PSVR thoughts. Anyone have experience with VR?

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Oculus CV1 definitely has more accurate tracking than PSVR, at least for 60hz reprojected games on the latter.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Planning to get this any other cool VR games worth picking up? Do i need a PS4 pro?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...r&cm_re=playstation_vr-_-79-261-743-_-Product

You don't need a Pro but it is a noticeable improvement over a vanilla PS4.

Tetris Effect and/or Rez Infinite. Great games that use VR really well.
Astro Bot Rescue Mission is supposed to be good if you're in to that kind of thing (3D platformer).
Beat Saber is a great rhythm game that just came out on PS4 today apparently. Half the fun of that game is adding random ass songs in to the PC version which you obviously can't do on console so your mileage may vary.
Job Simulator's cheeky and fun but it's more a thing to show off to people who come visit you than it is a full-fledged game experience.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
ive done some good damage to my controllers playing Beat Saber. The base songs are amazing, but the custom songs are surprisingly awesome.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
My kids are playing the shit out of some Job Simulator, but they're all 10 and under. Astro Bot is cool, but I've only played it briefly. Skyrim is what you would expect, Skyrim in VR. Picked up a couple of shooters and an aim controller, but may wait until xmas for the kids. Driving games are all well done. I probably like Dirt Rally the best. GTSport isn't bad but the VR mode is very limited. I also play with a wheel and pedals so it was a fun experience before I put the PC only wheel on my wheel stand.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I had a PSVR but it made me nauseous after a few minutes. I usually never get nauseous (car, trains, fun park attractions...anything) but this did me in, I had to sell it.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
PSVR is headphones for your eyes. Agrees well with me though, I don't get sick from using it.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
My kids are playing the shit out of some Job Simulator, but they're all 10 and under. Astro Bot is cool, but I've only played it briefly. Skyrim is what you would expect, Skyrim in VR. Picked up a couple of shooters and an aim controller, but may wait until xmas for the kids. Driving games are all well done. I probably like Dirt Rally the best. GTSport isn't bad but the VR mode is very limited. I also play with a wheel and pedals so it was a fun experience before I put the PC only wheel on my wheel stand.

I was thinking of getting some racing games. Is it a pain in the ass to hookup and remove the VR headset or better off just buying two. One dedicated for my "racing rig"

Tetris sounds like a blast. You dont need a tv to play VR games right?

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I was thinking of getting some racing games. Is it a pain in the ass to hookup and remove the VR headset or better off just buying two. One dedicated for my "racing rig"

Tetris sounds like a blast. You dont need a tv to play VR games right?

It's not a pain to move it around.
I would recommend placing a fan in your racing rig. The wind blowing on you helps with VR sickness and adds a little sense of speed.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Definitely not a pain to move. Maybe see about getting another control box or whatever its called so you can have one for each console then just plug in the headset when needed. Not sure if they sell them separately, also a second camera may not be a bad idea.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Farpoint and Wipeout are must haves for the PSVR imo.

The sickness thing is real, Its basically motion sickness but you can condition yourself to it.

Ginger biscuits help to :)

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
I had a few beers before I ever tried the kit, it helped me warm up a bit.

A few of my favorite titles so far:

- Farpoint
- Here They Lie
- Paranormal Activity
- Resident Evil VII
- Thumper
- Wipeout

I would also recommend giving Rec Room a try, it's free on PSN, cross platform, and free to play online (if you don't have Plus).

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Thanks guys i bought a bunch of cheap games.

Got the Creed & Super Hot bundle. Battlezone, VR World, Drive Club, & Astrobot. Also picked up Starwars Battlefront 2, i heard there is a VR mode on that.

How is Catch & Release? What about Job Simulator for the kids?

Didn't care for Skyrim but i think it might be pretty cool in VR. Most definitely going to pick up Tetris Effect for Christmas or when it goes up for sale.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
What about Job Simulator for the kids?

Didn't care for Skyrim but i think it might be pretty cool in VR.
My nephews love Job Simulator. It's a pretty shallow but fun game, I assume you're going to purchase a digital copy? Last I checked the physical copy was selling for boatloads of money. :eek:

I could never get into some of those late era Elder Scrolls games. I played Oblivion and quit after the tutorial cave, and briefly tried Skyrim but found it boring. Skyrim came with my PSVR when I bought it used, and it has been a fantastic experience. The immersion of the game and enemy scaling from the flat version are quite intense. My only complaint is after a long day of work you have to sit through a bunch of shit to load the game and get into it, it's not really a pick up and play title. I usually do 2-3 hour nights with this game to try and do light questing and exploration. Just the levelling up/upgrade on VR is worth the price of admission for me. :-J

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
Seriously.

Area X is the best experience.

Im going to wait for rez 2 before i buy a psvr. Playing Area X for the first time on my standard tv, however, was one of the single most satisfying gaming experiences i have ever had.

I was standing up a foot away from the tv trying to dive in.

Area X is not difficult enough. Thats my only criticism.

yzrider926

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Got the Creed & Super Hot bundle. Battlezone, VR World, Drive Club, & Astrobot. Also picked up Starwars Battlefront 2, i heard there is a VR mode on that.

How is Catch & Release? What about Job Simulator for the kids?

Didn't care for Skyrim but i think it might be pretty cool in VR. Most definitely going to pick up Tetris Effect for Christmas or when it goes up for sale.

It's actually the first Battlefront that had a VR mode. Not sure if Battlefront 2 has one.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
It's not a pain to move it around.
I would recommend placing a fan in your racing rig. The wind blowing on you helps with VR sickness and adds a little sense of speed.

Definitely not a pain to move. Maybe see about getting another control box or whatever its called so you can have one for each console then just plug in the headset when needed. Not sure if they sell them separately, also a second camera may not be a bad idea.

Yeah decided to open the VR and man that's a lot of cables to plug & unplug. I would have been better off buying two VR sets if im planning to dedicate one for racing setup...Good thing i didn't though, i tried Driveclub VR and that thing fucked me up for almost 2plus hours for just doing one race...i feel like shit right now & i dont think ill do the racing ever again. GT Sport & Dirt Rally the same?

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Wipeout is prob the best racer i have played if you feel ill try eating some ginger biscuits first or taking travel sickness tablets.

Once you get used to it then its ok.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Yeah decided to open the VR and man that's a lot of cables to plug & unplug. I would have been better off buying two VR sets if im planning to dedicate one for racing setup...Good thing i didn't though, i tried Driveclub VR and that thing fucked me up for almost 2plus hours for just doing one race...i feel like shit right now & i dont think ill do the racing ever again. GT Sport & Dirt Rally the same?

babysteps.
ride some roller coasters or other small experiences to get your VR legs.
get a fan hooked up. seriously. it helps.

VR sickness is primarily from a disconnect between your brain and movement in the game. This is why most games use teleport to move.
Driving out of bounds and into walls will exacerbate the issue.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
babysteps.
ride some roller coasters or other small experiences to get your VR legs.
get a fan hooked up. seriously. it helps.

VR sickness is primarily from a disconnect between your brain and movement in the game. This is why most games use teleport to move.
Driving out of bounds and into walls will exacerbate the issue.

Agreed 100%. I play Skyrim now with smooth turning and all comfort settings off. It feels so awesome and I can go for hours now.

I tried the fan thing the other day and it really did feel immersive.

Everyone says Wipeout is great - I'm not a fan of the normal game so not sure I'll get it. It looks cool though. I was playing Dirt Rally in VR, but the single player is just so boring without a lot of fun stuff to do.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
PSN is having some awesome deal on PS4VR games.

Picking these up.

Wipeout $6
Thumper $6
Statik $8
Dirt Rally VR $10
Sprint Vector $12

Gamestop has Tetris Effect & Astro Bot for $20.