Greetings from Texas

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey everyone first I am glad to be part of the community I really enjoyed the noob testing and being limited to post. Now that I can see pictures I feel liberated.

A little about myself is I am a software developer but not in the game industry. I have been a gamer since the Nes days.

I have a real passion for fixing broken consoles and making them work again. I fixed a console for a friend of a friend and that is how I got involved with the neo geo. I had rented an aes as a teen and played some of the games on the wii but that was as much as I played of the neo geo.

A couple weeks back this friend being super happy with what I had done for him found a big red that was not working. He offered it for me free of charge with 5 games. I was honestly shocked but goes to show there are good people still in this hobby.

I'm slowly working on getting the big red working. I have cleaned it and I got it working blind. I think the monitor chassis needs a rebuild.

Here are some day 1 and present pics of the cab. It is a 2 slot board.

http://imgur.com/a/TMpT6

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
66413975.jpg

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
nice, more texas folk, seems more ppl in the Dallas area. I was over that way this weekend very briefly.

cyd

New Challenger
Looks to be the standard k7000, not bad to work on. Or if you just want it fixed, Chad at arcadecup.com has never let me down.

ginoscope

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Looks to be the standard k7000, not bad to work on. Or if you just want it fixed, Chad at arcadecup.com has never let me down.

Thanks for the tip I will look him up. I get power all the way up to the arcade chassis so I am suspecting a bad flyback since all the fuses look fine.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
nice, more texas folk, seems more ppl in the Dallas area. I was over that way this weekend very briefly.

My perception was that the higher number was further down south. :D
One more for Fort Worth! Welcome, ginoscope!

gallo

n00b
Hi man!

You can definitely restore that Big Red. It looks to be in decent condition. I have seen vinyl decals to replace on the side panels after refinishing. Go to town and have fun!

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
My perception was that the higher number was further down south. :D
One more for Fort Worth! Welcome, ginoscope!

Yeah, as far as i know there is me and grimmy in houston. Think there is a new member that just joined from houston, forget his name. But other than that dont know of any other memebers. Most seem to be in dallas, and I notice on NGFL most of the texas ppl are from dallas.
Not sure how many Austin cats we have in here, i know unofficalguy

edit- Joe is over in collegestation, almost forgot about you dude lol

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Hello and welcome! Enjoy your stay. And good luck on the restoration!

Edit: I used Chad at arcadecup to fix my monitor chassis on my wells gardner 19v for my Space invaders cocktail table. He did a good job and runs like a champ now! For being a 36 year old board that was in a smoke filled bar covered in beer and whatever else...

Last edited: