Anyone making MVS Labels

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I need a label. Tried contacting CGX and Xorthern but no response. I forgot who made me a nice Kizuna Encounter label awhile back with a semi gloss.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Quan always made me some sweet labels not sure if he still does them though.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
RAZO, i have label you are looking after (high quality vinyl ). Are you also looking for some other labels?

Let me know.

yami

Mr. Big's Thug
Hi,
I'm also interested in MVS labels seen in this article:

https://retromegabit.com/2015/02/22/neo-geo-mvs-label-restoration-for-11-new-games/

neo-geo-mvs-carts-with-new-labels-05.jpg

Sent a PM to shadowkn55 but without success.
Any alternative?

Thanks

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Yeah it was shadowkn55 who made the labels pictured above. He does an amazing job. The print shop he uses changed materials a little while back and the labels aren't as glossy anymore but they are still really good.

Give him some more time to respond. Great guy to deal with. I've bought many from him.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'm curious how people feel if they're going into replacements.

Would you prefer something that looks 1:1 to the original pretty much like the above, or if your label is thrashed, would you like a nice spread out color mock up kind of like a micro AES type design? I keep thinking about that myself as I tend to grab cheap carts so the labels tend to be cracked, some written on a little, a few tears, Japanese on a couple too, and I know I have one that's a replacement for Spin Master. I do have some that are still really solid as well I'd just say leave be.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Yeah it was shadowkn55 who made the labels pictured above. He does an amazing job. The print shop he uses changed materials a little while back and the labels aren't as glossy anymore but they are still really good.

Give him some more time to respond. Great guy to deal with. I've bought many from him.

I haven't heard anything back from him for couple weeks.................

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,

Would you prefer something that looks 1:1 to the original pretty much like the above, or if your label is thrashed, would you like a nice spread out color mock up kind of like a micro AES type design? I keep thinking about that myself as I tend to grab cheap carts so the labels tend to be cracked, some written on a little, a few tears, Japanese on a couple too, and I know I have one that's a replacement for Spin Master. I do have some that are still really solid as well I'd just say leave be.

I just do the typical ones on the carts I have where the label was already gone and someone put on a paper label. The color ones are neat but I'm a goob and put all mine in shockboxes anyways and like kidpanda says you can't see the label while they are in your cab :-)

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

I only replace a label if it's completely messed up or has a ugly fake one. I prefer the look of the original labels over a color custom one but that's just me.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member

I've seen the color 'micro AES' type labels and they do look good. I was going to go that route at one point but when I discovered shadowkn55's labels and heard how good the quality is I changed my mind. In the end I do prefer that my repro labels look like originals.

So I will stick with these shadowkn55 authentic looking labels until shadowkn55 starts producing his AES style MVS replacement shells. I love them and I hope they become a reality. If they do, I'll replace all my shells.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-shells-preview&highlight=mvs+aes+style+shell

But I can totally understand why someone would want the color style labels. They are cool.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I've seen the color 'micro AES' type labels and they do look good. I was going to go that route at one point but when I discovered shadowkn55's labels and heard how good the quality is I changed my mind. In the end I do prefer that my repro labels look like originals.

So I will stick with these shadowkn55 authentic looking labels until shadowkn55 starts producing his AES style MVS replacement shells. I love them and I hope they become a reality. If they do, I'll replace all my shells.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...-shells-preview&highlight=mvs+aes+style+shell

But I can totally understand why someone would want the color style labels. They are cool.

If he does produce them, what will you do with all the original shells and labels?

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I would sell them here. I'm not sure what empty shells sell for but I know people do sell them from time to time.
I don't know how hard or easy it would be to unload lots of them (about 100) but I would not toss them. They're original and need to have a good home; even though most are gamer condition (with nice repro labels!).

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I would sell them here. I'm not sure what empty shells sell for but I know people do sell them from time to time.
I don't know how hard or easy it would be to unload lots of them (about 100) but I would not toss them. They're original and need to have a good home; even though most are gamer condition (with nice repro labels!).

Ok, I was just curious. I love the look of Quan's mvs shells but I'm afraid if these new shells come out, some people might discard the old boring shells. I know most people who buy mvs don't really care for the old shells. I would rather preserve the look of the originals by keeping the pcb's with the original shell, label, and even serial number. Now I have no problem with someone replacing a beat up shell or broken shell and fake label with one of Quan's custom shells, that's fine.

Last edited:

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I know where you're coming from. I'm also a bit conflicted about changing the cartridge so much. I would be taking something authentic and fully functional and changing it. Almost all of my carts are scuffed-up and scratched. And I've only replaced labels that were already damaged (really worn out, cut-out serials, torn, etc). And I haven't replaced labels that have serial numbers.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It's all good. It's your stuff and you could do whatever you want with it. I just wanted to make my point.

I could see guys in the future getting rid of nice condition carts and labels just so they could get their mvs carts to look like aes carts.

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
NOVUS 1-3, various sandpaper grits & a buffer is what I'm going to do to restore the MVS shells James did this & they looked spanking new.

I got a whole set of colored labels printed by a friend so I'm good for now.

Would be nice to see some cart shell options in the future. Back on topic RAZO I'm don't know anybody doing labels atm. Its crazy as much demand for the games are, you think they would be more options.

im only doing this to MVS games that have severely damaged labels or repros, so no harm done.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
NOVUS 1-3, various sandpaper grits & a buffer is what I'm going to do to restore the MVS shells James did this & they looked spanking new.

I got a whole set of colored labels printed by a friend so I'm good for now.

Would be nice to see some cart shell options in the future. Back on topic RAZO I'm don't know anybody doing labels atm. Its crazy as much demand for the games are, you think they would be more options.

im only doing this to MVS games that have severely damaged labels or repros, so no harm done.

Yea, I'm good Marty. Liquid Snake is hooking me up with the label I need on the house. I was going to print a JNX label on sticker paper which comes out pretty good as I have done it before but I prefer a little gloss to my label and I've tried on glossy sticker paper but it always smears. I would probably need a laser printer but all I have is a inkjet.

aku

Loyal Neo-Disciple
i tested a few products, these are the best so far - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006GCBT4W/

tip: you can edit the serials in JNX *.tifs very easy f.e. via photoshop, no need to print them with the NGH number. most of the time i use them as templates, but i put some effort (~ 15 mins) into making them look as close to the original as possible...(similiar font of serials, same texts as the original etc.)
"i dont need labels often, but when i do, i need them to be 1:1" :)