Drowning in Fightsticks

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can lend some advice on how to solve my issue. Currently I play games on a Supergun which uses the Neo Geo joysticks as well as on the PS3 and PS4 and sometimes PC.

I am currently under a pile of joysticks:
- Hori Kai PS4/PS3/PC
- Hori RAP PS3/PC
- Some cheap Hori PS3 stick
- 2x Neo Geo CD Pads
- Neo Geo AES Stick
- Neo Geo Kidney Bean stick
- Hori Marvel v Capcom PS3 stick modded for Neo.
- WWE PS3 stick modded for Neo.

This is just too much. I want 2 sticks and that's all but I want them to be able to do PS3/PS4/PC/Neo Geo - or at the very least as many of them as possible.

Are there any PCBs that can do this? Converters? Something.... please.

Perhaps there are some mods that can be done? I'm at the point where I'm happy to offload the stuff I have and pay for a couple of well made bespoke sticks - just need to know if it can be done or what options I have as everything these days just seems to have a Brooks board in it which means my beloved Neo misses out.

Thanks,

Caliburn89

Kabuki Klasher
It would be a mess of wires and you'd be splicing wires to output to the PCB for USB and the correct pin for DB15, but I dont see why you couldn't have both a DB15 and a USB connector.

Probably easier to just have 2 sticks for Neo, and 2 for PC and cull what you don't want, since you already have them. No reason to complicate things.

I did just build 2 sticks for my Windy Gaming™ ATP-300 Supergun that came today using Tek Innovations cases and those Chinese DB15 Neo-Geo connectors. I also thought about giving it PC and PS3/4 usability since it seems like a waste to have it only for the super gun but I figure it can be easily modded in should I chose.

Maybe I'm just being retarded.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If money were unlimited I'd install a Brook universal PCB into your stick of choice and also wire a DB15 jack to it. Boom, all the systems you want, one stick. The PCBs are $80 though.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
this is easy peasy. I've done something similar for people on this forum. I'm on Facebook (facebook.com/lemonyvengeance) if you need pics.

Thanks Lemony. Is this something you would be interested in doing? If so, the issue really is cost - sending sticks to you (I'd want 2 done), parts, your time and sending them back. If we did this I'm actually thinking it might be more cost effective to build the 2 sticks from scratch with a stick kit/case, pcb, joystick and buttons and I can move on/sell these sticks locally. Thoughts? Want stick kits/case have you used/recommend? Thanks.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
You can alway come up with a solution like this on a stick of your choosing.

I used a Dreamcast stick for the mod. That way I can play it on my DC and Neo / SuperGun.
It's ideal for CPS2 fighting games. If I want to play it on the DC, I just have to plug it's respective cable.

Do/ask someone to do something like this for you. It's pretty simple and clean.

Photo0132.jpg
Photo0129.jpg

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
You can alway come up with a solution like this on a stick of your choosing.

I used a Dreamcast stick for the mod. That way I can play it on my DC and Neo / SuperGun.
It's ideal for CPS2 fighting games. If I want to play it on the DC, I just have to plug it's respective cable.

Do/ask someone to do something like this for you. It's pretty simple and clean.

View attachment 39734

That's great, makes me miss the DC so much. Been trying to get something happening locally but might need to contact Lemony directly.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Use a PS2 stick for everything with converters.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Tremedous job Atro, that looks very clean and pro!

To the OP, you're not drowning in sticks yet bud, not by a long shot.

dagoto19

n00b
Brooks recently announced a PS3/PS4 to Neo Geo converter.
They're only 45 bucks so about the same price for say an Undamned USB converter.
But they won't ship until early 2017. I believe they were available to try out this past weekend at SoCal Regionals but I couldn't make the trip to see it with my own eyes.
Pre-orders are up at ArcadeShock's website if you're interested.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Brooks recently announced a PS3/PS4 to Neo Geo converter.
They're only 45 bucks so about the same price for say an Undamned USB converter.
But they won't ship until early 2017. I believe they were available to try out this past weekend at SoCal Regionals but I couldn't make the trip to see it with my own eyes.
Pre-orders are up at ArcadeShock's website if you're interested.

Yeah I saw that. Seems expensive for what it is tho. I can pick up used Neo controllers for that much but am definitely interested in getting one/testing one out. Thanks again.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I am in exactly the same boat I just want one or two sticks to cover everything. I have pre-ordered the brook PS3/4 to Neo converter and will get a Hori RAP 4 Kai in the new year. I'll probably swap the stick and buttons to Sanwa with an octogate and replace the artwork. I still need a stick for my dreamcast though so I might get the official one to cover that.

I'll post my thoughts on the product when it arrives, it is just what I was after since I don't fancy modding a stick for Neo.

I was looking at custom sticks but they can get pretty expensive, I used to own Chun-li TE s stick for PS3 a few years back and really regret selling it.

Last edited:

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
I've got a Hori RAP 4 Kai as well. Besides adding an octogate I added a larger actuator and a bigger spring for a shorter and tighter throw. I loved the old Neo sticks and my Hori sort of feels like one now.

I'm contemplating the Brooks PS3/4 to Neo converter. I just wish there was a review out there or a YouTube video on it.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i use one of those cronus max thingies to convert my xbox 360 HRAP SE for use on ps4. it works great, not the prettiest solution since you need a very specific usb multiport hub (which is sold on there website) to trick the ps4 into not timing out the connection every 10 minutes, but other than looking a bit jumbled with wires it works awesome, and supports all of this generation and the past generation of systems.

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Still can't figure out what I want to do. My PS3 sticks are probably my favourites and I want to use them on Neo Geo, PS2 and DC. Hmmm!

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Brook Universal board + MC chthulhu board + DB15 or undamned decoder
you will have ability to play most systems plus be able to use it on a supergun/aes. The undamned decoder is cool cause you can easily map your buttons

Abit expensive if your starting without either of these boards though

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
Looks like Jansens Customs hit a snag with the MC Cthulu with USB support. If he sells them as a legacy type universal stick mod I'll pick a couple up and use it for PS1, PS2, Neo and Dreamcast if I can find someone to build cables.

trenton_net

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I had a similar problem as the OP, so I just used a Brooks universal fight board to solve everything. Here is what the inside looks like:

unnamed.jpg

Dahun72

NEST Puppet
I had a similar problem as the OP, so I just used a Brooks universal fight board to solve everything. Here is what the inside looks like:

unnamed.jpg

Looks great but you're not playing Neo Geo and Playstation 1 and 2 with that, right?

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
no, looks like hes playing pc, ps 3/4, 360 and xbone. Thats all the UFB can do, without and adapter

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
You could either use an undamned decoder and input that into Neogeo and build a project box with a PSX PCB in it, or punch a hole and add a discrete output connector and go from there.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
this might be a dumb question but: what are all those buttons for anyway? 8 on the upside (what game needs more than 6?) and 8 in the back? why?