Ahcmetal's cab collection.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Here's a link to my Flickr page with albums for all the separate cabs...

I'll be cleaning up the Neo 4-slot...but I'm not going to go crazy with it...I rather like the scuffed up vinyl sides...I can't bring myself to peel it off...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ahcmetal/albums

z82.jpg

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Seriously clean setup. The big red sure looks like a beast next to its Japanese cousins.

I agree with you on leaving the vinyl - mine is in the same condition but I'd rather leave the vinyl than try to paint the particle board.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Silly question, where is the location of the HOT on the MS9? I think I need to replace one on a backup chassis I have.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I love all the custom color coated internal metal pieces, though I'd have gone with a pink/fuchsia on the blast and saved doing blue for an aero :drool:

Great line up though, good taste leaving a bit of space between mis-matched cabs.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Silly question, where is the location of the HOT on the MS9? I think I need to replace one on a backup chassis I have.

I seem to recall there being 2 large chips with thermal paste and 3 legs on them being strapped to that big main heat sink running through the middle of the chassis...I think it may have been the one closest to the flyback transformer that I changed...

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Thanks guy! I think I should be set for life on cabs now haha...and now chempop is talking Aero's...that would be kind of cool though...a Megalo 410 is rather interesting as well...

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Would love a Megalo 410 to convert to a HD cab, fuck those shitty rear projection screens.

Post pics of the pcbs!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
All the powder coated stuff looks dope. Takes it to another level.

joecommando

Amusaka's Lacky
10 Year Member
Very nice man! absolutely beautiful cabs, im drooling all over

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
that is a nice line up. i would put some game posters on the wall for that extra cozy factor.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Super clean setup.

I feel like I should know this but where'd you get your stools?

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Oh wow - just went through the image gallery - awesome dedication and work, colour me very impressed.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Would love a Megalo 410 to convert to a HD cab, fuck those shitty rear projection screens.

Post pics of the pcbs!

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I've been checking out klov for about 8 months and haven't seen any show up...sourcing repair parts scares me, but man...a Megalo would be sweet. Oh yeah, I still have to get pics of the boards and console stuff up still haha

Super clean setup.

I feel like I should know this but where'd you get your stools?

I got a pair off amazon and another pair online from Walmart, google search "S-3901 bar stool"...they match cabs pretty well I thought...

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Really nice cabs man, congrats.

What method did you use to respray them?

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Yea all looks good. And yea those stools look good next to those cabs.

TopTierArcade

Zero's Secretary
Just went through the flickr photos and i'm amazed how clean and mint these look. Great selection and amazing work!

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Just went through your flickr, did you have these cabs professionally painted? Man, these are the coolest restoration jobs.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
Just went through your flickr, did you have these cabs professionally painted? Man, these are the coolest restoration jobs.

Yep, I had them all sprayed and clear coated with automotive paint at a restoration shop. The Astro shell had bad enough hairline cracks running through all of it after I sanded it that I had a high build primer sprayed on first to fill them in and smooth it out...I'd definitely recommend that if anybody resprays a cracked/dented up shell...

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
That NAC marquee looks ace! It's custom made, right? I love it.