Thread: Hi guys !

Bashful Neophyte

icon91.gif Hi guys !

Hi, I'm a french 38 years old guy. I freshly moved to the US. I've been into gaming for many years, and used to play to Ghouls n Ghosts, Road Blaster or Final Fight in amusement parks when I was a kid. I'd go then to play to Street Fighter 2 in a bar as a teenager, but I had no real access to neo geos cabinets until a few years later. I knew the AES, we used to call it there the "consoles' Rolls Royce" that made all of us gamers dream of having the 330 MEGA POWER hooked up to our TVs ! When I had a chance to play neo geo games it was amazing. Fatal Fury, View Point, KOF, Metal Slug, etc... So many great games !

Back in 2006 I had my first cabinet, it was an european cab with a bootleg SF2' in it. It was like I was living a dream... An arcade cabinet at home ! And I bought more games like TMNT, Two Crude Dudes, MK1 and 2, and then CPS2 games. And I got my first mvs motherboards. 1, 4 and even a 6 slot in a time where you didn't have to sell a kidney to grab one
    I own around 40 games and it's a real blessing.
    Later I sold this cabinet and bought a japanese cab : the New Net city. Tri-sync screen, sanwa controls, etc. Candy cabs are pretty famous and easier to find than in the US (at least on the West coast) and look great

But recently I've seen an ad for MVS cabinets very close to my home, and I ended up buying 3... which was unplanned. But I had an offer I couldn't refuse ! So here I am with my MVS cabinets (all have issues that I'm trying to fix), a MVS-4 ver3, a MVS-4 and a MVS-2. BTW if one of you lives in RI I could use some help -rewards in beers !

Anyway I'm glad to be part of this community, see ya guys !
    Last edited by taggy; 10-07-2016 at 04:02 PM.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

welcome. why did you move to the US?

Bashful Neophyte

Love, man. Love

Gandalf Of Gibberish

hey guys
    Quote Originally Posted by madman View Post
    white people shit is worthless .

NEST Puppet

Hey, nice intro taggy. Welcome aboard to and the US! I would take you up on the beers, but I'm in the middle of the country and don't know dick about arcade machines.

赤裸裸的汽車人

Oh man, you better play it safe and not ever run into trouble or make yourself stick out. Your username would be real easy to change if you know what I mean.
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

Rot.
    Rot.
    Rot.

Welcome to my websight.

Paris-Dakar Rally Driver
    Dakar 2003

Salut Taggy,

Heureux de voir que d'autres trentenaires craquent impulsivement pour cette superbe console.
    Moi c'était 2 MVS que je vais consoliser et surtout raccorder ŕ mon plasma :-)

Welcome

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by Tripredacus View Post
    Oh man, you better play it safe and not ever run into trouble or make yourself stick out. Your username would be real easy to change if you know what I mean.
    I really don't get this warning and what's wrong with my username... ???

Calvin & Hobbes

Quote Originally Posted by taggy View Post
    I really don't get this warning and what's wrong with my username... ???
    I like shaggy... or even... faggy...

Lasso Champion

Welcome taggy! Enjoy the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rot View Post
    I like shaggy... or even... faggy...
    the latter would fit loverboy here better

Astra Superstar

Nice to meet you man. Welcome to the site!

超えるべき奴がいる。

北斗神拳は無敵だ。

Playa'

Welcome to the US of A

赤裸裸的汽車人

Everything's turning up Milhoooooo--~ :\
    Official Chat: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

dude, you're awful at this, you didn't even tried.

Welcome to the US! I'm new to the site as well, so new I can't even start my own hello thread.

Quote Originally Posted by taggy View Post
    Hi, I'm a french 38 years old guy. I freshly moved to the US. I've been into gaming for many years, and used to play to Ghouls n Ghosts, Road Blaster or Final Fight in amusement parks when I was a kid. I'd go then to play to Street Fighter 2 in a bar as a teenager, but I had no real access to neo geos cabinets until a few years later. I knew the AES, we used to call it there the "consoles' Rolls Royce" that made all of us gamers dream of having the 330 MEGA POWER hooked up to our TVs ! When I had a chance to play neo geo games it was amazing. Fatal Fury, View Point, KOF, Metal Slug, etc... So many great games !

Back in 2006 I had my first cabinet, it was an european cab with a bootleg SF2' in it. It was like I was living a dream... An arcade cabinet at home ! And I bought more games like TMNT, Two Crude Dudes, MK1 and 2, and then CPS2 games. And I got my first mvs motherboards. 1, 4 and even a 6 slot in a time where you didn't have to sell a kidney to grab one
    I own around 40 games and it's a real blessing.
    Later I sold this cabinet and bought a japanese cab : the New Net city. Tri-sync screen, sanwa controls, etc. Candy cabs are pretty famous and easier to find than in the US (at least on the West coast) and look great

But recently I've seen an ad for MVS cabinets very close to my home, and I ended up buying 3... which was unplanned. But I had an offer I couldn't refuse ! So here I am with my MVS cabinets (all have issues that I'm trying to fix), a MVS-4 ver3, a MVS-4 and a MVS-2. BTW if one of you lives in RI I could use some help -rewards in beers !

Anyway I'm glad to be part of this community, see ya guys !
    Welcome, my wife is a French teacher and I proposed to her in Paris!

Lasso Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Rayner View Post
    Welcome, my wife is a French teacher and I proposed to her in Paris!
    Dude..... Come on.............
    Quote Originally Posted by gusmoney View Post
    "[M]ost agggressive gaming sites" has to be one of the strangest statements I have ever heard.

A bunch of forty-something video-gaming nerds that are only keyboard commandos and mostly sedate pussies any other hour of the day cannot really be all that aggressive, can they? (My self included.)

I love the lads here, this forum in general, and the mentality but lets not kid ourselves about this being some sort of dark web tough corner of the world.

Thread Information