Samurai Shodown II & Rum

PolluxTroy

Famous & Dangerous.,
It's all I really care about. When I'm playing any other game, in the back of my head I'm thinking about Samurai Showdown II.

Well, I'm also thinking about having a drink. My seat there on the corner. Ice in my glass, the burn of that rum going down. Shiiiiit.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
I would have put a reply down if this was in the Warroom... ooh shjeeeet.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I always turf against others with a good wine at hand and when that wind blows (shiiiit)... this one slug of red is soothing my blood just fine. And then both, the color & the haema, remind me of SamSho I. I:conic.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I just set up online rooms in SS1 on PS3 and SS2 on 360 and I see this shit. Puts a smile on my face.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
that's a good combo there, pollux. i used to get drunk off rum and sit in the arcades playing fighters all day. good times.

So Samsho 2 is the one in the series I missed, is the appeal the dodging system's addition to the gameplay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
tequila is my get hype/crazy drink if i wanna party, whiskey is more chill/hangout and rum is what i drink before i go out deep sea fishing. I only drink rum if im gonna be on a boat just to get the spirit of Captain Morigan. Or if im drinking a long island.

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
SS2 and some Rum sound like a fantastic combo! Gonna give it a go and let you know how it goes!

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
So Samsho 2 is the one in the series I missed, is the appeal the dodging system's addition to the gameplay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you fucking telling me you played SSVS but not SSII? Go now and immedately buy it, it's the best game in the series and the quality to price ratio on MVS and AES is insanely good.

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
I've been looking for a good excuse to try the new Jim Beam Apple bourbon and Samurai Shodown II would probably make the perfect excuse. I've never been much for Rum after drinking way too much of it at a party when I was a teen. ;)

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
Samurai Shodown II was my favorite game when I was an undergrad about 20 years ago.
I remember getting to the arcade/game cave at school when it opened, going for pitchers of beer when the bar opened, and then back to the arcade to play Samurai Shodown II.
Fun times!

Now some rum or scotch and games sounds like a perfect combo.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I find alcohol makes me awful at games. Samurai Shodown II and a can of Rock Star sounds much better. Maybe I'm just drinking the wrong alcohol, I will have to give Rum and Neo a try.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
When i get super drunk I sometimes become a drunken master. Whooping ppl and talking funny shit the whole time lol

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
When i get super drunk I sometimes become a drunken master. Whooping ppl and talking funny shit the whole time lol

do you play as chin when you're a drunken master,aj? :keke:.

177433730_m.jpg

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
When I used to get drunk playing games I either sucked or was totally cutthroat. IRL I lost control of my strength. I deal with Fibromyalgia which causes nerve pain everywhere. If I drink the nerve pain goes away. So... kinda a drunken master if you watched the Jackie Chan original movie.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
do you play as chin when you're a drunken master,aj? :keke:.

View attachment 40301

:lolz: Or Cheng-Fu, perhaps...

latest

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Im not a chin player, im more of a jakie chan drunk master when i get drunk. And unfortunately i hardly ever get to play snk games with my friends, its usually Tekken Tag 2 or modern fighters. But the shit talk is strong, especially since I dont play those games as much like i used to. "Damn, you guys better beat me, I dont even play this and im drunk as fuck!!!! You guys fuckin suck dick!!...." lol

Last edited:

BigDeadFreak

Rugal's Thug
Damn, you just made me pour myself a large rum. Kraken Spiced Rum, perfect on a cold winters night.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Damn, you just made me pour myself a large rum. Kraken Spiced Rum, perfect on a cold winters night.

When it comes to rum im no expert but man do I like kraken.

Normally for me its Bourbon. And im feeling some turkey coming on.

J-Burns

n00b
I've been looking for a good excuse to try the new Jim Beam Apple bourbon and Samurai Shodown II would probably make the perfect excuse. I've never been much for Rum after drinking way too much of it at a party when I was a teen. ;)
funny that I come across this thread as im doing this nearly exact thing....except its regular jim because I dont fruit my bourbon.

todosnk

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
I bought this game as soon as it was released, took me months to save for it. I still remember how good it looked on the arcades, and still does nowadays. My favorite in the series without doubt. Great gameplay, lots of well done stories and characters, long and even more difficult when playing on a JP AES.

Has someone been able to find out how to fight kuroko up to now? It looks very, very random.
I have also seen at times Kim Kaphwan moving across some of the backgrounds during gameplay. Still wondering why and if there is any kind of trick to fight against him. Nothing has come up to now so I guess its just a wink to the FF series :)