The most impressive yet pointless & ugliest N64 mod of all time

tomlee80

Kabuki Klasher
What amazes me is this person is clearly VERY talented when it comes to changing the case aesthetics and internal video output...BUT the whole thing looks like a pile of shit. Why the hell would you take away three controller ports, THEN build an external multi-tap? Also why on gods earth remove the power and reset then modify a bloody car key to switch the thing on...? This guy has to be on the spectrum.

Last edited:

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
You hit it on the head. Clearly has some skills in fabrication, art, tech...and this is how he applied it. It's in the "because I can" realm, instead of the "because I should". The very cool doesn't outweigh the very pointless.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Maye he was trying to fix port priority.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
That video is quite old. I wonder if he still uses it.

yeah i remember seeing that a long ass time ago. it was ugly then and its ugly now.

its pretty impressive making the n64 even MORE ugly but there it is

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That thing is terrible, but a good spite prank would be to rig that remote up to not turn on the system but to set off the wailing sounds of a viper car alarm system. Anyone should be loudly encouraged to avoid it.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Why harvest plastic from an old when there is plenty of bond-o. I LOL'd at the crackle paint job

elGRIZZbo

Mr. Big's Thug
I modded one of my N64's by swapping out the standard red LED to a more mellow amber one.

DSCN0569.jpg

I have plenty of extra N64's if I ever want to do something more ambitious, though. ;)

Reconditioned.jpg

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I recall seeing this year's ago and, though I love my N64, it's excessive and pointless.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
The led behind the logo I'd think was cool if I was 13