Policenauts translation patch for Sega Saturn is out!

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I have the English translation version working on Rhea if anyone needs it.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Figured bumping this thread is a good idea. This patch completely went under my radar until I happened to come across it on Youtube yesterday. I am so glad they patched it for the Saturn. My PS1 with mod-chip hates CD-Rs sooo damn much and had multiple crashes playing it. The Saturn with a mod-chip will play anything you put in it. Also, this is the best version of the game as well and will definitely be buying a virtua gun.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
this is awesome. I had no idea this was even a thing. They didn't do one for Snatcher on Saturn, did they??

Still wish Soul Hackers wasn't abandoned :'(

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
i know its bootleg as fuck, but i have a pal that has been making some of these as an english playable game. it works great in my stock saturn and even comes with the ost on disc. he did a pretty decent job of it- printed disc art and all. I can find out if he's still doing them.

Spoiler:

lYpKYrZ.jpg

U4anhDt.jpg

SzEj5GA.jpg

VOhyfKz.jpg

aMYptAS.jpg

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
That's the english game? Yea, where can I get that?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
And those disks work on a non modded Saturn?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
this is awesome. I had no idea this was even a thing. They didn't do one for Snatcher on Saturn, did they??

Didn't Soul Hackers get remade for 3DS. I know it's not the same as playing the Saturn original but it must be pretty close.

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert
Wow, he will definitely be hearing from me soonish. I am all for actual disc pressings over CDRs, so I don't have to wear my laser lenses out.

Kevin Dengler btw, sent group join

Last edited:

SNKNostalgia

Avid Neo-Expert

No Snatcher translation for NEC Duo (in the works, but looks abandoned), PS1 and Saturn. Honestly, Sega CD is the best port anyway. I have played the Saturn JP port I have and it is OK, but just isn't as good.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
No Snatcher translation for NEC Duo (in the works, but looks abandoned), PS1 and Saturn. Honestly, Sega CD is the best port anyway. I have played the Saturn JP port I have and it is OK, but just isn't as good.
yeah but fuck thats like the only game i would ever want to play on a Sega CD. i did get it emulated before i think

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Didn't Soul Hackers get remade for 3DS. I know it's not the same as playing the Saturn original but it must be pretty close.

The 3DS version is better, to be honest. Faster battles (this was a big thing for me), improved UI and menus, some other little things.

Did the original Devil Summoner ever get a fan translation? Wouldn't mind playing that.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Fuck yes I says!

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Nice work! I'd love to try the Saturn patch. They did a straight up quality job with the PlayStation version.

On Snatcher, while I agree the Sega CD version satisfies this need rather well, I would still be 100% in for a translation of the PC-Engine or PS/SAT ports.