MVC Cps2 Severed Trace

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I have a MVC board that has garbled graphics. Sound seems to be fine but the graphics are all messed up. I found 2 severed traces underneath one of the roms. Everytime I touch the severed trace with my finger the graphics move around.

I also tried reseating all the roms but still no bueno. I'm pretty sure the severed trace is what's causing the problem. Is this fixable or is the board junk.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You can try doing a jumper wire from a point before the sever to another place further down the line.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
If you can trace out where the end points of that trace are, or even from one component to another that spans the break, you can always drop in a jumper wire for testing. Also makes it easier to remove if the problem is something else.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I never fixed a arcade board before so forgive my noobness. Now the broken traces are located underneath the 11th position which I think is one of the sound roms if I'm not mistaken. Would I run two jumpers from the top of the board where I could see the broken traces or the bottom of the board?

Last edited:

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
I never fixed a arcade board before so forgive my noobness. Now the broken traces are located underneath the 11th position which I think is one of the sound roms if I'm not mistaken. Would I run two jumpers from the top of the board where I could see the broken traces or the bottom of the board?

Bottom is probably easier to attach them to the points, but technically you could jump them on either side.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Could I run a jumper from the beginnING of the trace to the end of the trace. Or does it have to be at the point of the break?

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Could I run a jumper from the beginnING of the trace to the end of the trace. Or does it have to be at the point of the break?

You can run a jumper from the beginning of the trace to the end, yeah.