How often do you change games (MVS, Super Gun owners)

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I'm an odd SNK fan, I don't play much of the fighting games, but the others so I really don't run into that. It's when I decided to fire up Samurai Shodown 3 or of those types I have that issue if I get a bit strong on it. Normally since I'm not as aggressive with brawlers, platformers, side scrolling action, puzzle, shumps or dodgeball it really isn't a problem. Sure I could rig something up, but I really don't want to go about making holes in the cabinet or adding stuff. I just got fed up reaching well under there to repeatedly unsnap the thing to swap carts after I started buying a few that weren't on my 161in1.

Ah, that makes sense. I might give that a shot when I am going through and changing allot more in the future.

On my four slot I like to keep one puzzle game, one shooter, one fighter and a wild card. I found a lineup with staying power at the moment: Twinkle Star Sprites, Puzzle Bobble, Magical Drop 3 and Garou MOTW WW7 on the 1 slot setup. Haven't swapped carts for a while now.

I wish I could grab a working 4 slot incase I get a Japanese Candy cab in the near future. You have a pretty good lineup of games that would meet any fix you have, even if it is shooters, puzzle or fighting games.

Last edited:

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I have a 161-in-1 on my 2 slot. So i don't change them often. as for my supergun, I currently only own 3 PCBs, and a pandoras box 3, so that doesn't get switched around to often either. I also have a groovymame setup, so if i'm being real lazy about switching hardware, i can just use that

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
It's a relief to hear switching games somewhat frequently isn't terrible for the cartridge slot or pcbs, since I definitely have those days where I can't decide what to keep playing and swap carts several times.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
I change them about as often as my undergarments, every day.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
In my 4 slot big red it is very rare I swap them out, and when I do its usually just the first slot. The two slot/supergun has one cart I change every couple of days, and one that stays in for a month or better. Both systems get a pretty long break in the summer though, late fall/winter/early spring is my heavy game time. I have never had any issues.