Neo Geo titles coming to PS4 Arcade Archives

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Fatal Fury Special was added to PS4, XB1 and Switch.

Pulstar and 2020 Super Baseball are available too on PS4 (not sure about other platforms)

Thank you for the heads up about today's Fatal Fury Special release. These are reaching the usa psn much faster than before. The usa psn launch used to take place weeks after the game initially hit the japanese store.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member

It seems like the uncensored version...? If they had shown Rasetsumaru's fatality we would know for sure.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
It is the fully uncensored version, and SNK confirmed it. The fixed AES version (with censored finishers) didn't have any body dismemberment.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
Was the MVS version censored too when put in console mode via unibios?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
next batch of games:

DGcvqHFUIAELiUE.jpg

https://twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/893735698057936897

Super Sidekick and Aero Fighter 2 got released on PS4 too (not sure about other systems), and AoF2 should be out soon as well.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I'm checking the Internet every day for the PS4/Vita Sam Sho 5 release. Hope they announce something soon.

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
I'm checking the Internet every day for the PS4/Vita Sam Sho 5 release. Hope they announce something soon.

Was wondering the same thing too, in all honesty. You'd think there'd be a release date by now, but who knows? Might be some unknown technical issues that they're trying to iron out first. I expect it to come out next month at the very latest, hopefully. It's a tad frustrating when trailers say "COMING THIS [Insert Season Here]!" but ends up coming just barely at the end of said season.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
MotW took ages after its announcement to release on PS4.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
It's a tad frustrating when trailers say "COMING THIS [Insert Season Here]!" but ends up coming just barely at the end of said season.
That sounds HORRIBLE. When a company says a game is coming in a specific season and it's released that season. How do you manage to cope in such an unjust world?

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
That sounds HORRIBLE. When a company says a game is coming in a specific season and it's released that season. How do you manage to cope in such an unjust world?

I mean yeah, it's a small thing to bitch about but sometimes it could mean early in the season, or it could mean months later at the end of the season. Not like it's the end of the world. There's a significant window of time that a game could be released. In this case, I was assuming a late summer release for SSVS anyway since it was revealed in July.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
SSVS will be released on Tuesday.

DracoBlade

Cham Cham's Banana
Got SSVS and its bloody good as always, well, much better than the anthology V vanilla I had been playing. Also happy to see LAST BLADE get some love, Hamster is doing god's work!

grayn

n00b
I got a PS4 Pro, a couple of weeks ago, purely for all the Neo Geo classics on it.
Plus Earth Defence Force 4.1

Already downloaded Soccer Brawl, Galaxy Fight, Street Hoop, Burning Fight, Mutation Nation,
Robo Army, Over Top, Windjammers, Aerofighters 2, Pulstar, Magical Drop 2, ZedBlade,
Metal Slugs 2, 3 & X, Neo Turfmasters, Super Sidekicks and the ADK Damashi bundle, with
Twinkle Star Sprites, Ninja Commando, Ninja Combat, Ninja Masters & Gangan.

I am very happy with these conversions, with the ADK Bundle being the weakest, IMO.
I owned almost all of these, back in the day and I'm so happy to be playing them again.
Well done Hamster.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Not sure if anyone is interested but Sengoku 3 is coming to Switch (and certainly eventually to other consoles).

This is the first time it's getting ported AFAIK.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/0...eo-add-face-titles-shin-nihon-keikaku-titles/

ACA releases will now include:

- Pre-NeoGeo SNK titles
- Face titles including Gururin, Sonic Wings 3, Ghost Pilot and Stake Winners

The following NeoGeo ports were also announced:

PS4/Xbox One:

Real Bout Fatal Fury 2 ~The Newcomers~ (SNK)
Aero Fighters 3 (Video System)
Waku Waku 7 (Sunsoft)
Sengoku Denshou 2001 (SNK)
The King of Fighters ‘99 (SNK)
Ghost Pilots (SNK)
Gururin (Face)
Stakes Winner (SNK)
Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa’s Revenge (SNK)

Nintendo Switch:

Real Bout Fatal Fury (SNK)
Aero Fighters 3 (Video System)
World Heroes 2 Jet (SNK)
Sengoku Denshou 2001 (SNK)
Samurai Shodown III: Blades of Blood (SNK)
Ghost Pilots (SNK)
Gururin (Face)
Stakes Winner (SNK)
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special (SNK)

Can we have Super Dodge Ball now please?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Local multiplayer, yes. Online, no. And MVS mode only (no standard VS. or practice modes).

This doesn't include the non-ACA releasess (MS3, Garou, SSVS and Windjammers). These were ported by different studios and feature online and extras ...etc.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
Not sure if anyone is interested but Sengoku 3 is coming to Switch (and certainly eventually to other consoles).

This is the first time it's getting ported AFAIK.

It was available on the Wii VC.

Also, pardon my ignorance but what is a Face title? Sonic Wings 3 wasn't developed by Video Systems?