Non-working Truxton PCB

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Anyone see anything visibly wrong with this board? Is this sort of hardware normally repairable, or is there any common flaw that makes them beyond repair?

Sorry it's not a great picture, but it's what I've got

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
You could maybe reflow the custom chip. If that is shot, it's done. Word to the wise, don't buy broken Toaplan or Raizing boards. You most likely will not be able to fix them.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Is this the one on KLOV that's priced as if it's working?

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Is this the one on KLOV that's priced as if it's working?

It's on KLOV, and priced at $125 or something. Isn't a working board more than double that?

I'm not real familiar with Tatsujin/Truxton (or Ou/II) prices, but I've heard Tatsujin Ou is $600+, the original is at least half that, and the Truxtons are slightly but not much cheaper. Not really my wheelhouse, but I figured it'd be fun to try if it was cheap enough.

You could maybe reflow the custom chip. If that is shot, it's done. Word to the wise, don't buy broken Toaplan or Raizing boards. You most likely will not be able to fix them.

Ok, I kinda figured maybe bad surface mount joints, but it sounds like it's probably not worth the risk. Thank you very much for the tip!

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
yea I had a bum Tatsujin board (missing and/or glitched sprites) and the fix was reflow/check all points on the custom chip.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What exactly isn't working? You mean like it doesn't boot? Also is the screen black or is there at least garbage?