Omega CMVS scart cable.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Is the Genny2 cable the same as the Omega cable? I accidentally plugged in my genny2 cable today and it worked fine. Just want to know if its ok to do so.

If it is then I'm wondering if the hdretrovision component cable would work as well.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
If the pinout is the same, there should be not problems. But just remeber that genny scart cables use 75 ohm resistors + 220uF caps, so you might get a slightly darker image.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
As I recall the Omega video output is designed to have the same pinout as the Genny 2 cable.

I've no idea if the HDRetrovision Genny 2 component cable will work with an Omega. It might if you left the Omega on it's RGB setting, but I wouldn't try it until I got confirmation from Quan about how that would go. But why would you buy one of those when you can get the proper component video cable from Arcade Works for much, much less than the HDRetrovision cable? https://www.arcadeworks.net/hardware/omega-neo-geo-component-cable

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Is the Genny2 cable the same as the Omega cable? I accidentally plugged in my genny2 cable today and it worked fine. Just want to know if its ok to do so.

If it is then I'm wondering if the hdretrovision component cable would work as well.

It's similar in terms of what signals come out of each pin but differ electrically. As Atro said, the genny2 scart cable has the cap and resistor combo in the cable while in the omega those parts are in the system. It'll work but result in a darker picture. What I normally tell people is that if you're in a pinch, you can use a genny2 composite stereo cable as those sets of pins are unmodified compared to a genny2. The remaining pins were modified in some form to accommodate s-video and component output.

The hdretrovision cable won't work with the omega since the cable needs +5v to operate while the omega puts out +12v to ensure that 4:3 aspect ratio is enabled by default on scart televisions. The omega also natively outputs component so all you would need is the cable that bubz linked to.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It's similar in terms of what signals come out of each pin but differ electrically. As Atro said, the genny2 scart cable has the cap and resistor combo in the cable while in the omega those parts are in the system. It'll work but result in a darker picture. What I normally tell people is that if you're in a pinch, you can use a genny2 composite stereo cable as those sets of pins are unmodified compared to a genny2. The remaining pins were modified in some form to accommodate s-video and component output.

The hdretrovision cable won't work with the omega since the cable needs +5v to operate while the omega puts out +12v to ensure that 4:3 aspect ratio is enabled by default on scart televisions. The omega also natively outputs component so all you would need is the cable that bubz linked to.

Thanks Quan. Yea, I already have a omega scart cable and I'm planning on ordering a component cable from your website. Was just curious, that's all.