Ethernet Question

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hey guys what do you call the little black piece that some ethernet connector/ends have that align the colors before crimping. You could see them inside some ethernet cables.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Hey guys what do you call the little black piece that some ethernet connector/ends have that align the colors before crimping. You could see them inside some ethernet cables.

Hey Razo,

Are you talking about a load bar?

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I do not think that particular piece has a name, because (unless I am misunderstanding) not all RJ-45 plugs have it as an independent piece. Some (most?) have it included in the plug itself. In fact, I have never seen a plug that includes such piece, but I have seen cables (professionally assembled, mostly CAT6) that have it. BTW: why you need such name?

Regards.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
That's it. Thanks bro

No problem. I'm actually gonna have to do some Ethernet cable work next Friday at work. We're rearranging our office and separating our workstations from our testing computers so we can have a dedicated test area for our game builds. I suggested we get bulk cable since I've worked with it before and trying to use connectors to get the right lengths would be a PITA. Not to mention, since it's gonna be going up into the ceiling, it's just asking for trouble.