    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by neosd View Post
    Could you open your supergrafx and see if the pcb is corrupted ?
    I actually recapped my SuperGrafx, did the jailbar fix, and gave the board a good cleaning when I got the NeoSD shipping notification because I wanted it to be ready. Here's pics of my board. I didn't see any trace corrosion issues. I imagine that if I had hardware issues, I'd probably be seeing a lot more problems than just those two games - I haven't had problems with any other titles across many, many hours of gameplay.

    IMG_4465.jpgIMG_1640.jpg
    Last edited by ShootTheCore; Today at 04:56 PM.

  5. #5
    Neosd Developer neosd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Europe

    Posts
    778
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheCore View Post
    I actually recapped my SuperGrafx, did the jailbar fix, and gave the board a good cleaning when I got the NeoSD shipping notification because I wanted it to be ready. Here's pics of my board. I didn't see any trace corrosion issues. I imagine that if I had hardware issues, I'd probably be seeing a lot more problems than just those two games - I haven't had problems with any other titles across many, many hours of gameplay.

    IMG_4465.jpgIMG_1640.jpg
    Yes, it looks like a software issue, neosd was able to reproduce it and its working on it. I just wanted to rule out the hardware issue cause there was a gap of weird flux on my supergrafx pcb so after seeing the assemblergames post i thought this may be an issue others may have.

    If you want to speed up the procedure, send us an email with your serial number to contact@neosdstore.*** we should have a firmware update soon.

    Thanks
    Will i get 0 secconds loading times if i make a cluster of the entire size of the microsd ?



    NEOSD - The ONLY Neo Geo AES & MVS Flash Cart - TEAM Member


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •