PSVR thoughts. Anyone have experience with VR?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
who all preordered? from where? has your's shipped?

I preordered from Best Buy because I missed the hot minute you could preorder on Amazon. It's now Oct. 11 and it still hasn't shipped. Street date is Oct. 13 - so Best Buy warehouses should have that shit. Really wishing I could've bought it through Amazon as they are the only ones that ship with haste.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I preordered through Bestbuy and I got the shipping notification today. Will be here on Thursday.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
When VR becomes the standard, or has enough market penetration and there is a "killer app" (or five) I'll check it out.

Right now it's of no interest to me.

I'm definitely more interested in VR from a gaming standpoint, and playing games that look like games. Not interested in a holodeck/hyper realism scenario.
It's a great developers toy, or 3d content creator like if you use Revit, stingray, Maya or 3DS max (u can load up your scenes in a Unity game engine plugin and view It through the HMD

steamVR has a library of games but I'm not familiar with it

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
it's finally shipped for me - fedex overnight - excitement levels rising

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
So I'm trying to download games for this, and they aren't even showing up on the playstation store. I see Battlezone, but nowhere can I buy the damn thing. What's the deal?

I was able to download the demo "disc," so I'm confused why I can't at least purchase a preorder or anything.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
Summer Lesson is the one I really want to play.......................:drool::drool::drool:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
So a quick impression: amazing. Truly truly amazing. It's less a video game and more an experience. I wash shocked. So impressed by this!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So a quick impression: amazing. Truly truly amazing. It's less a video game and more an experience. I wash shocked. So impressed by this!

Fuck me, I'm tempted to go against everything I said and just drop the $ on this.

What games have you tried?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

so stoked to try mine - but I probably won't get to until Monday. I have to go to a friend's wedding this weekend and it's torturing me.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
i passed. my wife said she'd leave me if i sat around with this thing on my head all day.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Rez is fucking amazing in VR. Period. I tried some of the demos, some are fun, but I'll wait to purchase until I'm sick of Rez. I do hope he ports Child of Eden to this.

Marek

Banned
Thanks for clearing that up. Seems like the move controls could be worth it... I can't justify buying one. But God damn it I want to play rez in fine that way

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I bet Turf plays with the VR headset on his head and the trance vibrator shoved up his rectum.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Battlezone. The psvr worlds game it comes with for free. Job simulator. And a few of the demos it comes with. The deep ocean decent thing was pretty jaw dropping, too.

I'm so thrilled with this thing.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I bet Turf plays with the VR headset on his head and the trance vibrator shoved up his rectum.

WELCOMETOTHENEXTLEVEL

I have to do something until he makes the Rez suit available to the public.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member

Turf is gay for Rez.

Seriously though, the PSVR is pretty damn awesome. This is my first foray into modern VR and even though it is undoutably a slightly lo-fi experience, the sense of wonder in just looking around and being immersed in the game you are playing is so cool. My only quirk thus far is that for some reason my TV's resolution changed to a very crappy one (maybe matching the headsets) and the mirroring would cut out on certain games. I'm thinking it may be the HDMI switch box I had in between the TV and break-out box so I will have to test more.

I also haven't tried any move controlled gmaes, and I hear those of the roughest in terms of tracking controls. We'll see though. Playing the Rez demo and doing silly activities in Playroom VR has me jazzed for the future potential. I want a Panzer Dragoon game Sega!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It could be switching off the Mirrored display to save resources.
I had to do this on my PC for some of the early VR stuff when things were not optimized.