Gears of War 4

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I realized that the Ultimate Edition of this unlocks at midnight Friday morning, so I went ahead and submitted my digital order on the Windows 10 store. It's unfortunate that you can't play competitively cross-platform, but at least you can do the co-op campaign and Horde mode. Is anyone else picking this up, especially on PC?

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Im going to get it. Im interested to see how the cross buy even works.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Just in case you're not aware, cross buy is digital only, so don't go buy a retail Xbox version expecting to get the PC version.

Day_Man

Hardened Shock Trooper
Ahh, Thanks for the heads up I had no idea.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I'm pretty pumped for this game, got one of these for free from a work prize. It's download only but it said I can play it on PC too. Also I think I get to play it tommorrow which is kinda cool but probably won't really get a chance too till the weekend anyways :-/
64d1073477196636ff6eaa30c0ada35f.png

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I'm pretty pumped for this game, got one of these for free from a work prize. It's download only but it said I can play it on PC too. Also I think I get to play it tommorrow which is kinda cool but probably won't really get a chance too till the weekend anyways :-/
64d1073477196636ff6eaa30c0ada35f.png

Traded in both of my Xbox one consoles and bought one of these at gamestop. I can't play it until I pick it up monday night, but mark my words.. I'm Excited. I'm a gears SUPERFAN, and plan on going decked out in Gears of War gear to the launch.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
absolutely love gears, I will definitely be getting Gears 4. Thanks for the heads up on the cross buy thing.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Make sure you get your Gamer Tags posted here so we can find each other.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I'd be very interested in impressions of that once you break it in.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I stopped playing gears after the 2nd one but I remember having a blast playing the campaign and online multiplayer. I think the games I've had most fun online playing were Quake 3 Arena, Halo2, and Gears.

Will pick this up for the PC.

Lemony Vengeance

Got my gears console today. No joke, it's the nicest special edition I've ever owned. it's much more than a silk screen job. The laser etching is AWESOME.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I can officially run the game at 60fps on Ultra and in 21:9, so I'm very happy with the Windows optimization. My only complaint is that it doesn't natively support the Dual Shock 4 like Forza Horizon 3 does, but InputMapper fixes that.

Don

Camel Slug
Got my gears console today. No joke, it's the nicest special edition I've ever owned. it's much more than a silk screen job. The laser etching is AWESOME.

Hopefully, we can get on soon Lem. If anyone hasn't played Gears with Lem on xbox live, he's good and it's quite the experience. Lem on gears after 15 minutes online; "WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEAL WITH ALL THESE FAGGOTS, GOD DAMN IT!. FUCK THESE FUCKING ASSHOLES...FUUUUCKKKK!" :lolz:

Lemony Vengeance

Hopefully, we can get on soon Lem. If anyone hasn't played Gears with Lem on xbox live, he's good and it's quite the experience. Lem on gears after 15 minutes online; "WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEAL WITH ALL THESE FAGGOTS, GOD DAMN IT!. FUCK THESE FUCKING ASSHOLES...FUUUUCKKKK!" :lolz:

This is HIGHLY accurate. Its a real doctor Jekyll/Mr. Hyde scenario with me and gears.

And I am pretty damn good. I wont lie.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Does anyone live in a place where Walmart sells 130 count Totino's Pizza Rolls? I'll buy you a box in exchange for the code on it to unlock the Zombie Gnasher skin. You can even choose Bacon Pepperoni or Cheeseburger heart disease, er, flavor. The Walmarts within 50 miles of me don't carry them.

edit: more details

edit2: I found them locally. I guess it was just a timing issue.

Last edited:

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
I wish I could see a stream of that! Sounds pretty entertaining. I imagine the kids are out of the room during that game play session ?

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'd be very interested in impressions of that once you break it in.

This thing is amazing. The build quality is heavy duty, mostly made out of what seems metal and thicker plastic so it's got some heft and feels solid AF.
25JwBe1.jpg

The swappable parts are metallic as well and attach via magnets, so you can pull them off and snap on the replacements quickly, but they're strong enough magnets that they don't come off during use or shaking the controller vigorously.
yn0Hbpm.jpg

8K3U0kU.jpg

I haven't really gotten used to the additional back paddles yet, and I'm not sure I like them TBH. I tend to accidentally press the buttons during gameplay and since they can be removed I find it more comfortable right now without them. Though I think I might use them for other games that don't require me gripping the controller for twitch reactions. We'll see. The button rapid fire choices are interesting, I haven't spent much time playing with the settings to see a difference, but I can see this being useful for people that play a lot of FPS's and don't want to train themselves for burst fire.
LAlmRYg.jpg

Since I did a small contract for The Coalition before leaving Canada, they were really nice enough to send me this beast, which was custom engraved for us developers. The little details are really nice.
wC4Eb4g.jpg

"Thank you" on the right-stick.
THQLqCq.jpg

"Never fight alone" on the left-stick.
sqEivUk.jpg

Overall this thing is incredibly built, and feels very comfortable and solid to play with, especially with the parts being metallic and having the different options to swap pieces. It's going to be my go-to controller for modern games, I'll even play it on PS4 and pick up a Brook Super Converter to get it connected.
1ZAQJtN.jpg

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Thanks for the impressions. It sounds like it may be hard for you to answer the most important question though, given that it was a gift/reward: Is it worth $200?